• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Your entire argument is based on the belief that the fans made Wenger a worse manager. You’ll never be able to prove that.

My point is that Wenger failed to compete with Klopp and Poch. The league table proves that. Simple really.
I don’t need to prove it, it’s a fact. 2015/16 even with the highest injury rate in the league he beat both Klopp and Poch. The man had managed a ridiculously long 20 years in the top 4 even on minimal spend. How long did Poch last, 3 years max? Then when the fans mount a serious campaign to remove him he drops out immediately.

You’re argument that even if the fans hadn’t ranted, boycotted, flown planes over stadium and protested, he’d have been beaten by them anyway is what can’t be proved. :lol: Simple really.

Last edited:

LG10

Merse is a top pundit, people confuse lack of intelligence with a lack of education. Guy knows football, just doesn't talk pretty.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

I'm not sure what people are objecting to here. What exactly did he say that is shocking or wrong?

novar

I'm not sure what people are objecting to here. What is exactly did he say that is shocking or wrong?

A lot of people have this weird fantasy about how the way we're currently playing is not what Arteta wants at all, just a needed step in the "process" to dominate European football, a process that apparently just needs a creative midfielder whose main trait is "not in the Arsenal payroll"

Maybe the same people that thought back then Emery with his senior fullbacks fit was going to make us title contenders. It's not a new thing really.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice

I'm not sure what people are objecting to here. What exactly did he say that is shocking or wrong?

Nothing. Some of us are just saying he's a hot take pundit. Merse has held virtually every position it's possible to have on Arteta and Arsenal at some point. Just a month ago he was raving about Arteta. He's just a bad pundit in general.

Arteta was amazing then we lost a few games and now he's not that good. He's basically one of us :lol:

Last edited:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Cause he was praising Arteta on sky sports in October.

He also lost all credibility when he said Harry Redknapp was a better tactician than Wenger or something like that.

Nothing wrong with what he said it's just nonsense, we beat Wolves 3 nil we might call us title contenders you can't take him serious.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Nothing. Some of us are just saying he's a hot take pundit. Merse has held virtually every position is possible to have on Arteta and Arsenal at some point. He's just a bad pundit in general.

Arteta was amazing then we lost a few games and he's now he's not that good. He's basically one of us :lol:

Instead of attacking the messenger why not talk about the message? Cause Merson has said a lot of hot takes but what he said is without a doubt not a hot take.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Instead of attacking the messenger why not talk about the message? Cause Merson has said a lot of hot takes but what he said is without a doubt not a hot take.

I'm pretty sure our run of poor form has been the number 1 thing discussed on here the past few weeks. I'm not sure what else I can say, either Arteta will turn the results around or he won't.

I'll support him up until the time I don't think he's capable of performing the job anymore. That is some way off for me currently.

Breezy

Another thing that’s starting to piss me off about this guy is his increasing tendency to unnecessarily big up our opponents in the build up to games.

Kav

Established Member
Your entire argument is based on the belief that the fans made Wenger a worse manager. You’ll never be able to prove that.

My point is that Wenger failed to compete with Klopp and Poch. The league table proves that. Simple really.

Not exactly. Here is why Poch joined Sp**s in May 2014 and Klopp joined Pool in October 2015. Thus their actualy head to head record for the league table looks like this:

Arsenal
Year Position GF GA Pts
2014/15 3 71 36 75
2015/16 2 65 36 71

2016/17 5 77 44 75
2017/18 6 74 51 63

Sp**s
2014/15 5 58 53 54
2015/16 3 69 35 70

2016/17 2 86 26 86
2017/18 3 74 36 77

Liverpool
2015/16 8 63 50 60

2016/17 4 78 42 76
2017/18 4 84 38 75

The information above shows that Wenger did better than pochettino in his first two seasons at Sp**s. Also that wenger did better than liverpool (Rodgers and Klopp) for that similar two year period.

It also shows that only the last two season were there any evidence of the improvement of Sp**s and Liverpool respectively. In fact Klopp bested Wenger by a single point in the 2016/17 season and Sp**s did exceptionally well that year.

The notion that Klopp and Poch came in and did better is false. They were pretty much even 2 good years and 2 bad years over the sample period.

The interesting thing that the stats show me is not so much a decline but a consistency in terms of goals scored and conceded and points on Wenger's part. The real fall was his last season. It was certainly below standards, though i am not sure how much of that is due to the early announcement of his firing and its subseqquent effect on the teams performance. If i recall he had like atleast 10 league games to play from the announcement to the last game.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Not exactly. Here is why Poch joined Sp**s in May 2014 and Klopp joined Pool in October 2015. Thus their actualy head to head record for the league table looks like this:

Arsenal
Year Position GF GA Pts
2014/15 3 71 36 75
2015/16 2 65 36 71

2016/17 5 77 44 75
2017/18 6 74 51 63

Sp**s
2014/15 5 58 53 54
2015/16 3 69 35 70

2016/17 2 86 26 86
2017/18 3 74 36 77

Liverpool
2015/16 8 63 50 60

2016/17 4 78 42 76
2017/18 4 84 38 75

The information above shows that Wenger did better than pochettino in his first two seasons at Sp**s. Also that wenger did better than liverpool (Rodgers and Klopp) for that similar two year period.

It also shows that only the last two season were there any evidence of the improvement of Sp**s and Liverpool respectively. In fact Klopp bested Wenger by a single point in the 2016/17 season and Sp**s did exceptionally well that year.

The notion that Klopp and Poch came in and did better is false. They were pretty much even 2 good years and 2 bad years over the sample period.

The interesting thing that the stats show me is not so much a decline but a consistency in terms of goals scored and conceded and points on Wenger's part. The real fall was his last season. It was certainly below standards, though i am not sure how much of that is due to the early announcement of his firing and its subseqquent effect on the teams performance. If i recall he had like atleast 10 league games to play from the announcement to the last game.

Arsenes spend went up, but points and such basically stayed the same? He was regressing hard.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Arsenal
Year Position GF GA Pts
2014/15 3 71 36 75
2015/16 2 65 36 71

2016/17 5 77 44 75
2017/18 6 74 51 63

Sp**s
2014/15 5 58 53 54
2015/16 3 69 35 70

2016/17 2 86 26 86
2017/18 3 74 36 77

Liverpool
2015/16 8 63 50 60

2016/17 4 78 42 76
2017/18 4 84 38 75

I’m just saying it got to a point where they were doing better than he was in the league.

The table doesn’t lie.

GoonerJay24

Dissspointing to hear his latest comments about needing several more transfer markets to challenge for titles and get near the 100 point mark. What sort of belief and confidence will such messages transfer to the players?

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Dissspointing to hear his latest comments about needing several more transfer markets to challenge for titles and get near the 100 point mark. What sort of belief and confidence will such messages transfer to the players?
But unfortunately that is close to the truth. Our squad is quite a ways behind the better squads in the league.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
We are failing (never attempted) to pass the ball around the opponent box/inside the opponent box, because our player are not skilful enough to play like 07/08 Arsenal.

We failed to do that so we keep attempting long shot. We are so shxt that we don’t even try to unlock the opponent defence and go for the direct option.

We don’t try to walk the ball into the goal anymore, because we have shxt players like willock/laca/auba/nketiah/niles......we used to have skilful players and elite passes in our team... fabregas, rosicky, van persie, hleb, nasri, arshavin, sanchez, cazorla........now we have fxxking nothing.

Top Bottom