<

Mikel Arteta: Serial Trophy Winning MANAGER

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by OnlyOne, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member

Very weird and bias tbh. They have designated writers for each club though and I am not sure how they are selected.

If you have read all their pieces you'd think we had a great season. I subscribed because they are often touted as industry leaders in sports/football writing but I don't see it.

They do get the odd insight that I do not see anywhere else though. The aubameyang article and some other notable ones revealed and confirmed some very interesting things.

RunTheTrap and sdotzdot like this.
  2. CanadianGooner1608

CanadianGooner1608 Well-Known Member

Watching the feud that started in the last couple pages, the tagline from Alien vs Predator popped into my mind: "whoever wins, we lose".

Onto Arteta, since I didn't comment in a while on here: I am delighted, and happy to admit I was wrong. I believe I backed Allegri when Emery was sacked, but hindsight being 20/20, I sincerely believe we appointed the right man.

Another trophy in our worst season in 25 years, still nothing for the "best Sp**s team in 20 years". Levels.

Squillaci, Riou, Macho and 1 other person like this.
  3. Emeryates

Emeryates Heccy Regret

I don't get how you guys still deny Sp**s are bigger than us with more fans and more top 4 trophies in the last 5 years.

Or that's what French Wenger the failure would say. Arteta the Chad honorary Englishman knows we have more trophies.

4. kash2

kash2 Obsessed With Jury

man we had 22 consecutive St. Totteringham days ..... seems like a dream now.

Makingtrax likes this.
  5. GDeep™

GDeep™ Has Never Seen Our New Signings Play

One of the best ‘coaches’ in the league. Watched the FA Cup final again this morning, and he totally out coached Lampard. Bodes well for the future as long as we can provide him with the ammunition.

Right now I’ll say top 6 is guaranteed for next season, with us and Sp**s battling for 5/6.

Makingtrax likes this.
  6. kash2

kash2 Obsessed With Jury

i wonder how the "true fans" feel now with this covid thing. There used to be quite a bit of pride about being able to attend games and a bit of condescending attitude towards the "plastic fans".

Now that these loyal "real fans" also had to watch on tv like everyone else... I wonder if it felt different, or did it change their attitude towards the not so real fans?

7. yorch44

yorch44 Well-Known Member

This is why Pep and Arsène always said a lot of good things about him. He understands football so well. We have a tactician with him. He isn't my concern in this club but the board and how they are doing things. Dirty Raul and Kia seems so corrupted to me that I fear they will ruin Arteta career in arsenal

8. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne Wenger once said "I will miss you"

Would have said that with the power of Arteta and some normal scouting. But this ****Joorabchiam jumping into the picture to supply us with a ruck of ageing Brazillian's in random positions, is a whole new ball game. One that might even sink Arteta.

BigPoppaPump likes this.
  9. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member

I dunno why "the power of Arteta" made me laugh but it did.

BigPoppaPump and Makingtrax like this.
  10. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

What a terrible tagline from the filmmakers, did they not watch their own film :lol:

Humanity would only have lost if the Aliens won.

CanadianGooner1608 likes this.
  11. EmeryCouldnt

EmeryCouldnt Well-Known Member

I
    I genuinely think these aging braziians are better than we currently have.

Football Manager likes this.
  12. Tosker

Tosker Does Not Hate Foreigners

Is Pele available?

13. Makingtrax

That may well be true, but we're not going anywhere near top 4 with them.

Macho likes this.
  14. EmeryCouldnt

Id put a wager that we do.

Football Manager and Trofton like this.
  15. Makingtrax

You know I'm always right. Said we'd be mid table after Wenger left, Arteta would be better than Emery before Emery came, Luiz would make errors and wouldn't improve our defence, last year's window would see us drop further ;)

I wouldn't risk it if I were you. We're not getting top 4 with Mari, Cedric, Luiz and Willian. 5th or 6th max, even with Arteta. Will revise my prediction if we get better transfers.:p

BigPoppaPump, EmeryCouldnt and kash2 like this.
  16. drippin

drippin Well-Known Member

Weren't we 6th when Wenger left? Now we were 8th as our worst finish after that. Where is your definition of midtable?

Riou likes this.
  17. Kav

Kav Well-Known Member

You know I always found this mid table talk rather agenda driven. I mean it’s 20 teams, so shouldn’t midtable be 9-11 there about. Yet if you come 6-8 they say you’re mid table. Funny thing that.

GoonerJay24 and drippin like this.
  18. drippin

drippin Well-Known Member

Pretty funny if 6th is not midtable and 8th is. I guess the line is drawn at 7th then. :) Also the season after Wenger left we were 5th.

Dj_sds - and GoonerJay24 like this.
  19. EmeryCouldnt

Alright, if I win, you have to change your name to MakingSnax

Football Manager likes this.
  20. Makingtrax

Anything between 8th to 12th bro, what's yours? 2 either side of the mean looks a good compromise. And he was only 6th after 22 years, under extreme duress. Context is everything, 8th only 2 seasons after he left. :eek:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020