• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Arteta is a very smart and hardworking person. In just three and a half year, he had already picked up all the tactical knowledge and football analytical skills from pep.

I’m glad to see that we enter the match with a clear game plan, and our players are well instructed on how to execute it. Let me discuss on what differences Arteta brings to our team.

In the FA cup final, we mainly attack in two ways.

1) If we are near our own box, we play from the back. Our CBs Luiz and Holding would spread wide. Our GK Martinez is an extra passing option. Our CB Tierney would shift to the LB position. The LB Niles would then tuck in as an extra CM. This created an overload on the left side. We would also have both CMs Xhaka and Ceballos dropping deep to provide more passing options. If needed, pepe would shift centrally and Laca would drop deep. To get more bodies in the middle, making the left overload more effective. If the opponent commit players high up to lessened the effect of the left overload, auba, despite on the left, will have plenty of space to run into, running towards the central area.

This is a huge improvement on what Emery was trying to do. Emery demand our players to play from the back too, but he never informed the players detail enough on their positioning/movement to achieve this, so we either made mistakes or forced to go long. So huge credit to Arteta for making the improvement on this. Our players movements are very disciplined, but a lot more flexible/less rigid than the emery’s system.

2) If we have the ball near the midfield line. Auba would take a more central role. Niles will occupy the LW position. And Tierney would be occupying the LB position. Again, to create overload on the left.

These different ways of attacking is there to confuse the opponent full backs. I can’t wait to see which players Arteta would bring in, to see what more different ways he can play. Because at the moment, our attack is still quite one dimensional due to players’ ability limitations.

Another credit to Arteta is that he plays to our players’ strengths. He uses a deeper defensive line, because we do not have the quickest defenders. If we plays a high line like emery did, the opponent could easily exploit the space behind in transition. (emery wants our team to be vertically compact, which if our front line press high, our defensive line would shift high to follow, which is why we lost a lot of goals in counter attack)(Arteta employs a high press, but a lower defensive line, this approach would give up spaces in the midfield if our press is not execute correctly by all our attackers, which resulted in the pulisic goal (to me this is an individual player’s error more than a tactical one. ceballos commit himself up to the press when auba didn’t)(and also, if you watched the replay, tactically speaking, we had enough numbers in our own box to stop the Chelsea goal). This Arteta’s system shuts down lots of opponent’s counter attacking opportunities, because it allows us to get back to our defensive shape much quicker.

And I haven’t mentioned how organised our press are executed for most of the time (except in one or two situations when our players didn’t fully follow the press, but I’m sure Arteta would work more on this in training).

Arteta has improved us a lot in a tactical standpoint, I am glad that Arsenal is lead by an amazing tactician. Don’t understand why someone can still post hateful comments on Arteta, that person is probably a fangirl of emery.

give it a rest Unai ...typing yards of boring analysis wont bring your reputation back.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Maestro ... keep your gutter mind out of my posts.
So who's the 'gutter mind?' :lol:
You're the one who replied me, I didn't reply you.

Such a *****. I almost pity you being that you follow Özil like lost puppy. Hopefully, one day you will find your purpose in life

kash2

So who's the 'gutter mind?' :lol:
You're the one who replied me, I didn't reply you.

Such a *****. I almost feel pity for being that you follow Özil like lost puppy. Hopefully, one day you will find your purpose in life
better follow Özil than jury ....you are so funny

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
give it a rest Unai ...typing yards of boring analysis wont bring your reputation back.
You are so funny. If your small brain is capable to read through my post again, you actually see how much I praised Arteta and criticised emery:
Arteta is a very smart and hardworking person. In just three and a half year, he had already picked up all the tactical knowledge and football analytical skills from pep.

I’m glad to see that we enter the match with a clear game plan, and our players are well instructed on how to execute it. Let me discuss on what differences Arteta brings to our team.

In the FA cup final, we mainly attack in two ways.

1) If we are near our own box, we play from the back. Our CBs Luiz and Holding would spread wide. Our GK Martinez is an extra passing option. Our CB Tierney would shift to the LB position. The LB Niles would then tuck in as an extra CM. This created an overload on the left side. We would also have both CMs Xhaka and Ceballos dropping deep to provide more passing options. If needed, pepe would shift centrally and Laca would drop deep. To get more bodies in the middle, making the left overload more effective. If the opponent commit players high up to lessened the effect of the left overload, auba, despite on the left, will have plenty of space to run into, running towards the central area.

This is a huge improvement on what Emery was trying to do. Emery demand our players to play from the back too, but he never informed the players detail enough on their positioning/movement to achieve this, so we either made mistakes or forced to go long. So huge credit to Arteta for making the improvement on this. Our players movements are very disciplined, but a lot more flexible/less rigid than the emery’s system.

2) If we have the ball near the midfield line. Auba would take a more central role. Niles will occupy the LW position. And Tierney would be occupying the LB position. Again, to create overload on the left.

These different ways of attacking is there to confuse the opponent full backs. I can’t wait to see which players Arteta would bring in, to see what more different ways he can play. Because at the moment, our attack is still quite one dimensional due to players’ ability limitations.

Another credit to Arteta is that he plays to our players’ strengths. He uses a deeper defensive line, because we do not have the quickest defenders. If we plays a high line like emery did, the opponent could easily exploit the space behind in transition. (emery wants our team to be vertically compact, which if our front line press high, our defensive line would shift high to follow, which is why we lost a lot of goals in counter attack)(Arteta employs a high press, but a lower defensive line, this approach would give up spaces in the midfield if our press is not execute correctly by all our attackers, which resulted in the pulisic goal (to me this is an individual player’s error more than a tactical one. ceballos commit himself up to the press when auba didn’t)(and also, if you watched the replay, tactically speaking, we had enough numbers in our own box to stop the Chelsea goal). This Arteta’s system shuts down lots of opponent’s counter attacking opportunities, because it allows us to get back to our defensive shape much quicker.

And I haven’t mentioned how organised our press are executed for most of the time (except in one or two situations when our players didn’t fully follow the press, but I’m sure Arteta would work more on this in training).

Arteta has improved us a lot in a tactical standpoint, I am glad that Arsenal is lead by an amazing tactician. Don’t understand why someone can still post hateful comments on Arteta, that person is probably a fangirl of emery.
You seems like an Arteta hater trying to stop me from praising Arteta. And are you protecting emery by stopping me to criticise him?

kash2

You are so funny. If your small brain is capable to read through my post again, you actually see how much I praised Arteta and criticised emery:

You seems like an Arteta hater trying to stop me from praising Arteta. And are you protecting emery by stopping me to criticise him?

wallah

Godwin1

Very well-known
similar but to a lesser degree. Wenger got 5th place by a point behind 4th and whupped Conte in the FA cup final...and thats considered a sackable offence.

Its just a funny insight into mob/herd mentality.
Lets wait until Arteta has a full season in charge shall we...

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
How reliable are the The Athletic when it comes to Arsenal? They have a lot of pro Arteta propaganda these days and I know Ornstein writes for them but what’s their track record on Arsenal?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Very weird and bias tbh. They have designated writers for each club though and I am not sure how they are selected.

If you have read all their pieces you'd think we had a great season. I subscribed because they are often touted as industry leaders in sports/football writing but I don't see it.

They do get the odd insight that I do not see anywhere else though. The aubameyang article and some other notable ones revealed and confirmed some very interesting things.

CanadianGooner1608

Watching the feud that started in the last couple pages, the tagline from Alien vs Predator popped into my mind: "whoever wins, we lose".

Onto Arteta, since I didn't comment in a while on here: I am delighted, and happy to admit I was wrong. I believe I backed Allegri when Emery was sacked, but hindsight being 20/20, I sincerely believe we appointed the right man.

Another trophy in our worst season in 25 years, still nothing for the "best Sp**s team in 20 years". Levels.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
I don't get how you guys still deny Sp**s are bigger than us with more fans and more top 4 trophies in the last 5 years.

Or that's what French Wenger the failure would say. Arteta the Chad honorary Englishman knows we have more trophies.

kash2

I don't get how you guys still deny Sp**s are bigger than us with more fans and more top 4 trophies in the last 5 years.

Or that's what French Wenger the failure would say. Arteta the Chad honorary Englishman knows we have more trophies.

man we had 22 consecutive St. Totteringham days ..... seems like a dream now.

GDeep™

League is very weak
One of the best ‘coaches’ in the league. Watched the FA Cup final again this morning, and he totally out coached Lampard. Bodes well for the future as long as we can provide him with the ammunition.

Right now I’ll say top 6 is guaranteed for next season, with us and Sp**s battling for 5/6.

kash2

i wonder how the "true fans" feel now with this covid thing. There used to be quite a bit of pride about being able to attend games and a bit of condescending attitude towards the "plastic fans".

Now that these loyal "real fans" also had to watch on tv like everyone else... I wonder if it felt different, or did it change their attitude towards the not so real fans?

Latest posts

Top Bottom