• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Moving Auba centrally was an evolution. Was worth trying Willock based on his Europa performances but we saw the limitations we know he has today. Think Nelson is more deserving of a spot in the team so I'd go with the 4-3-3/3-4-3 hybrid

Bellerín-Holding-Gabi-Tierney
Ceballos-Thomas-Saka
Nelson-Auba-Willian

Hopefully ESR can finally get involved this Thursday in Europa.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
So what I gathered from that match and what Arteta has to address.

Willian doesnt seem fit nor effective. Combine that with going on holidays and messing about. Dont want to see him in the starting 11 anytime soon again. If Arteta keeps playing him time to go.

Pepe is idiotic. Has arguably been the biggest flop in PL history. 72m for nothing. I mean nothing. An assist in the FA cup final. Nothing more. Should be sold in January to the highest bidder. I dont care if it is 20-25m get rid. Give him back to Lille and come to some agreement with them that we dont have to pay them the full amount left.

Attacking wise we are brutal. With 11 or with 10 brutal. The football is horrible. The attack is horrible and we have given a big fat contract to Auba who looks like hes aged 5 years.

These players were talking about the feel good factor and everyone buying into Arteta. Nobody is buying into anything.

Hector Bellerin keeps taking foul throws. I cant believe that this is continuing to happen. How is this being allowed to happen. Where is the authority. School boy stuff.

Rob Holding and Gabriel were as good as they can be. Credit to them. Tierney was decent and Leno was excellent. I honestly think those guys along with Saka are the only ones doing anything. The rest horrible.

I dont know how Arteta fixes this but the signs are worrying. We dont look like winning football matches.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
This game has justified and vindicated a lot of choices he’s been making that the fans have been getting on his back for.

Not trusting Pepe for one. Changing tactics and switching Auba around doesn’t magically improve things like fans thought it would either. Willock disappointing on his breakthrough chance...

Needs better players. Leeds should not be spending more than us on transfers.

What are you on about Leeds spending more than us on transfers. Do not start that narrative. When did Leeds sign a 60m striker a 72m winger a 40m midfielder a 22m defender a 25m goalkeeper a 25m left back? Talk sense would you give yourself a rattle.

Manberg

Predator
What are you on about Leeds spending more than us on transfers. Do not start that narrative. When did Leeds sign a 60m striker a 72m winger a 40m midfielder a 22m defender a 25m goalkeeper a 25m left back? Talk sense would you give yourself a rattle.

In the summer they spent £100m we spent £72m. That’s what I’m referring to.

REWB

He's alright, I have a feeling we would have beat Leeds today in the second half with nelson on. I could see leeds were getting tired. I think soon arteta will get it right, we arent far off having a decently balanced side.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Players letting him down. First 20m was a bit more like it and then they slipped into their usual ****.

Emery being a buffoon with his language and interviews papered over the fact that a lot of players in this dressing room are a disgrace. We need to get rid of as many as possible and sign some young hungry players.

I want to be linked with 0 players over 27 next summer. Lets bring in some players who want to further their career and achieve something.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
This game has justified and vindicated a lot of choices he’s been making that the fans have been getting on his back for.

Not trusting Pepe for one. Changing tactics and switching Auba around doesn’t magically improve things like fans thought it would either. Willock disappointing on his breakthrough chance...

Needs better players. Leeds should not be spending more than us on transfers.

Auba had 3 shots on goal from inside the box, half what he had managed in the 8 games before today. That’s a massive improvement. If we keep that up he’ll start scoring, something which he wouldn’t have done having next to no chances on the left. Also **** off with the transfer bullshit. Most of the players starting for Leeds came up with them from the Championship. Stupid ****.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Changing tactics and switching Auba around doesn’t magically improve things like fans thought it would either. Willock disappointing on his breakthrough chance...

No one said it would magically improve things. We of course need better players. That's my biggest criticism of Mikel and Edu so far, is that they left unfilled a massive need this season in rather negligent fashion. Market was not handled well, AMN should've been sold, should've raised funds for better players, cheaper options that I've mentioned time and time again should've been explored.

That said, Auba centrally is certainly an evolution. We need to get more footballers into our set-up, Laca at false 9 is not a good solution.

I half-heartedly suggested giving Willock a chance because of the lack of other options, but yeah, I don't think many really thought he could be some kind of panacea and those that did are overrating him, sure. Willock's major limitations are there to be seen. We need better players, of course. Our options are really quite **** for a top 4 aspiring team, hence the criticism of our market approach.

Nelson is the most deserving of a start from the looks of it, so I propose him starting in the 3-4-3/4-3-3 hybrid that makes a nice use of Saka's talents. ESR needs to be involved as soon as possible because he's better than Willock and is the closest thing we have to a real option for that position in a 4-3-3. The dream situation is that ESR and Nelson break through and we play a 4-3-3 with Thomas, Dani, ESR and Saka, Auba, and Nelson.

Manberg

Predator
Auba had 3 shots on goal from inside the box, half what he had managed in the 8 games before today. That’s a massive improvement. If we keep that up he’ll start scoring, something which he wouldn’t have done having next to no chances on the left. Also **** off with the transfer bullshit. Most of the players starting for Leeds came up with them from the Championship. Stupid ****.

He looked lost and isolated for most of the first half.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Can’t just keep sacking managers, this is on the players and recruitment team
You can sack a manager if he doesn't do his job. His job is to instill enough respect or at least fear in players that they perform or at the very least aren't buggering off to Dubai or starting fights only to be rewarded with a start. Arteta tells us he's in charge. If you have the authority to bin Özil and Guendouzi (which I don't disagree with) then you have the authority to punish players who show a lack of professionalism and respect. He's choosing to be inconsistent in his enforcement of his so called non negotiables. Turns out that for some players, they're very negotiable and that is entirely on him, not recruitment or players.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
You can sack a manager if he doesn't do his job. His job is to instill enough respect or at least fear in players that they perform or at the very least aren't buggering off to Dubai or starting fights only to be rewarded with a start. Arteta tells us he's in charge. If you have the authority to bin Özil and Guendouzi (which I don't disagree with) then you have the authority to punish players who show a lack of professionalism and respect. He's choosing to be inconsistent in his enforcement of his so called non negotiables. Turns out that for some players, they're very negotiable and that is entirely on him, not recruitment or players.

Not much the next manager can do with the likes of Xhaka and Willian, our recruitment has been so bad the last 5 years no wonder we are where we are.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
He looked lost and isolated for most of the first half.

Yeah and so does Lacazette, so does Nketiah. There’s a disconnect between the midfield and our forwards, contrary to your constant bullshit about the front 3 being the problem. Until that’s resolved all our strikers are going to be lost and isolated. The difference with Aubameyang is that if you give him a decent chance he’s likely to score it, the other two won’t.

Arsenal Quotes

Robert Pirès was a fabulous player, world-class, and for a few years, before his injury, he was unquestionably the best left-midfielder in the world by far. He had incredible technique, he was smart, a finisher. He was a killer with a smile, the gentlest man in the world who suddenly drive the ball exactly where it was needed.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom