• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
What are you on about? That's 3 players right there that could've been a big part of the future of this club. Arteta's record with the young players in our squad has been nothing short of shocking.

Mate, it's Grange. Probably still wallowing on the massive L Arsenal, Arteta and himself took last night.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Mate, it's Grange. Probably still wallowing on the massive L Arsenal, Arteta and himself took last night.
Yeah there's no point debating with some people. If folks have been happy enough watching the likes of Elneny, Cedric and Willian all season more power to them.

Tree Points

Another annoying Manc
Lots of talk from people close to Arsenal that the owners won’t panic and are committed to the long term ‘process’. That Arsenal bloke who is always on talkSPORT said that on the afternoon show earlier.

You can blame United for this. Kronke (sp?) and company have seen our progress with Ole who we got on the cheap and think they’ll get the same reward with Micky A if they stick by him.

It could end well, you never know. But right now it’s not looking likely.

GoonerJay24

A serious club with a serious owner would look at how proactive Chelsea were with sacking Lampard. They were wallowing where we are, but are now top 4 and in a position to win a double. But we're doing the opposite.

Everyone involved should be ashamed.

I think Arteta didn't get sacked because although we've had very bad spells this season,it never seemed Arteta lost the dressing room like Emery had before him.

I can't remember Arsenal ever sacking a coach midway through a campaign when the players are still on side.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

You also have to ask yourself what Paul Pogba was doing as this all went on?

It’s been tough for Mikel.

This is a really good point and it only highlights even more how much a role AFCON has played this season. 5/6 of our first team players missing for 6 months of the season is huge.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Mods are useless, they pick and choose who gets banned by who gets reported and who they have a personal bias against.
You might be onto something as I was banned for calling out a racist lol. Plus Jury & I barely agree with stuff yet I'm stuck with the tag Jury Lite🤣

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
I mostly voted 'Yes' out of principle.

Give the manager two windows and two seasons. He can have no complaints if he is sacked after this season though. In general, I am the Arsenal manager in, unless the players are not playing for the manager. That happened with Emery.

I'd loathe us to become a club that hires and sacks manager nilly willy.

I'd be loathe for us to become a club that settles for mediocrity on and off the pitch. Oh wait....

Would you be singing that tune if Hodgson was our manager or Alan Curbishley? When a rot is setting in, you cut it off, don't give it time to fester further and hope it gets better.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Arteta is going to be here next season, people need to start accepting that.

While it's obvious after last night that we can do better, and that the club should move on (Gallardo and Potter being my choices), it's just not going to happen, there is zero indication of it and Arteta clearly has the full backing of the higher ups and ownership, and is here to stay.

So while next season is going to suck without European football, let's just hope Arteta finally starts to show the promise has as a manager next season, with a run at CL spots. It's literally the only thing we can hope for. With no european football we'll have a significant advantage over competitors for top 4, so although Liverpool, Chelsea, and United have far better squads than us (and that gap should be widening), perhaps we can make a run at it.

Dreary time to be an Arsenal fan, and Mikel has been a massive disappointment (and there's a very decent chance he never becomes a good manager, and continues to disappoint; it's a large sample now of pretty mediocre work, for all the good things people say about him, the safe and statistic-based bet is probably that he never does become one), but all we can do is hope that next season he turns the corner as a manager, because he's not going anywhere.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
I mostly voted 'Yes' out of principle.

Give the manager two windows and two seasons. He can have no complaints if he is sacked after this season though. In general, I am the Arsenal manager in, unless the players are not playing for the manager. That happened with Emery.

I'd loathe us to become a club that hires and sacks manager nilly willy.
This wouldn't be a case of nilly willy though. Arteta should be doing better with this team even though a couple of players are sh!t but he keeps playing his friends and experimenting instead of setting the team uo to win. He's been doing weird sh!t recently which is costing us. We cant keep giving managers time and they're not making progress.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
I really thought when Artera would come in he'd be a cross between Wenger and Pep. A combination of the best qualities of both. However in essence he's got the worst qualities of both managers.

I expected arteta to do the following:

- bring attacking football like Wenger
- play and trust youngsters like Wenger
- have the tactical know how of pep

Instead he has:
- stubbornness of Wenger
- distrust for young players like pep
- can't adapt in-game like pep
- conservative playing style like mourinho
- add to all of this, the fear of failure like mourinho.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I voted yes because I don't trust the Kroenkes with the next appointment and I think some of you "Arteta in" guys deserve more misery.

Let's see how many negative records Arteta can smash by the winter ⚽

Top Bottom