• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

The question is if you personally see enough to make you think Arteta warrants the time.
Complete waste of time.

We're going to have to remix the whole regime once again to clean up this current "process".

Runarsson, Willian, and more to come this summer, it's piling up.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
No one called the players ****e when they won 4 in a row. The players shift from ****e to world-class and ****e again while the manager is consistently great. Nice.

Those wins papered over the cracks. We performed well against Chelsea, but they didn't turn up to play football, their attitude was shocking. We were awful first half against Brighton and probably just edged the match, West Brom are absolutely awful and it took extra time to beat Newcastle.

People were getting far to carried away after those results.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
West Brom took points off Liverpool and City, we clearly did something right in that match.

As long as we win against Newcastle next game, 13/15 points is good...still think some of you have too high expectations for this current squad though.

Moah

West Brom took points off Liverpool and City, we clearly did something right in that match.

As long as we win against Newcastle next game, 13/15 points is good...still think some of you have too high expectations for this current squad though.
And Liverpool scored 7 against Palace. You can't bring other matches for comparison you just play who is in front of you.

Riou

And Liverpool scored 7 against Palace. You can't bring other matches for comparison you just play who is in front of you.

Yeah, but Liverpool put it on 1 star difficulty...least we played Palace on the highest setting, because we have standards.

Moah

Those wins papered over the cracks. We performed well against Chelsea, but they didn't turn up to play football, their attitude was shocking. We were awful first half against Brighton and probably just edged the match, West Brom are absolutely awful and it took extra time to beat Newcastle.

People were getting far to carried away after those results.
I completely agree with that. I was never impressed with the games we won, we were lucky to score first and we are good defending a lead but we were by no means great.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

No one is saying this squad is top4 quality.

But a better coach will make our attack better, surely. We were smashing a better palace team than this in the Wenger dark days.

Riou

No one is saying this squad is top4 quality.

But a better coach will make our attack better, surely. We were smashing a better palace team than this in the Wenger dark days.

I am hoping with Smith Rowe and Martinelli becoming more involved, plus Partey returning, we can start racking up some better performances...but honestly, bar Saka, the attack will be up and down as we have too many "past it" players and most young players are naturally up and down anyway.

Even the "Wenger dark days" still Özil, Sanchez, Mkh, Ramsey, Wilshere, Iwobi all supplying a decent amount of creativity tbf.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Arteta needs to go, arguably the worst manager in the league.
DmU1dS1X0AAsuK9.jpg

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Sorry about your health.

I am not fond of Arteta but I am a bit more fond of you, so I'll go easy on my Arteta criticism.

I will start by saying, I genuinely have confidence in our back 5 nowadays. I'd like to think Arteta and his staff have something to do with that.
Appreciate it. That statement was more tongue-in-cheek, just FYI. But I'm also not looking for a debate. lol

akhil

Do you think AMN is a good backup LB? How did he effect the game? What about Bellerin, again? Do you think ESR will play the 10 every game at the highest level or is it too much pressure? Do we have a good backup keeper or are we an injury away from total disaster?
Think it through a little more.

Yes our attack strategy wasn’t good, but we need to bring in players so our intent doesn’t change drastically when someone is injured.

You're talking about a backup keeper.

Tierney could have been rested for the FA cup game. If Arteta didn't use valuable minutes in the EL and league cup playing Kola who was linked with moves all summer, maybe someone like Joel Lopez(u23 LB) would've been more ready to step in for the odd game if needed. AMN was never a left back, it's managers who use him all over the place.

Similar logic playing Mustafi when he's gone in the summer at the latest.

Regarding 10s, we've been linked with a whole host of names in the last couple of months.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member

Those games were all away. Somehow they have managed to be more competitive away from home. They also narrowly lost 1-0 away to Man Utd too.

At home they are a terrible side. Maybe it has to do with the fact that Big Sam said he was trying to open up a bit at home and have a go as they really need to start picking up some wins. The last 2 home games for them before us they lost 5-0 to Leeds and 3-0 to Villa.

Kav

Established Member
Because I'm backing the manager? Over what you want which is to go through the same bull **** cycle with another manager, and then another one... and another one. Until you realise that the best thing to do is to build this squad and get rid of the crap, no matter who the manager is nothing will change when you keep chopping and changing managers.
I see your point but you also don't seem to take the point of others.

Its like driving a car, the car can only go so fast based on its internals (This is your argument) which is true. However my argument is that having a good driver (in our case Manager) is just as important. Because if you have an incompetent one or foolish one then no matter the specs available he will just wreck it or crash it.

So I hope that you can take from that analogy the difference in perspective. Who the manager is, is very important to what we do and how we do it. If you can't appreciate that, then I can't explain it any better.

Your concern about rebuilding is negated but he fact that top teams go through rebuilds even 3-4 years. So we will have to do it anyway. I don't follow fools blindly and i think Arteta is a good young coach just not a good young manager.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom