• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Malky

Established Member
People saying the talk of Arteta being sacked is premature, but if things go very wrong on Sunday, and we are on the end of an embarrassment from Sp**s then that could be the turning point for a lot of the fan base. Plus, to make it worse, Palace will likely beat West Brom and if Brighton beat Southampton we'll find ourselves in 16th this time next week.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I agree with this.
I was watching the West Ham - Villa game last night, and although they're smaller teams than us, you have to admire the way Villa were playing with commitment and going all in in search for the equaliser.
In the end, they were very unlucky by hitting the crossbar on their penalty and then getting a goal disallowed after a ridiculous VAR decision.

They lost the game, but they must have felt proud of their performance and how they got West Ham against the wall.

It reminded me that it's been a long time when Arsenal didn't have such an experience, i.e. even if you lose or draw a match, you are happy with the performance you showed, the way you played and in the end it was just luck wasn't on your side.

On all the recent losses, we definitely deserved to lose and even the draw at Leeds, we were very lucky to get away with a point, as we didn't deserve anything. Leeds were superior to us and had us on the ropes.

Everything's gone downhill since Partey has been out the side though. Excellent performances against Leicester and United, sadly got robbed against Leicester. Partey came off against villa and we capitulated in that second half.

Too many players are way too comfortable here.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Too many players are way too comfortable here.

This is the main issue with our squad generally.

Too many of our players have settled for a comfortable little career at Arsenal. There's not much pressure or expectation to win things here compared to top teams, you get good wages and a nice lifestyle in London. They'll generally do what they're told but they'll crumble the moment our backs are against the wall and they certainly won't go over and above for the club. Plenty of them aren't bothered about getting a game either they'll happily run down their contracts.

Going forwards hunger and mentality needs to be one the first boxes being ticked when it comes to new recruits, maybe even above ability.

Last edited:

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
Been complaining about this for years. For me this has been at the heart of the problem and the inconsistency at this club. The players both individually and collectively just do not show enough passion, determination and desire to bring the club success. Last night was the latest example. 10 minutes in and you could clearly see the Wolves players were far more hungry and up for it.

Unai Emery said:
In England that identification with your team brings the game alive. It’s deeper there, like a church. I was born in San Sebastián and my team is Real Sociedad. That feeling is in my heart and that’s what you find in England. It’s marvellous, the loveliest thing there is.
Most of the players we have now, and that we bought for the last 10 years, have no identification with The Arsenal.
They can't believe in anything, because "arsenal" is just an employer, and all the people in that business, from Kroenke through all the agents and heads of recruitment, etc., had no spiritual attachment to The Arsenal and that was clear for all to see, and won't be changing any time soon.
Kroenke is a maggot. With a maggot at the helm we are going no-where.

The passion, the love, the desire...all missing.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
Analysing heat maps and pass maps and such is pointless because all our issues stem from a lack of confidence and poor mentality throughout the squad, and when it’s like that, it affects everything and everyone.

We have too many players who don’t care. Start with captain Auba,
I would start right at the top.
kroenke doesn't care.
No-one cares anymore.
From the owner through the Board, to the players and then down to the fans...

The passion, the desire, the commitment...it's non-existent

Everyone in their own little bubble, counting their pieces of silver, remembering past glories...

Here and now boys, here and now!

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I'm not Arteta out (yet) but it's incredible that people are pinning this on the players alone.

It's not like we don't have a 30m cb prospect playing u23 football or a hot headed midfielder who had to be loaned out or a 350k a week creative player that, while completely not worth the money he's on, could maybe offer something from the bench at home games when we struggle to create a single chance per game.

Leeds and Westham do not have better overall squads than us.

It starts and stops with the manager at the end of the day.
I’ve been beating this drum for a while. There’s enough there so pinning this solely on the players is borderline pathetic.

I’m not even Arteta Out but the shills and his backers don’t do him any favours. This is what he gets paid for, he should try his best to fix it.

Losing all matches in dreadful fashion until the next transfer window is b*llshit and we all know it.

Jack Russell

I’ve been beating this drum for a while. There’s enough there so pinning this solely on the players is borderline pathetic.

I’m not even Arteta Out but the shills and his backers don’t do him any favours. This is what he gets paid for, he should try his best to fix it.

Losing all matches in dreadful fashion until the next transfer window is b*llshit and we all know it.
What’s the difference between someone who isn’t ‘Arteta out’, like yourself, and a ‘shill’ or ‘backer’? Is anyone who still backs him, a shill?

I’m saying this because even his biggest supporters on here have all been critical of him.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Thought all but a few players phoned it in last days of Emery now they just look devoid of confidence to me.

Shame players like Ramsey & Douzi are gone that always give the same level + dont hide. For all the **** Douzi got from Arteta he was one of the few that put in the effort when players gave up.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

What’s the difference between someone who isn’t ‘Arteta out’, like yourself, and a ‘shill’ or ‘backer’? Is anyone who still backs him, a shill?
Someone like myself wants Arteta to succeed, recognises his strengths but also recognises he's blatantly got some stuff wrong. He's not my kind of manager at all, but firing yet another manager within 6 months of football is embarrassing. The problems are bigger than Arteta anyways.

The shills are people in the media who completely sh*tted on Wenger and Emery but want to pretend Arteta is some kind of Messiah and barely utter any criticism his way.

The backers, there's nothing wrong if you're fond of Arteta, but the excuses and blaming the players etc I am not a fan of.

People would have you believe Aubameyang is this terrible footballer to further their Arteta narratve for example when he's done well his whole career up to this point. I could go on and on tbh.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

A lot of gun jumping thinking he will be sacked. If its the same this time next year maybe but we are still a team in transition. We've players on big wages we need to move on and duds clogging up space.

Xhaka, Mustafi, Sokratis, Chambers, Kolasanic, Lacazette, Özil - that's nearly a starting XI that most want to see moved on. Draining huge resources and overseas spots. Until they go we will always be somewhat limited. That's around 1m per week in wages that we would be better off not paying. 52m a year.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
So now it’s because of the players mentality? I guess all other teams care more and have better winning mentality than them, despite this squad actually winning something a few months ago and most of the others being nowhere near lol..

Only loss you can say was because of the effort of the players is Villa home, the rest the problems clearly was something else.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
That's what happens when you get false hopes based on no evidence.

People expecting him to be some kind of new Guardiola just because they worked together.

People forgot how big of a job it was to rebuild this arsenal side and were laughing at experienced managers who were supposed to be "washed". :lol:

Imo Mikel is starting to lose the dressing room. You can't expect players to be happy or fully committed when you shut down the likes of Özil and Sokratis (who're still at the club) or guendouzi after this story.

Either you get rid of them permanently by selling them either you put them in the group and play them.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I don't think it's unfair to level some criticism at the players along with Arteta.

If we sacked Arteta tomorrow and got a new manager in there'd be a shake up, players would perform better for 3-6 months or so within whatever system the new manager implemented. After that the players would start getting complacent again and results would go downhill.

Not everything can be on the manager. Tactics are important and Arteta's got them wrong too often recently so I'm not absolving him of blame. But there's no excuse that we lost nearly every 50/50 challenge vs Wolves. That's not down to tactics, that's weak individual mentalities. It's not like that's a one off either, it happens all the time.

How many players in our squad look like they really care when we lose? I'm not talking virtue signalling social media posts after games. I'm talking passion, grit and fight on the pitch. You could probably count them on one hand. It's just not good enough.

Last edited:
Top Bottom