• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Arteta's struggles? You can't be serious, he's a millionaire and he's been handed a job coveted by many on a silver platter; in what other line of work can that sort of thing happen to an unexperienced rookie?

And it's his fault too - his hubris led him down this path, and his hubris alone. Should've started small and not taken the shortcuts. Sorry, but I have little sympathy for him.

giphy.gif

What you said just isn't logical though. I don't see how anyone can blame Arteta for taking the Arsenal job, whether you like him or think he's the worst manager in the world.

Extrapolate the situation into the real world. You're an 18 year old kid with little experience in your line of work. You get offered a very lucrative job with a historically top 3 company in the country. No-one turns that offer down. It's nothing to do with hubris. It's about self belief and career advancement. We'd all do the same.

If Arteta is a failure he'll get his comeuppance and lose his job. The people who need to be held accountable are the ones who appointed him and have hidden behind him.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
If the club "believes in" Arteta, then is it going to sack Edu or Vinai? I mean you simply cannot have a failure as big as this season and zero heads roll for it, surely?

If the belief is "we think he's a good coach who just needs time and better players", well that might be a huge mistake but ok that's your belief, but then surely you gotta look at the people bringing in the players? It can't all have been Raul.

If Arteta, Edu and Vinai are all in their jobs by the start of next season it'll be an actual joke.

mpower2540

All seems a bit backward to me. We showed zero ambition to really fix the teams flaws and get the one or two players when Wenger was manager.
Emery finished 5th, one point off top 4, doesn’t get the players he wanted.
Arteta has us in one of our worst seasons in memory, languishing in 10th, knocked out of the EL up against our first somewhat test, playing terrible football and showing no signs he’s learning and this is the guy we’re going to reward with investment???

We’re going to posting record losses after the covid pandemic and we’re going to be entrusting a rebuild to a guy who has shown he hasn’t any idea how to build a coherent defence/attack?? Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Did any one notice that in his interview, when he talked about other clubs being out of Europe and how it worked out well for them that he didn't mention Chelsea? It would have been the most recent and applicable example. Well that's because Chelsea's solution was to fire Mourinho. The following season they came back to win the league under Conte!

Please, for the love of god, sack Arteta and hire Conte. Please.

Iceman10

Established Member
If Arteta is a failure he'll get his comeuppance and lose his job.
This season has been a failure, even allowing for someone supposedly growing into the job. Decisions for the Villareal tie were 18 months into his job and he shows no signs of evolving, if anything an adverse danger to development of some of our assets. As with feeling sorry for Elneny, as you did in that thread, there needs to be acceptance that fan rhetoric sometimes spills over because of lack of trust in the club. It is pretty irrefutable that Arteta would have been sacked already at any comparable competitor, and it is pretty clear renewal of Elneny's contract would be off the table also.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
One thing I'd say is there's absolutely zero good reason not to sack Arteta right now. Another thing i'd say is sacking the manager doesn't solve all the problems, you could have a much better coach in charge and we'd still be f*cked with this weak-ass executive set-up. Until Arsenal has actual brains at executive level it won't be successful.

But a guy takes off his striker and captain with 10 mins to go in a semi-final? That's basically footballing sacrilege. Sack him.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

If! If!!! What will it take to convince you? Relegation.

I've said if Arteta gets sacked it's understandable and I wouldn't try arguing against it. Not sure what else I can say.

It's an 'If' because me, yourself or the Arsenal fan base in general don't make the decision. The people making the decision probably have very different thought processes and motivations to us.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I've said if Arteta gets sacked it's understandable and I wouldn't try arguing against it. Not sure what else I can say.

It's an 'If' because me, yourself or the Arsenal fan base in general don't make the decision. The people making the decision probably have very different thought processes and motivations to us.

No there are no ifs when it comes to his failures. He is categorically a failure. If he satys at the club then we will have persisted with a failure. If by some miracle we improve next season to go back into the Europa, you can forget dreaming about Top 4, he'll still be a failure.

Iceman10

Established Member

You should say if you think Artera has been a failure or not. If you don't present an argument. This three card monte stuff saying it is up to the board comes across as weird, to put it kindly.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

This season has been a failure, even allowing for someone supposedly growing into the job. Decisions for the Villareal tie were 18 months into his job and he shows no signs of evolving, if anything an adverse danger to development of some of our assets. As with feeling sorry for Elneny, as you did in that thread, there needs to be acceptance that fan rhetoric sometimes spills over because of lack of trust in the club. It is pretty irrefutable that Arteta would have been sacked already at any comparable competitor, and it is pretty clear renewal of Elneny's contract would be off the table also.

Well a significant minority of at least our online fan base are scumbags or children.

I came to terms with that the way Wenger was degraded his last few years. Emery being mocked mercilessly because he had the gaul to speak with a Spanish accent. Now there are people on here literally calling Arteta a terrible human being etc

Makes me laugh because they're probably the same sort of tossers who spam social media with Be Kind stuff every time a D-list celebrity commits ****.

My distinction is if I believe someone is giving their all and still doing a poor job, I'll want them gone but I can't feel anger towards them. It's when I don't believe someone is giving 100% that it really gets to me.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
You should say if you think Artera has been a failure or not. If you don't present an argument. This three card monte stuff saying it is up to the board comes across as weird, to put it kindly.

If he didn't have a fence to sit on he'd break down and cry.

Iceman10

Established Member
If he didn't have a fence to sit on he'd break down and cry.
Sort of my payback for being indirectly accused of having an agenda by saying Arteta was stubborn, with no apology. That was what I got after showing nothing but respect and open discourse prior to that. Who has had any agenda I will always leave for others to decide.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
No but Wenger was in decline and had to go anyway, Emery DID lose the players, and Arteta IS underperforming,
Wenger had to go because he'd been undermined and abused by the likes of DT, Troopz, Piers Morgan and a long list of other social media influencers who'd persuaded the fan base that a team spending 5th/6th with clueless owners should be winning the league.

Most of these are the ones that have been spouting sh!t about trust the process, else look mugs.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

I'm not one of the people that makes 180 turns on Arteta every few weeks. I've been fairly supportive of the guy generally. I'm less supportive than I have been at any point during his tenure.

Yes, this season Arteta has failed to meet his objectives.

We've chatted before and I've consistently said I'd give him until Christmas irrespective. I'm wavering on that now.

My personal opinion doesn't really matter, but I wouldn't say I'm firmly Arteta Out but I'm Arteta Out sympathetic which is quite a shift from my views just a few months ago.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

Sort of my payback for being indirectly accused of having an agenda by saying Arteta was stubborn, with no apology. That was what I got after showing nothing but respect and open discourse prior to that. Who has had any agenda I will always leave for others to decide.

Did I do that? If I did it wasn't intentional or aimed as a dig at you. I've always enjoyed our interactions on here. You're one of the few posters on here I actually respect. My apologies if I said something untoward.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom