• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

What did you judge him by?

Just goal/assist? If that's the case then maybe you are right. But football is much more than just goal/assist.

Build up play, general contribution, space creation, teamwork passing play, keeping possession in crowded space, dribbling skills. He did these perfectly since the first day he joined.
If I was too look at Nasri’s stats for Arsenal he wouldn’t even be considered a success - but we both know there’s more to football than that.

Eye test, I stand by what I said, early on in his Arsenal career he didn’t look out of place but he was inconsistent. At the time our losses were put down to inexperience, boys against men, etc etc and he was a huge part of that.

Wenger had to be patient with him and luckily at the time he wasn’t our sole source of creativity so we could get away with it. It helped that he was popular and the quality was blatantly there to see, he was easy on the eye.

Some would argue he never actually had an impressive full season with us it was always in spurts and he left when he finally became a top player.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
If I was too look at Nasri’s stats for Arsenal he wouldn’t even be considered a success - but we both know there’s more to football than that.

Eye test, I stand by what I said, early on in his Arsenal career he didn’t look out of place but he was inconsistent.

Wenger had to be patient with him and luckily at the time he wasn’t our sole source of creativity so we could get away with it. It helped that he was popular and the quality was blatantly there to see, he was easy on the eye.

Some would argue he never actually had an impressive full season with us it was always in spurts and he left when he finally became a top player.
Just like hleb and cazorla, never failed to impress every time they have the ball.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Time to start looking from within the league. We need fast results players who will hit the ground running. Some foreign players can. Some PL proven players dont fit a team but I think we need to look more from PL.

Bissouma was excellent today. 8 tackles 3 dribbles against Liverpool. 24. Perfect age to develop abit more and knows the league.

Another player who interests me but I'm not sure how good he would be for us is Sander Berge. Seems to be able to beat a press with the drop of a shoulder. Creation wise he isnt good.

Which is what brings me to Matheus Pereria. Again 24. Creative. Would he make the step up to a better team? I have no idea.

We wouldnt make all 3. But these are 3 that could be options if we fail to finish in EL places. They could be total garbage for us but I think we need to start looking and who can offer more playing in a better team.

The two players you mentioned are pointless. We have Partey. Pereira I'm not sure on either. If we go for anyone in the league it's gotta be Grealish.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
The two players you mentioned are pointless. We have Partey. Pereira I'm not sure on either. If we go for anyone in the league it's gotta be Grealish.

Grealish is way out of our league. If he leaves Villa it will be to a team who's a favourite to win the league and play CL.

Bissouma and Partey may be able to play together. Partey able to carry the ball forward abit. Basically Xhaka and Ceballos are likely to be either gone next summer or starting to be phased out. Is Elneny a viable long term answer? Definately not.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I still remember the game when Nasri came of age in our 5-0 demolition of a pretty decent Porto side, I believe Fabregas was injured so it force Nasri to take on a more central role in terms of being the main man for creativity. Scored one of the best goals in the Emirates era too that day.

But alas it did take time and I suppose he had the benefit of coming into a side with Fabregas already there, even still tho he was essentially replacing Hleb and Rosicky being out for the season did mean he was played a lot and he needed to adapt pretty quickly. I think part of the reason we signed Arshavin was we need something extra from wide areas and we were a bit short, I think it also took a bit of the pressure off Nasri. I also remember Nasri played pretty well in that infamous 4-4 draw at Anfield.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Grealish is way out of our league. If he leaves Villa it will be to a team who's a favourite to win the league and play CL.

Bissouma and Partey may be able to play together. Partey able to carry the ball forward abit. Basically Xhaka and Ceballos are likely to be either gone next summer or starting to be phased out. Is Elneny a viable long term answer? Definately not.

Partey should not drive forward, he needs to do the dirty work. We should get 3 players similar to Aouar to do the creative work.

Our creative central midfielders should only drive forward to attack the half space, IF we have a plan that the full back would take up their original position (Man City). If not then the central midfielders should remain where they are and create passing play (09 Barcelona).

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Partey should not drive forward, he needs to do the dirty work. We should get 3 players similar to Aouar to do the creative work.

Our creative central midfielders should only drive forward to attack the half space, IF we have a plan that the full back would take up their original position. If not then the central midfielders should remain where they are and create passing play, like 09 Barcelona.

When I mean drive forward I dont necessarily mean bombing into the box.

If you had a 4 2 3 1 Partey could be part of the 2 and the one being licensed to be slightly further forward or make the odd run if when needed. The other player would be predominantly holding. Obviously we know we need a central creator. We need to find someone like a David Silva to link midfield and attack and who can take the balls in tight spaces but unfortunately those players arent that easy to find.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
We got more out of Özil than Nasri believe it or not, I’m not sure if you’re willing to admit that though.
You know how Özil was missing in games, not contributing in the general play. These players are the exact opposite. They always wanted the ball and love to have possession. These players are great 90mins every game whenever they have the ball. Özil? One “good” performance once in a while. And he is only good on the second that he make the assisting pass, contributing nothing in the general play for the other 89mins. Hleb, Nasri, cazorla make it as tricky and complicated as possible for the opponent, Özil tries to make his play simple and efficient.

Last edited:

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
We got more out of Özil than Nasri believe it or not, I’m not sure if you’re willing to admit that though.

We 100% got more out of Özil than Nasri. I don't see how it's even debatable.

Not sure it's a fair comparison though as Özil was a legit world class player when we bought him while Nasri was a work in progress.

I'd argue that Nasri never fully fulfilled the potential that he showed at Arsenal later in his career. Think a lot of that is on Nasri himself though, he seems a bit of an idiot.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
We got half a world class season out of Nasri we got a lot more out of Özil. Nasri played within himself until his contract was running down then he did that thing many of our players do by turning world class in the last 18 months of his contract. Özil did more in an Arsenal shirt than Nasri surely anyone can see that.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Remember that one match were Frimpong destroyed Nasri, hilarious :lol:

Samir was a quality player though, but a massive gimp really.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I still respect Nasri because he played his heart out vs Liverpool when he was literally on the verge of signing for City. He was by far our best player that day, tho it was an appalling performance but he was clearly trying his hardest. He never went on strike to force a move, he never went to F1 instead of going to Arsenal games.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I still respect Nasri because he played his heart out vs Liverpool when he was literally on the verge of signing for City. He was by far our best player that day, tho it was an appalling performance but he was clearly trying his hardest. He never went on strike to force a move, he never went to F1 instead of going to Arsenal games.

Don’t recall him wearing a City shirt when on international duty either.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice

I'm not knocking his career at Arsenal or even how he left from a football standpoint. It was hard to turn down an offer from Man City. I don't blame him even though it was hard to see a player Wenger moulded leave at pretty much the first opportunity.

It's the stuff he said about Arsenal fans 2 minutes after joining Man City that aggrieved me. He gives every impression of being a massive tool in general too.

He basically said is was good to be playing with a team with proper football fans. Imagine saying Man City had proper football fans in that era, or even now to be fair :lol:

Personally I've taken enjoyment seeing his football career go down the toilet in recent years.

Last edited:

Moah

Is that supposed to make us feel better about Arteta? Southampton were relegation candidates with terrible players. No way will it be acceptable if Arteta comes up with the same stat.

And more importantly Ralph did play dead football, he may have lost 9-0 but his football is better than this absolute mess.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Is that supposed to make us feel better about Arteta? Southampton were relegation candidates with terrible players. No way will it be acceptable if Arteta comes up with the same stat.

And more importantly Ralph did play dead football, he may have lost 9-0 but his football is better than this absolute mess.
More importantly Ralph has a history as a manager and done well in the past and proven himself. Arteta has done nothing to get the benefit of the doubt

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

You know how Özil was missing in games, not contributing in the general play. These players are the exact opposite. They always wanted the ball and love to have possession. These players are great 90mins every game whenever they have the ball. Özil? One “good” performance once in a while. And he is only good on the second that he make the assisting pass, contributing nothing in the general play for the other 89mins. Hleb, Nasri, cazorla make it as tricky and complicated as possible for the opponent, Özil tries to make his play simple and efficient.
Santi is one of the most talented players who played for us....god he was so beautiful on the ball

Top Bottom