<

Mikel Arteta: Serial Trophy Winning MANAGER

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by OnlyOne, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Football Manager

Football Manager Copy & Paste Merchant

Did you read through the argument of me and that person in recent pages (from p.411)?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  2. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne Wenger once said "I will miss you"

WTF. We're supposed to be celebrating Arteta's great win today. And there's another two pages of nonsense about Wenger sending players out to do what they want.

Ffs enough!! :facepalm:

3. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

You should probably copy and paste it for him just in case.

4. krackpot

krackpot Established Member

That's not details. That is over-analysis.

You want to see where it began? Here it is, with the Dutch national team:

This is where you get your Klopp-ball and Pep-ball. It's more or less the same tactics with different players, and better positioning.

If, with all that money and technology, Pep wouldn't have made some progress, then heaven help them. I'm not against Pep or Klopp winning anything but they did it with a lot of money.

Pep Bought in about 360M worth of players. Klopp was basically doing top-4 until he chanced upon Salah/Mane. Then he spent a lot of money on the GK and that defender.

Wenger got a horrible ethic, and he changed the whole philosophy of the club from the inside-out. Drinking problems, ugly football, dire training, you name it...Arteta got a broken club and he had to bring the confidence back. He has kept the same players too, like papa Wenger.

If Arteta does anything good next season, I am SURE Barcelona or some Spanish team will get him.

Makingtrax and Football Manager like this.
  5. Football Manager

Football Manager Copy & Paste Merchant

The general principles and philosophy is from that. I agree the general layout of the team tactics is from previous eras, nothing new. And I never said they are new.

But I’m talking about the tonnes of detailed individual player’s instructions that we have today. Breaking down the above principles into 100 smaller instructions, to let players to follow. Divide an aim into 10 objectives. Divide a game into multiple sub-games. The overall principles are the same, how you execute it is different.

In today’s football we are not just telling the players to play by the general principles. But how in every small steps you do to achieve this principles. We are more methodic, by pre-setting instructions to make the achievement of those principles more efficient.

“You must follow these 1)2)3)....10) steps to achieve the 1st principle. And you have a total of 50 steps to follow, for a total of 5 principles”. This is the modern approach. This is what I mean by today’s tactics are all well calculated. If all your opponents breaks down tactics and do all these calculations and you don’t, you will be tactically outclassed.

The above is different to : “here is my 5 general principles and you have the freedom to do what you like as long as you follow these principles.” This was the wenger approach, and the truth is no one will ever do this in the future.

And for the second bold paragraph, Wenger was no doubt top class with those things along with his vision in football. He brings a great culture to us and bring our club forward. Amazing achievement. His man management was top class. His tactics was also good enough for the old eras. Sad that modern tactics has evolved and he couldn’t keep up.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    krackpot likes this.
  6. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

7. Jasard

Jasard Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Football fandom has changed a lot. People used to bond over cup wins, bit different over the internet now where everyone has to have an edgy opinion to try and standout.

8. Gegen Pressing

Gegen Pressing Well-Known Member

Mikel delivers and I rise to the occasion to thank this rare breed of men.
    No drama no fuss no bs, just
    trophies, sealed and delivered.

9. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One

Had to mute it because of sweet ****ing caroline. Arteta really needs to do something about that.

grange, Camron and Makingtrax like this.
  10. Lady_Gooner

Lady_Gooner That's Mrs. Ramsey to you buster!

Winning the FA Cup as his first trophy just makes too much sense. Wenger’s son for real!

11. Gegen Pressing

Gegen Pressing Well-Known Member

Don't go there. Barca DNA
    is overrated ( Bellerin)

krackpot likes this.
  12. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne Wenger once said "I will miss you"

Football songs are meant to be cheesy though, Wolves 'Hi ho Silver Lining', West Ham 'Bubbles' etc

13. Taneruit

Taneruit Well-Known Member

14. Kysus

Kysus Well-Known Member

What annoyed me really badly was how Rio, Van Persie and CO had nothing else to do then talk about Auba possibly leaving.
    After just winning a final with the whole team celebrating that's what you talk about for 10 minutes? GTFO

Makingtrax, <<reed>> and grange like this.
  15. Camron

Camron Established Member

Wasn’t a fan of it as well but somehow starting to take a liking to it. I guess the fact we play it after we win stuff has had a Pavlovian effect on me.

Any suggestions for what we should have for a song? Anything iconic that truly resembles the club?

16. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

What do you expect from a bunch of United players? Have to distract from their club not winning anything in years

17. Let's play Aubamawang

Let's play Aubamawang Well-Known Member

Really nice to see him consoling Azpilicueta. Just makes you love and respect the guy even more.

18. grange

grange Well-Known Member

3 of my favorite teams (THREE!!) play the damn song at their stadiums. It drives me insane. (Arsenal, Red Sox, and Penn State University)

El Duderino likes this.
  19. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

Esweet, Esweet Caroline.

American_Gooner likes this.
  20. squallman

squallman Still Pining for Wenger

https://arseblog.news/2020/07/arteta-conversations-with-Arsène-wenger-help-me-feel-calm/

Brings a tear to my eye.

Makingtrax and TromsoGooner like this.