• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Iceman10

Established Member
Most of you were impressed after a flukey Chelsea result, and a few wins against bottom of the league cannon fodder.

We’re doing no better than we were under Emery. 11th in the league after 18 games, playing football which is solely dependent on Kieran Tierney. Arteta is having a horrible season and people are letting him off the hook.

It’s just an internet forum, mate. Was obvious around the Burnley, Southampton games in December that Mikel wasn’t getting the sack by the board unless relegation became a real threat. That’s the owners and the board, not us, and with Covid fan power is even smaller.

Relax, he’s unlikely to go anywhere by summer, get used to it, he and Edu seem to have managed expectations with the board that I don’t even think he has much to worry about this summer, earliest for accountability with the board/owners probably will be around Nov of next season.

Moah

Yes but that manager was taking us backwards. Didn’t win a trophy either. Arteta’s taking us forward.
Trophies aside, how was Emery taking us backwards while Arteta pushes us forwards while having a worse games to points ratio, scoring less and playing ****e football?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
The role of the coach is overrated in football. Sure a coach should try to instil a style of play that's more or less consistent game to game, and get the best out of the players they have, but it's mainly about just keeping the squad happy, keeping the fans happy, and managing injuries etc.

There isn't a coach out there who would get this squad scoring 3 goals a game on a regular basis. So I think Arteta should take the blame for stupid sh*t like playing Tierney in the fa cup and not resting him, and for stuff like banishing a perfectly usable asset like Guendouzi. But I don't particularly blame him for us being so dry up front.

A lot of credit goes to Klopp for Liverpool's success of course, but it's the quality of the players that has achieved it and it's the recruitment department that chooses the players much more than Klopp does. Give Klopp a month on the training ground with our squad and sure it might be better, but it's still not going places.

We lack quality players in the final 3rd who can make the difference, it's something we basically always had under Wenger. Sure Wenger was unusually good at coaching attacking patterns, better than Arteta, but he also had better attackers for the most part.

Lacazette is finished, Willian and Pepe contribute literally nothing. I'm all for youth but we're mugs if we expect our young prospects to effect games on a regular basis.

The recruitment department needs to identify a quality CF and a quality no. 10, and the board needs to back them with funds in the summer, otherwise our mediocre attack will continue and we'll stay midtable next season too.

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
Trophies aside, how was Emery taking us backwards while Arteta pushes us forwards while having a worse games to points ratio, scoring less and playing ****e football?

Because of that poor start after finishing 5th the season before. That’s not progress that’s backwards.

24 points after 18 games is now progress for Arteta because last season we were on 23 points. 1+1 is 2, simple maths.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

If you think we were playing good football under Emery you're broken. I don't class conceding 30 shots a game to Wolves and Brighton as pushing forwards or going places.

Some people conveniently get how poor previous regimes were, we will not get anywhere sacking another manager.

Moah

If you think we were playing good football under Emery you're broken. I don't class conceding 30 shots a game to Wolves and Brighton as pushing forwards or going places.

Some people conveniently get how poor previous regimes were, we will not get anywhere sacking another manager.
I am not defending Emery, I am just calling Arteta's football ****e.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

We conceded almost 30 shots at Leeds and 20 at home to Villa. PrOgReSs

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
No one called the players ****e when they won 4 in a row. The players shift from ****e to world-class and ****e again while the manager is consistently great. Nice.
He could argue that some people say the players are great when we win but the manager is ****e when we lose tbf.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He could argue that some people say the players are great when we win but the manager is ****e when we lose tbf.
That's not true, I've pretty much called Arteta crap regardless of what he's done since summer really.

Chelsea didn't play low block against us - plus a couple of wonder goals
Brighton didn't play low block
West Brom tried but they were awful, plus Tierney wonder goal

Palace result was always coming basically, our reliance on individual brilliance remains. At least we didn't lose though, which I'm sure we would have done a month ago, so progress.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

That's not true, I've pretty much called Arteta crap regardless of what he's done since summer really.

Chelsea didn't play low block against us - plus a couple of wonder goals
Brighton didn't play low block
West Brom tried but they were awful, plus Tierney wonder goal

Palace result was always coming basically, our reliance on individual brilliance remains. At least we didn't lose though, which I'm sure we would have done a month ago, so progress.

We also were take to extra time by a sh*te Newcastle team without their star player who could’ve won it at the death.

West Brom are arguably even worse than Sheffield United. Saw someone on here saying that Saka could’ve walked out their press and it was spot on.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

If we score quick and early I think we're fine. Our backline has been one of our bright spots this season - we've managed to survive a couple red cards and still keep it respectable.

When we don't nick a quick goal though, the longer we leave it or if we're chasing from behind, it doesn't particularly look good for us.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
This thread doesnt help my health. Arteta isn’t going anywhere and we’re doing fine. Patience.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

This thread doesnt help my health. Arteta isn’t going anywhere and we’re doing fine. Patience.
Sorry about your health.

I am not fond of Arteta but I am a bit more fond of you, so I'll go easy on my Arteta criticism.

I will start by saying, I genuinely have confidence in our back 5 nowadays. I'd like to think Arteta and his staff have something to do with that.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
What has that got to do with my post? I'm saying you can look at what he says two ways and that is certainly occuring two ways. Im not talking about you specifically.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I suppose if we are honest the truth probably "lies close to the middle" in that the players aren't quite good enough or perhaps consistent enough but the manager hasn't been good enough either.

The question is if you personally see enough to make you think Arteta warrants the time. Personally it's a no but if you do that's fair enough.

What's without a shadow of a doubt is that he will be given the season so let's see what happens I guess.

Legend14

Established Member
Huh? What does Edu have to do with that performance? What does shipping people out have to do with what we set out to do with that 11?
What winning culture is supposed to be introduced in the January window? We were on a 4 game win streak, I doubt confidence was that low.

We again refused to pass through the middle, even ESR mainly got the ball when he drifted out wide. I wonder how many times Laca even touched the ball over the entire game.
Do you think AMN is a good backup LB? How did he effect the game? What about Bellerin, again? Do you think ESR will play the 10 every game at the highest level or is it too much pressure? Do we have a good backup keeper or are we an injury away from total disaster?
Think it through a little more.

Yes our attack strategy wasn’t good, but we need to bring in players so our intent doesn’t change drastically when someone is injured.

Top Bottom