Mikel Arteta: Serial Trophy Winner?

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by OnlyOne, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Like I said the manner of the defeats to city and then of course to Brighton could have taken its toll but we've responded in the perfect way. 2 games where we had to dig in deep and then today we managed to play with a bit more freedom without the handbrake and as a result we won emphatically. Now it's about the momentum being kept going.

2. Sanchez11's ghost

Sanchez11's ghost Superior Journalist To Charles Watts

Got it right today took the weak links off!

3. boonthegoon

boonthegoon Well-Known Member

4. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Tier 1 Height

Wonder what it is?

5. Lady_Gooner

Lady_Gooner That's Mrs. Ramsey to you buster!

Liking your manager is very stressful. I feel so worried for him all the time...
    I feel like our clean sheet record since he took over must be quite good ?

Riou likes this.
  6. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

One thing I’ve noticed in the last three games is the amount of runs our players are making in behind, be in the full backs or forwards. We look a lot deadlier now and the likes of Xhaka and Ceballos have the quality to pick these players out.

Encouraging signs.

asukru, DanDare and Tir Na Nog like this.
  7. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

I think when Laca is gone and the bad influence and gas inhaling wont affect the younger players anymore we will start to see more focus and better stamina with the squad!

OnlyOne likes this.
  8. Brett

Brett Active Member

He's talking about Mustafi that's why he was substituted.

lomekian likes this.
  9. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

10. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Emery's bum sniffers in shambles. :rofl::lol:

Artisan, kash2, dka91 and 2 others like this.
  11. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Nah **** me Emery was horrendous. :lol:

What's even funnier is that Emery is a far bigger pragmatist than Arteta (although he's shown a more pragmatic side recently). Emery is just a down right awful coach.

12. Barney Gumble

Barney Gumble Member

That's abysmal from Emery. How can anyone seriously say he hasn't improved us? To think the man's never managed before and inherited the absolute worst season in over 2 decades to boot. Really impressive stuff and it makes me glad we have him.

13. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Emery was a bad coach for Arsenal, not a bad coach in general.

Blaziken, Mrs Bergkamp, Aevi and 10 others like this.
  14. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

Emery seemed like he was always so concerned with the trees but did little to help the forrest. So much attention to detail but couldn't bring it all together for whatever reason.

Aevi, lomekian, dka91 and 3 others like this.
  15. Wiltord's left boot

Wiltord's left boot Well-Known Member

Although Arteta is being more pragmatic recently, I feel the main difference between him and Emery is that we are now concentrating on building a style and trying to impose it on our opponents.

Under Emery it was pragmatic to the point where it started to have an effect on our mentality.

I remember when Robbie Fowler was being interviewed about playing under Gerard Houlier at Liverpool. He basically said that the players had received so much detail about the opposition that by the time match day came around they were scared of them.

Fans moaned about Arsène not changing style and being pragmatic but many players said that he gave them unbelievable belief. I can see similarities with Arteta. Things looking up at last. Roll on Wolves!

Mrs Bergkamp, Aevi and MutableEarth like this.
  16. Barney Gumble

Barney Gumble Member

100%. He's a good coach and more importantly, he's a good man. But he wasn't cut to deal with the pressure of our situation and his struggle with English really did him in. I have no doubt he'll excel at the Sevilla level again in Spain but he'll never cut it with us.

lomekian and Riou like this.
  17. Jasard

Jasard Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Emery gave us Saka, I keep reminding myself of that to make me feel better

18. Erlis

Erlis Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

So far so good.

19. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

credit to tactics for that.
    will be interesting, and tricky, against teams with quality numbers in the midfield

Taylor Gang Gunners likes this.
  20. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

Sakas parents gave us Saka, Emery just played a clearly very talented youngster

It's in the job description at Arsenal

Artisan, krengon, Jasard and 6 others like this.