• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Available, speaks English well, Cheap, Willing to toe the line, and a popular choice to media and fans with his Wenger and Pep links. That's what they saw as special about him.
I would agree. The FA Cup win against the odds and getting certain star players on side made him certified really.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The only thing that'll win fans over is good performances and more importantly good results, everything else is just noise. If you're losing and performing badly I don't think any amount of meetings or finger pointing will appease fans. If it's obvious we're going in the right direction then the majority will back the process, at the moment with the way things are going it's becoming less obvious that we're progressing toward something great. We have to show over the coming weeks that we're going somewhere. It's not complicated. The more things continue to more resentment from the fanbase and the less supportive they'll be. A few positive performances and some good results and the pressure will ease a bit.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

As long as the squad is visibly trying Arteta is fine tbh.
He’s not invincible though, we’ve sacked way superior managers.

Bergkamp1988

To be fair, the club have been saying this sort of thing from pretty much day one.

You don't appoint a rookie manager unless you really think he's got something special about him. A bad 2 months isn't going to fundamentally change anything.

It's obvious the board rate him much more highly than Unai, when you look at the power he's been allowed to accrue behind the scenes. Arteta is here for the long haul barring a total capitulation. I think people just need to accept that.

That sounds like a good assessment of the situation.

If that is the case then :

1. The Borad better give Arteta some serious spending money in January. Literally "put your money where your mouth is"

2. Arteta better get his **** together quick once he gets the recruits that will allegedly allow him his philosophy / style... Of which we haven't seen much except when playing real life farmers (e.g last thursday)

Macho

Dusted 🔻

1. The Borad better give Arteta some serious spending money in January. Literally "put your money where your mouth is"
Do we actually want to give Arteta that kinda of money though? I'd have reservations.

The way the club identifies targets is off key.
Arteta's man management particularly with creative/attacking players is off key.

He needs to work with what he's got this season and prove he is capable tbh. I'd have liked to have seen how he would have been with Aouar.

Last edited:

Preacher

Always Crying
If our attacking football would be as good as Arteta's PR machine, we would score at least two goals in every game:lol:

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
That sounds like a good assessment of the situation.

If that is the case then :

2. Arteta better get his **** together quick once he gets the recruits that will allegedly allow him his philosophy / style... Of which we haven't seen much except when playing real life farmers (e.g last thursday)

I'd like to see him get the best of what he's got before I give him any more money.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
If we sacked arteta tomorrow and got Poch in, after 10-15 games of doing bad before next summers window people would realise its a huge squad problem.
You didn't think there was a squad problem when the season started in September:
  • Two new CB's isnt wrong
  • Tierney for a full season instead of Kola and allowing Saka to permanently play higher up is also huge
  • Ceballos under Arteta is a different man, same with Xhaka.
  • Pepe was starting to gain real confidence towards the end of the season and like Lilles president said, hes a second season man.
  • Lacazette cannot be worse than last season
  • Auba is staying
  • Willian is a brilliant signing for more creativity
You cant really say anything negative to these points. Currently the players we have under Arteta should be able to get 6th or 5th.

With Partey, who is an instant impact signing we push for top 4. With Partey AND Aouar we have a top 4 worthy squad.

What more would you want? After signing the two midfielders its difficult to find anything better than we have except maybe finding a Laca replacement.
If we had Arteta for the whole of that season it's likely we'd have finished in the top 4. 66 points for third place is poverty.

Chelsea should be nailed on for third with their new signings but it doesn't work like that, might take a full season for them to gel properly.

There's a lot of ifs and buts. But like I just asked the other kid, what else would you want to get top 4?

Is Arteta with two new CB's and two new midfielders IF we get them not enough? Not saying we can get top 4 with this current mid because we cant. But with two additions we absolutely can. We have the fire power and we have fantastic wide players in all areas.
What a window boys. Willian, Gabriel and Partey as permanent transfers.

Gotta be a 8/10 window for what we needed. But the quality that we signed is beyond what anyone expected for a team that finished 8th.

We shot for the stars with Aouar and it didn't come off. What we do know is the board will back this manager so let's back this football club.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You didn't think there was a squad problem when the season started in September:

I clearly said multiple times the squad is only good enough to get us 5th or 6th? I still believe we will finish around there this season. 28 games left...

But for Arsenal to simply have a squad that's only worthy of 6th or 5th at best shows there is still a clear squad problem, no?

Nice try though ;) I'm not as easy to get as @GDeep™ he has more flip flop than Ghandi, looks similar as well. Whereas I often stick to what I believe in and say.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
That's only because it's obvious now. Even I felt decent about our squad coming into the season but it's clear to me our squad is absolute ****, especially if you consider the direction that Arteta wants to go.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
This whole Arteta is a stooge, yes man for the board makes no sense whatsoever.

It's people who are obsessed with the idea that it was the board who stopped Arteta from picking Özil in the squad that are pushing this. There's zero actual evidence for that being the case. They just need to believe that Arteta is a stooge for their conspiracy theory.

Go look back at the summer transfer thread, people were creaming themselves over the things Arteta was saying publicly about needing players and putting pressure on the board.

If Arteta is a stooge for the board, god knows what Wenger was by this metric.

Arteta is simultaneously an authoritarian task masker and a spineless stooge in these peoples eyes. Makes zero sense.

Last edited:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I clearly said multiple times the squad is only good enough to get us 5th or 6th? I still believe we will finish around there this season. 28 games left...

But for Arsenal to simply have a squad that's only worthy of 6th or 5th at best shows there is still a clear squad problem, no?

Nice try though ;) I'm not as easy to get as @GDeep™ he has more flip flop than Ghandi, looks similar as well. Whereas I often stick to what I believe in and say.
That's only because it's obvious now. Even I felt decent about our squad coming into the season but it's clear to me our squad is absolute ****, especially if you consider the direction that Arteta wants to go.
The squad isn't perfect, but they should be doing better than managing 10 shots on target against Leicester/Villa/Leeds/Wolves. It's not good enough to be completely toothless against those sides while the likes of Southampton and Brighton score numerous times against them.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

The squad isn't perfect, but they should be doing better than managing 10 shots on target against Leicester/Villa/Leeds/Wolves. It's not good enough to be completely toothless against those sides while the likes of Southampton and Brighton score numerous times against them.
It's blatantly a 6th placed squad at best, but why can't people understand we should at least be better than Brighton or Southampton with this squad?

We are in transition, I think we need patience with Arteta. I didn't have it for Emery and that is a shame, but I did try a few times to say that Emery should get more time, it was in between when I was hating him of course but IMO at one point in our transition period we need to swallow the cum and just stick with the manager for a couple of years and let the dust settle.

I think we stick with Arteta for some time now, let him settle, and see if he can then move us forward or if we need to change up. I think it's too early to be taking shots, the squad is a long way off. For example, we had many unwanted players at the club this summer that we just couldn't get rid of. I think we will see a lot of transition in the next transfer windows! And I still have faith that Arteta will keep improving as a manager!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You said we can push for 4th with the squad we have.

Now you’re saying we need a squad overhaul?

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Part of that is the direction Arteta is trying to take us though. Our attacking options are piss poor. A lot of those teams you mentioned can be argued to have better attacks and attacking players than us. Thank god Arteta has shored up the defense first. Can you imagine playing against those same teams under Emery?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Part of that is the direction Arteta is trying to take us though. Our attacking options are piss poor. A lot of those teams you mentioned can be argued to have better attacks and attacking players than us. Thank god Arteta has shored up the defense first. Can you imagine playing against those same teams under Emery?
Emery’s best performance can against Leicester at home :lol: he also beat Villa with 10 men.

And yeah he has shored up the defence but Villa win 3-0 and Leeds ought to have scored one of their many chances.

I can’t accept that the attacking options are piss poor either, Pepe was highly rated around Europe, Saka is one of the best youngsters too and Auba won the Golden Boot under Emery.

Latest posts

Top Bottom