• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Dissspointing to hear his latest comments about needing several more transfer markets to challenge for titles and get near the 100 point mark. What sort of belief and confidence will such messages transfer to the players?

Sadly players like Xhaka, Mustafi and co who have been here for years now won't take anything from any words that are said, good or bad. They're broken footballers.

In all fairness I expect him to have a team that resembles what he wants by the end of next summer. Already had the keeper, left back, Auba, Bellerin and the youngsters. Added Gabriel and Partey, Pepe still there as well

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Sadly players like Xhaka, Mustafi and co who have been here for years now won't take anything from any words that are said, good or bad. They're broken footballers.

In all fairness I expect him to have a team that resembles what he wants by the end of next summer. Already had the keeper, left back, Auba, Bellerin and the youngsters. Added Gabriel and Partey, Pepe still there as well
Auba :lol:

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
Dissspointing to hear his latest comments about needing several more transfer markets to challenge for titles and get near the 100 point mark. What sort of belief and confidence will such messages transfer to the players?
If that doesn't motivate the players then they can take a hike.

The truth is some of the players aren't good enough and are happy to stay here leeching wages from the club.

Artera needs a few windows to get rid of these types and get in players who want to perform and not be along for the money.

GoonerJay24

But unfortunately that is close to the truth. Our squad is quite a ways behind the better squads in the league.

Yes but this season I doubt the PL winners will accumulate 90+ points in the final standings. We have a squad capable of competing given how crazy and unpredictable this campaigns been; but Arteta keeps echoing process and building a philosophy!

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Anyone else remember the days when we'd be thumping a team 3/4-0 and we had Özil and Alexis just passing to each other? Doing all flicks and tricks because they knew how much better they were than everyone on the pitch?

Man I miss seeing that so much.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The players know the this themselves mate. I'm sure our key players want better players coming into the team, they're not stupid, they know themselves their is a lack of quality in the squad. By all accounts the team was very pleased we brought Partey in for example.

GoonerJay24

If that doesn't motivate the players then they can take a hike.

The truth is some of the players aren't good enough and are happy to stay here leeching wages from the club.

Artera needs a few windows to get rid of these types and get in players who want to perform and not be along for the money.

Yes I understand what your saying but this squad has players capable of competing, just takes competent management. Why are Sp**s looking so good compared to us? I'd argue in the last two seasons our squad has been better than theirs despite finishing below by a couple of points.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

I said these two had some of the best chemistry I've seen between two players in an Arsenal shirt and someone told me they rarely linked up ffs. :lol:

Should of won the league with them.

Anyway, to make this relevant, Mikel get us playing like this again ffs please I beg.

GoonerJay24

The players know the this themselves mate. I'm sure our key players want better players coming into the team, they're not stupid, they know themselves their is a lack of quality in the squad. By all accounts the team was very pleased we brought Partey in for example.

To reach those high standards set by City and Liverpool in these recent seasons, then yes of course it'll take two or three years. However this season there's no reason why we can't be closer to the top like Sp**s and Leicester are; unacceptable!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I said these two had some of the best chemistry I've seen between two players in an Arsenal shirt and someone told me they rarely linked up ffs. :lol:

Anyway, to make this relevant, Mikel get us playing like this again ffs please I beg.
Özil just needs ballers around him, we have none.

GoonerJay24

Obviously they linked up well for a couple of seasons but I didn't like their chemistry in 16/17 when Sanchez kept dropping deep getting into Mesuts space which hindered our attacks on occasion.

But great players during much better times for Arsenal!

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Özil just needs ballers around him, we have none.

Watching old Alexis videos again, honestly it's like he's my ex and I'm just re-watching the good times we had together.

Alexis - Auba - Pepe
Özil​

tenor.png

Manberg

Predator
Yes I understand what your saying but this squad has players capable of competing, just takes competent management. Why are Sp**s looking so good compared to us? I'd argue in the last two seasons our squad has been better than theirs despite finishing below by a couple of points.

On the contrary. When you compare the quality of 18 man squads overall, ours has no business finishing in the top 4.

GoonerJay24

On the contrary. When you compare the quality of 18 man squads overall, ours has no business finishing in the top 4.

With last season's third and fourth place teams finishing on 66 points I have to disagree with you. This squad is better than that and should have reached top four at least once in the previous two campaigns.

Off field problems rendering instability has prevented us from reaching our targets.

Manberg

Predator
With last season's third and fourth place teams finishing on 66 points I have to disagree with you. This squad is better than that and should have reached top four at least once in the previous two campaigns.

Off field problems rendering instability has prevented us from reaching our targets.

Do a position by position comparison against the other top 6 teams. I think you’ll find we come 5th or 6th in most people’s estimations.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
To reach those high standards set by City and Liverpool in these recent seasons, then yes of course it'll take two or three years. However this season there's no reason why we can't be closer to the top like Sp**s and Leicester are; unacceptable!

Sp**s' squad is miles better than ours. They also have a much better starting 11, you cant under estimate how big a role Kane is playing as well. He is a special special center forward that can drag a team to a very high level. This season he is on the RVP/Suarez level. He's also supported by the world class Son. I like Auba but he is not at Kanes level.

Leicester also have a better starting 11 than us imo.

We seriously lack quality going forward.

GoonerJay24

Do a position by position comparison against the other top 6 teams. I think you’ll find we come 5th or 6th in most people’s estimations.

I completely accept we don't have the best players compared to the top teams. But still with the likes of Leno, Bellerin, Tierney, Partey, Saka and Aubamayang; we should be doing a bit better than we are.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I completely accept we're don't have the best players compared to the top teams. But still with the likes of Leno, Bellerin, Tierney, Partey, Saka and Aubamayang; we should be doing a bit better than we are.

You're probably right, but on the other hand look at the games we've had. We've played last seasons top 3 away and Leicester at home, where we were unlucky. Partey has also played two and a half games. The football hasn't been great but we need some perspective.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom