• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Shalmaneser V

You lot remember back in 2015 when you had a good run with Walcott up top, Sanchez on the left, Özil as the 10 and Ramsey on the right? It was during the time where Coquelin was massively in form and partnered well with Cazorla, basically enabling the front 4 to just do their thing.

The way you're playing under Arteta reminds me a bit of this, but you're missing that deep partnership in midfield I think. Willian could easily slot into that 10 role as the strong dribbler creating chances by ostensibly not losing the ball under pressure.

Remember that game well. Watched the match in the local then pulled some Spanish bird named Estafania who could barely speak a word of English. Great times!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Ramsey could have been great on the right, shame he and Arsène didn't want him there permanently, could have been a modern day Ljungberg.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He was great in the middle.

Not since 2014, he became too attacking...was only consistently good in the middle when we used a back 3 formation post 2014.

I really liked him on the right back in 2015, his running power really helped Santi.

Manberg

Predator
Not since 2014, he became too attacking...was only consistently good in the middle when we used a back 3 formation post 2014.

I really liked him on the right back in 2015, his running power really helped Santi.

He was great in his final season here. If it wasn’t for him we’d have finished 8th not 5th and wouldn’t have made the final. Season fell to pieces after Ramsey got injured.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

You lot remember back in 2015 when you had a good run with Walcott up top, Sanchez on the left, Özil as the 10 and Ramsey on the right? It was during the time where Coquelin was massively in form and partnered well with Cazorla, basically enabling the front 4 to just do their thing.

The way you're playing under Arteta reminds me a bit of this, but you're missing that deep partnership in midfield I think. Willian could easily slot into that 10 role as the strong dribbler creating chances by ostensibly not losing the ball under pressure.

Need someone like Santi Cazorla for this.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Need someone like Santi Cazorla for this.

I reckon Ceballos (if he stays) is capable of filling that role. Always been a big fan of him. I think you need a proper ball winner next to him, someone who can cover ground quickly. AMN might fit that role but it sounds like he's being sold.

Jae

i wonder how the "true fans" feel now with this covid thing. There used to be quite a bit of pride about being able to attend games and a bit of condescending attitude towards the "plastic fans".

Now that these loyal "real fans" also had to watch on tv like everyone else... I wonder if it felt different, or did it change their attitude towards the not so real fans?

This sounds like something a plastic fan would say to be fair.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Need him to stay for a few years, steady the ship.

Barca and $ity will both be sniffing around in a few weeks probably.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
dont be salty Unai, now your boy Raul is gone.
Have you see my post criticising emery?
Yea, anyone who disagree with you are called emery, right? Best logic I’ve ever seen.:rofl:

And to be honest, I don’t even know/care about what was raul’s job at arsenal. Was he good/bad here? I don’t really know. First, I never care about his job, so I can’t judge. Second, unless you are in the boardroom meeting with him, or else you can’t tell which good/bad decisions were made by him, which decisions were made by others in the same meeting.

I heard that he has an issue with Özil. It’s just a rumours that can never be confirmed. Does he have an issue with Özil? Or does he not? I don’t care. Only stupid people will believe in rumours. I never believe or not believe in things like this. Unless it is proven to be true.

Performance on the pitch is something we can analysis. It’s not a boardroom meeting that you are just guessing what’s happening in there. The truth is Özil has been inconsistent over the years. He is not suited to modern tactics. His involvement in the build up phase was always lacking. These are flaws that he always has.

Last edited:

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Have you see my post criticising emery?
Yea, anyone who disagree with you are called emery, right? Best logic I’ve ever seen.

giphy.gif

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
gay pic posted by kash2
This is the post that I praised Arteta and criticise emery. And you disagreed.
Why do you hate Arteta and like emery?
Arteta is a very smart and hardworking person. In just three and a half year, he had already picked up all the tactical knowledge and football analytical skills from pep.

I’m glad to see that we enter the match with a clear game plan, and our players are well instructed on how to execute it. Let me discuss on what differences Arteta brings to our team.

In the FA cup final, we mainly attack in two ways.

1) If we are near our own box, we play from the back. Our CBs Luiz and Holding would spread wide. Our GK Martinez is an extra passing option. Our CB Tierney would shift to the LB position. The LB Niles would then tuck in as an extra CM. This created an overload on the left side. We would also have both CMs Xhaka and Ceballos dropping deep to provide more passing options. If needed, pepe would shift centrally and Laca would drop deep. To get more bodies in the middle, making the left overload more effective. If the opponent commit players high up to lessened the effect of the left overload, auba, despite on the left, will have plenty of space to run into, running towards the central area.

This is a huge improvement on what Emery was trying to do. Emery demand our players to play from the back too, but he never informed the players detail enough on their positioning/movement to achieve this, so we either made mistakes or forced to go long. So huge credit to Arteta for making the improvement on this. Our players movements are very disciplined, but a lot more flexible/less rigid than the emery’s system.

2) If we have the ball near the midfield line. Auba would take a more central role. Niles will occupy the LW position. And Tierney would be occupying the LB position. Again, to create overload on the left.

These different ways of attacking is there to confuse the opponent full backs. I can’t wait to see which players Arteta would bring in, to see what more different ways we can play. Because at the moment, our attack is still quite one dimensional due to players’ ability limitations.

Another credit to Arteta is that he plays to our players’ strengths. He uses a deeper defensive line, because we do not have the quickest defenders. If we plays a high line like emery did, the opponent could easily exploit the space behind in transition. (emery wants our team to be vertically compact, which if our front line press high, our defensive line would shift high to follow, which is why we lost a lot of goals in counter attack)(Arteta employs a high press, but a lower defensive line, this approach would give up spaces in the midfield if our press is not execute correctly by all our attackers, which resulted in the pulisic goal (to me this is an individual player’s error more than a tactical one. ceballos commit himself up to the press when auba didn’t)(and also, if you watched the replay, tactically speaking, we had enough numbers in our own box to stop the Chelsea goal). This Arteta’s system shuts down lots of opponent’s counter attacking opportunities, because it allows us to get back to our defensive shape much quicker.

And I haven’t mentioned how organised our press are executed for most of the time (except in one or two situations when our players didn’t fully follow the press, but I’m sure Arteta would work more on this in training).

Arteta has improved us a lot in a tactical standpoint, I am glad that Arsenal is lead by an amazing tactician. Don’t understand why someone can still post hateful comments on Arteta, that person is probably a fangirl of emery.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
What's up with "gay pic" thingy? Why you taking gay and using it as some negative? Let's show support and respect to gay human beings!
Of course, I do respect them.
I’m just describing what kash2 has posted. Nothing disrespectful.
I have a gay colleague. And I call him gay. Is this disrespectful?

Top Bottom