• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

ArtetaOut definitely is an overreaction. He is still not a year in to the job. 11 months with so much happening and a stop start time with the players. People say we are going backwards with a better team this season. How is this team better? Only Gabriel is a positive so far. Partey was signed on deadline day giving no time to settle in and he played 2-3 matches and is now injured as well. Willian has not made this team better. Yes, he should be blamed for the Willian signing but this is no way a better team. Let us judge him at the end of the season. No challenge for top 4 + no europa + no fa cup and then we can discuss about him. I still have hope he will turn it around.
Judge him on what end of the season? He kept us up? If you think this will be accepted until end of the season you must be smoking some strong stuff. Every game is crisis and the football is disgusting. Only saving grace for him is no fan base

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Judge him on what end of the season? He kept us up? If you think this will be accepted until end of the season you must be smoking some strong stuff. Every game is crisis and the football is disgusting. Only saving grace for him is no fan base
Even with a new manager, we aren't going to miraculously settle in to new style and get top 4. I'm just saying give that time to Arteta.

Wryer

The footballing fairies has left, as expected. His relationship with the fans, as ex-captain, qw the ex-Guardiola and Wenger disciple, the FA Cup win, the general new-manage syndrome - were always to run out one day.

The time is now. I reckon he has another 3 games before the whole situation turns into a irreversible toxic mess. That's the crazy reality of football managers nowadays. You are only as good as your last game.

Really hoping he turns this around.

This is also typical Arsenal, our lows are always lower than the rest.

Last edited:

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Arteta has always spoke about attacking football. The realities of management are probably hitting him hard.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Even with a new manager, we aren't going to miraculously settle in to new style and get top 4. I'm just saying give that time to Arteta.

I’d agree with you if I could see that Arteta was responding to the issues presented by his reliance on positional play.

Teams are showing that all you need to do is put some runners in midfield and our static 2 man shield will be obliterated.

The annoying thing is he’ll go on to be a great manager, after having made and learned from all his mistakes with us.

He needs a number 2 who has managed at the highest level.

Jack Russell

Calling this an overreaction is nonsense. This is the worst I’ve seen us in the 23 years I’ve been supporting the club. Arteta had lost his peace be upon him status he’s fully open to criticism.
I don’t think it’s an overreaction either tbh. When you’re seeing signs of improvement fluidity wise, yet you’re still losing home games to glorified championship sides, you’re in a ****ing mess. What that tells you is there’s little rhyme or reason to results and we could just go losing no matter what positives we may be able to draw from the result. While this is happening, confidence ebbs away and players will start wanting to deflect criticism. It just snowballs. Only winning games will solve it, but right now, it’s hard to see how we can emerge from 90 minutes of football having scored more goals than the opposition.

Jack Russell

Complete idiots like Claude and Mr T have led a social media based fan revolt and panicked clueless American owners into making one stupid decision after another.
I find it fascinating that you need somebody to blame for Wenger being sacked, and pick out those two... It’s beyond funny and just fascinating now. And then there’s the fact that you are forgetting that you also wanted him gone which, irrespective of who you think helped push him out, is exactly what you’ve got.

Its exactly what you wanted, and got :lol:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It's also time for mikel to stop over thinking about stuff when he hired he done that basic and was unlucky in some games now he just seen so lost players lost confidence

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Good managers who can implement what they want and get their messages across in training shouldnt need to be barking orders all the time. Again I seen Willock looking towards the bench to see if he was being told to press or not.

Players are sick of the barking on the bench. Arteta is taking the fun out of the game. He is worse than Emery and he has lost the dressing room.

I think his decision to omit Özil has been a huge factor in them turning against him.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
He never turned this group into anything.

He had a free hit last season. 0 pressure. 0 expectation. He did OK in the league. He smashed and grabbed city in the semi final and he beat 10 men Chelsea in the final. He won a game against Liverpool who were not at their best in the league.

Start of this season. He brings in Willian who he really likes. Signs Gabriel. Gets Partey (why we waited to the 11th hour suggests he was not number 1 target).

However the team has gone backwards. And fast. How can you say hes implementing something when he doesnt know his best 11. When we dont create. When we arent good defensively.

Arteta was on the end of lady luck last season. This season lady luck has run out and hes being shown for what he is. A man learning on the job. Every single one of those players looks lost. That's on the manager.

Btw Emery finished 5th and a EL final with those players you mentioned. Artetas 14th. Emery was sacked this time last year in 8th position. I repeat Artetas 14th.

Lets just clear something up. Partey was always going to come, everything was in place to activate that release clause. But we also wanted Aouar, any deal for Partey would've hampered negotiations for Aouar given the price we were looking to do a deal at for Aouar.

I can't imagine you being a business man of any sort to be honest, so I understand you don't get it. But you don't hamper one deal by being impatient on another.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Lets just clear something up. Partey was always going to come, everything was in place to activate that release clause. But we also wanted Aouar, any deal for Partey would've hampered negotiations for Aouar given the price we were looking to do a deal at for Aouar.

I can't imagine you being a business man of any sort to be honest, so I understand you don't get it. But you don't hamper one deal by being impatient on another.

If your a good business man you know weeks before the deadline you cant get Aouar over the line. Hence you leave it and move on.

Again you only try to get personal with people and deviate from the actual points when you have no answers. Your immaturity is showing.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
No fans in stadium making things more comfertable for him and players they simply won't be that s**t.

He have until new year if neither of performance and results improve club won't wait much longer. We already lost helf of games in the league after just 10 games and we look worse each new game in league

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If your a good business man you know weeks before the deadline you cant get Aouar over the line. Hence you leave it and move on.

Again you only try to get personal with people and deviate from the actual points when you have no answers. Your immaturity is showing.

Simply not true. 4 weeks before the deadline if we offered what we eventually offered it would've been laughed at. But because it was so late in the day and we knew Lyon needed cash we almost got it done. Just agent fees were in the way of doing the deal and I'd refuse to pay £15M+ in agent fees for Aouar, that is ridiculous.

The club made all the right moves here. And in fact getting Partey in earlier didn't make a jot of difference because we got 9 out of a possible 12 points from those games before the window closed :lol::lol::lol: So I think you're making a completely irrelevant point.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

We've seen that he can implement what he wants, this is the problem. Not many managers would be able to go into training with Mustafi, Sok, Kolasinac, Xhaka, Laca and co still there and build something. I mean whats the point, Mikel may as well leave now if most of those names are going to be here next summer.
Xhaka aside none of them have had anything to do with recent results :lol:

Give Arteta 300 mil this summer, but if you can’t build an attack or a pattern of play with these man, then unless he stumbles upon genuine world class who can carry him and consistently make something out of thin air he’s always gonna be stuck.

At the minimum this squad is 8th best overall in the league if you want to be harsh and we’re not even showing that. Emery got 5th with the same squad minus Gabriel, Partey, Bellerin and Tierney.

Blame these players all you like but excuses are running out with each axed and marginalised player.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Xhaka aside none of them have had anything to do with recent results :lol:

Give Arteta 300 mil this summer, but if you can’t build an attack or a pattern of play with these man, then unless he stumbles upon genuine world class who can carry him then boi.

At the minimum this squad is 8th best in the league and we’re not even showing that. Emery got 5th with the same squad minus Gabriel, Partey, Bellerin and Tierney.

Blame these players all you like but excuses are running out with each axed and marginalised player.

3 points last night would've put us 6th, lets just put it into perspective.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Simply not true. 4 weeks before the deadline if we offered what we eventually offered it would've been laughed at. But because it was so late in the day and we knew Lyon needed cash we almost got it done. Just agent fees were in the way of doing the deal and I'd refuse to pay £15M+ in agent fees for Aouar, that is ridiculous.

The club made all the right moves here. And in fact getting Partey in earlier didn't make a jot of difference because we got 9 out of a possible 12 points from those games before the window closed :lol::lol::lol: So I think you're making a completely irrelevant point.

Again your immaturity shows again.

Bring Partey in earlier means you have more time to work on your team with him. More preparation time. Which long term can help. Theres a bigger picture that you never seem to be able to see.

Latest posts

Top Bottom