<

Mikel Arteta: Serial Trophy Winning MANAGER

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by OnlyOne, Dec 20, 2019.

1. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

You call it hate. I call it tough love!

Are we still in for a dinner tonight at the Ledbury?

KrissKringle likes this.
  2. Jimmy282304

Jimmy282304 Member

Wouldn't be surprised if the players already lost respect for him. He had no business getting involved in the paycut talks, he just ended up being a pawn for the board

truth_hurts and krengon like this.
  3. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

Not sure they lost respect for him but that's a good point, he really shouldn't have been put in that position.

4. GunnerShy

GunnerShy Well-Known Member

Be a bit rich for the players to lose respect for him after the season they're having.

5. EmeryCouldnt

EmeryCouldnt Well-Known Member

In the past, ive given Henderson a lot of flack, but he’s matured into a decent engine midfielder. He’s not anything special, but he is mature and he works hard. Two traits that none of our players have now.

GeorgiaGunner, yorch44 and Makingtrax like this.
  6. EmeryCouldnt

EmeryCouldnt Well-Known Member

It’s not going to help things to chase Arteta away at this point. It’s clearly not his fault and I’m sure his brain is working overtime to try to fix things.

Lets not turn on him and take it out on him like we did our last two managers. Not until we’ve given him a proper shot. Let’s not forget this is still his first season with us. Give him one full season before being assholes.

#254 Well-Known Member

I am in support of giving him more time but it would definitely be a fallacy to exempt him from any faults. He is supposed to pick the best team and motivate the players he's got and we haven't seen him do that at all! He has also made wrong in-game decisions in over 70% of the matches we've played which is a bit alarming for me.
    In comparison to Lampard who is also young and just slightly experienced, you could definitely see his in-game management is miles short.

I just pray that Arteta didn't somehow take on Wenger's stubbornness cause it's certainly a recipe for disaster.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    Squillaci, Tourbillion and yorch44 like this.
  8. yorch44

yorch44 Well-Known Member

He does what Coq did but he is capable of passing the ball. Sometimes you don't require much more than that. But even if we had one player like him it would be usells if he is paired with Douzy or any other who cannot even move without the ball.

9. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

I've calmed down since Saturday.

#Art-****-aOut

10. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

#254 Well-Known Member

I remember when everyone, well almost everyone called for Kloop and the board didn't seem interested at all. That lack of proper decision making sickness that will crumble this club completely someday.

yorch44 likes this.
  12. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

Bro I said it from the start that he was in over his head with this job, everyone again gave me stick for this.

Sanchez11 and Ashybashy86 like this.
  13. Dutch D

Dutch D Well-Known Member

I'm giving Arteta a pass on this season. Impossible to work with this miserable bunch. Hope he gets backing in the summer and curious to see what next season will bring.

Unfortunately, we still have to finish the current season and try to at least get Europa League. Fear this will be a bridge too far already.

He has made some choices that perplexed me though, will be curious to see how he continues (like subbing attackers in the 85th minute when our midfield had been dreadful the entire game).

SA Gunner and jato like this.
  14. jato

jato Member

Arteta is the last of the worries of this club. Players, exec team, ownership, Kia slowly embedding himself in, no proper board member with football experience, no one overseeing Raul, recruitment processes, financial issues etc.

Arteta's substitutions are odd. It's like he brings on subs just to let others get minutes rather than subs to effect the outcome of the game.

He really needs to bring out the Leeds FA cup hairdryer treatment more often.

15. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

Half a million deaths and global economic meltdown .... its been a bit of an issue for a for a fair few people TBH!!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    say yes likes this.
  16. say yes

say yes To Sweet Soulful Vinai

I think that goes without saying.

freeglennhelder2 likes this.
  17. Monstar-Gunn4r

Monstar-Gunn4r Well-Known Member

I think he'll develop a good team in the next few years if the idiots at the top dont mess up everything. Give him a proper centreback, a proper midfielder and keep Saka he'll have something to build on. Hes hamstrung by his players and doesnt have a Ramsey or Koscielny to save the day like Emery did.

18. scytheavatar

scytheavatar Well-Known Member

Let's get real, what other option does he have? Who does he have on the bench that can improve our midfield?

19. GunnerShy

GunnerShy Well-Known Member

With cinemas opening July 4th I think it's increasingly likely we will get some sort of crowds for at least some of next season.

I'd be really disappointed if we aren't after Partey and more this season. Could he one of a few times where there's value in the market.

20. MikelHadADream

MikelHadADream Well-Known Member

Arteta should be judged at the end of next season. It's all doom and gloom at the minute, but in football it's said you should never too optimistic or pessimistic about a situation. Yes we are currently a long way off, but next season should be seen as a big opportunity for the club.

No European games means Arteta will get a week at a time to prepare for games, which is a big advantage in the PL. We've seen how this has benefited Chelsea and Leicester in recent years.

Of course the club has to get the recruitment right, but no Europe also means we can have a much smaller squad. This should give the board the green light to start a fire sale and flog a lot of the ****, and focus on quality rather than quantity. If the club can do this, and manage to sign a first team CB/DM/AM/FWD, then Mikel should have tools at his disposal to get top 4 IMO.