• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
o9zme2t90sm51.jpg

That's a well drilled goal. 3 players in the exact same position
Crazy!

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
We've really got a special manager on our hands, I feel. With experience he's going to become one of the top managers in the world.

There's a lot that can be said about his tactical acumen, the way he's got the players to buy into his project etc but from a fans perspective, I'm just glad to actually be able to enjoy watching Arsenal play again and feel like we're moving in the right direction. The club feels on a really positive trajectory.

There are players who I'd dread seeing in Emery's starting eleven that I actually get excited to see play for us now.

There's a long way to go to get where we want to be but I don't think you could classify Mikel's short reign so far as being anything but an unqualified success. I'm excited to see where we'll be in 2-3 years time.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
We've really got a special manager on our hands, I feel. With experience he's going to become one of the top managers in the world.

There's a lot that can be said about his tactical acumen, the way he's got the players to buy into his project etc but from a fans perspective, I'm just glad to actually be able to enjoy watching Arsenal play again and feel like we're moving in the right direction. The club feels on a really positive trajectory.

There are players who I'd dread seeing in Emery's starting eleven that I actually get excited to see play for us now.

There's a long way to go to get where we want to be but I don't think you could classify Mikel's short reign so far as being anything but an unqualified success. I'm excited to see where we'll be in 2-3 years time.
Arteta is a great tactican. His few years spent with pep is key to his career.

Last edited:

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
nah. .. Arteta is good but calling him key to peps career is taking it too far

I think he meant Arteta there, as in Pep was key to Arteta's career.

That said, Pep lost a lot when Arteta left as well. More than may be with any of his assistant coaches. You just have to listen how Man City players rated Arteta.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
I think he meant Arteta there, as in Pep was key to Arteta's career.

That said, Pep lost a lot when Arteta left as well. More than may be with any of his assistant coaches. You just have to listen how Man City players rated Arteta.

are u sure.. Arteta did most of his heavy lifting after leaving pep, and pep got tonked by Arteta when they met.

Manberg

Predator
What? You think our fans are smarter than opposition coaching staffs? I think the opposition has already figured it out. Stopping it is another question.

Don't be naive. Social media and online articles and opinions etc. are widely used as scouting tools in top level football. Analysts gather all the data and information they can get.

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
The more that Arsenal fans bring attention to our tactics on social media the more the opposition will counter it.
The thing with that specific pattern of play is that it's not a gimmick, you can't just counter it by pressing Auba harder, look in both videos how they leave KT completely alone, really hard to counter two left backs overloading you, you press Auba harder and he just passes it to KT which is just as dangerous considering in both goals we were 5v5/6v6.

It's genius that Arteta identified this is possible when you have a player like Tierney that can play LCB/LB and has a WC engine.

Gegen Pressing

Wenger-Dein was not a model. It was an adhoc partnership

A model today would have to include five directors
Data Science-Manager-Scout (Wenger)
And on the other side some corporsate
Finance-Lawyer (Dein)

Could argue that Wenger + Dein was complete by accident because both great minds but in structured modern club you'd have a physical person for each of these. Gazidis arguably tried to achieve this but I believe Gazidis as a legal type he's over his head. I would say these days you need a scientific mind to run a data science organisation that is becoming a football club worth a billion+ .

I always prefered the Wenger - Dean model over what Gazidis had implemented.
I still have my doubts over Edu's competence but we will know more in a few years, he needs time to show changes to scouting system were right and he has the same ability to attract players like Dean.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom