• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yeah big myth, the amount of shots on goal under Arteta was the same 2nd half of last season. Chelsea, City, Pool fell way short of expected goals (a lot of guilt edged chances were missed if you recall).

You can read about it here if you care:
https://theathletic.co.uk/1945591/2...rticle_source=search&search_query=superficial

Similarities I have noted

- Both Arteta and Emery have relied on 5 at the back, even against small teams because of personnel

- Both have frozen out Özil

-Both Arteta and Emery value experienced wingers over Pepe (Zaha and Willian respectively)

- Both came to the conclusion that Aubameyang is better off on the left with Lacazette central

- Both are more than happy to give up possession entirely if need be.

- Both insist on playing out from the back, Leno being better at it than Cech eventually had him take number 1 - proof here: https://www.skysports.com/football/...esses-battle-between-petr-cech-and-bernd-leno

There's more but I have forgotten. Arteta's big W's so far is keeping Auba who would have certainly left under Emery and the FA Cup.

Initially we had a major improvement against big teams/matches under Emery too. People will deny what I am saying but I have provided proof. They are a lot more similar than people care to admit.
I'm a big Arteta fan, but can't fault that logic. There is one difference though, as soon as we started losing, Emery kept tinkering with the team to try and stop the individual errors. Arteta prefers to stick with the team and work harder with the players.

Really don't like freezing out players though eg Guendouzi, Özil, Wenger would never have done that. A managers job is to motivate players so that they play their best and enjoy matches, not fall out with them. Özil and Guendouzi at least deserves to be on the bench and used occasionally.

Last edited:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Really interesting 60 minute video including sections on Arteta, his tactics, recruitment, the owners and the board, finances, and Highbury.

Last edited:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Really don't like freezing out players though eg Guendouzi, Özil, Wenger would never have done that. A managers job is to motivate players so that they play their best and enjoy matches, not fall out with them. Özil and Guendouzi at least deserves to be on the bench and used occasionally.
I was a big Wenger out guy to tell you the truth, but now I see he was levels.

He’s been more than vindicated since his exit - the players and the fans let him down massively. Particularly this last crop - which we are still trying to fix till this day.

Last edited:

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Yeah big myth, the amount of shots on goal under Arteta was the same 2nd half of last season. Chelsea, City, Pool fell way short of expected goals (a lot of guilt edged chances were missed if you recall).

https://theathletic.co.uk/1945591/2...rticle_source=search&search_query=superficial

- Both Arteta and Emery have relied on 5 at the back, even against small teams because of personnel

-Both Arteta and Emery value experienced wingers over Pepe (Zaha and Willian respectively)

- Both came to the conclusion that Aubameyang is better off on the left with Lacazette central

- Both insist on playing out from the back, Leno being better at it than Cech eventually had him take number 1 - proof here: https://www.skysports.com/football/...esses-battle-between-petr-cech-and-bernd-leno

There's more but I have forgotten. Arteta's big W's so far is keeping Auba who would have certainly left under Emery and the FA Cup.

Initially we had a major improvement against big teams/matches under Emery too. People will deny what I am saying but I have provided proof. They are a lot more similar than people care to admit.

emery was in love with gandoozi ...arteta booted him out flying.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

Good and fair points. It's like two chefs-same ingredients but one knows what to do with them or can make the best out of them. The real issue is that we have quite a few inadequate players that no manager can work with long term. I remember Mourinho's comments comparing his players to eggs. Poor quality eggs makes a poorer omelette!

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Artetas next 6 fixtures.
Leicester cup
Liverpool
Sheffield United
Man City
Leicester league
Man Utd

1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th and 8th from last season ****. Could be the make and breaking of a season right there.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Getting into Ainsley for lack of concentration in the 88th minute, love it.

God I love this man. Look forward to him continually making Brendan Rodgers his ***** in tactical battles.

Mikel Arteta. Our ****ing saviour. Our Basque God. Thank **** for his existence because this club was going ****ing nowhere without this Basque God.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

People are just blinded by optimism you just gotta sit back and let them have their fun. Although I do agree all the Emery hate is ridiculous but you know Arsenal fans need a scapegoat, if it's not Wenger it's Gazidis or Emery or Kroenke. The players are actually way better than they produce it's just everyone elses fault!

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I was a big Wenger out guy to tell you the truth, but his predecessors reveal Wenger is just levels above man.

He’s been more than vindicated since his exit - the players and the fans let him down massively. Particularly this last crop - which we are still trying to fix till this day.
His predecessors?

Manberg

Predator
Arteta keeps getting his subs right. Lost count of the amount of times people bemoan his lateness for subs or the subs he makes, then his subs end up having a big positive impact, it was Bellerin today for the second goal.

I dread to think what would happen if self declared experts criticising his decisions were in charge.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom