• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

You have mentioned that Arteta has to change his approach. But do you think that Arteta is forced to set up this way BECAUSE our players are too shxt, especially technical-wise and creative-wise, so that we are not able to play attacking/possession/entertaining football?
My point all along is the players are not as bad as some of you are trying to make out. I have extensively showed examples of squads with less talent and ability who not only look better than us going forward but are delivering goals.

Brighton is an example, I don't know if you saw how they dispatched Villa with Welbeck of all people upfront, a player many of us were happy to see the back of.

He scored one and should have scored more, but surprise surprise - it didn't matter that he kept missing cause they made more chances for him anyways.

This is the same team we lost 3 nil to at home and Auba had zero shots on goal in 90+ mins.

When Lacazette or Auba miss their one or two chances it's a travesty. People need to admit that the shortcomings are on the manager and his approach.

Those players you mentioned would help our cause for sure, but there is enough here to score a goal in open play before the January transfer window atleast, this whole squad being poverty angle is b*llshit.

I will admit, your case is a bit different you're trying to see Barca which nobody is playing right now. However, a lot of people are going to look very stupid on here when

A) Arteta finally gets the attack clicking and the same players start firing

B) This continues, he gets the boot and another manager gets these same man going again.

Arteta has adjusted us for the better before, I personally think he can do it again. People need to climb out of his arse though and admit he is getting some things wrong.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We all love Wenger but let’s not forget he got himself sacked by awful signings and poor performances. He left us marooned in 6th place. Pochettino and Klopp retired Wenger by replacing us in the top 4 on a lower spend.
Yeah, he folded the last two years under the weight of fan anger, let's not forget that. Poch and Klopp weren't managing with planes flying overhead and stadium protests because 2nd in the league, even to Leicester, wouldn't have caused their fans to go mental.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
Yeah, he folded the last two years under the weight of fan anger, let's not forget that. Poch and Klopp weren't managing with planes flying overhead and stadium protests because 2nd in the league, even to Leicester, wouldn't have caused their fans to go mental.

Blaming the fans? :lol: As if Wenger gave a **** what the fans thought.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I agree with you up until this point. Wenger is a legend but

Decline is natural, two top quality managers came in and took our 'default' spot in the top 4 that we'd held for so long. The fan anger wasn't caused by nothing bro.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Blaming the fans? :lol: As if Wenger gave a **** what the fans thought.
Both Wenger, the team and the board slowly became paralysed. You saying they didn't care about all those rants, boycotts, planes and protests is just a mile wide of the mark.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I agree with you up until this point. Wenger is a legend but

Decline is natural, two top quality managers came in and took our 'default' spot in the top 4 that we'd held for so long. The fan anger wasn't caused by nothing bro.
The fan anger was caused by social media hysteria. Decline is something that has to be evidenced and up to 2015/16 there was no statistical evidence, we've been through this.

Atlas

Both Wenger, the team and the board slowly became paralysed. You saying they didn't care about all those rants, boycotts, planes and protests is just a mile wide of the mark.

More like Poch and Klopp came in and within 2 years retired Wenger who had more money and 20+ years to build his squad. The board and fans saw this and that’s how Wenger got the boot. Fergie went out on top because he could adapt to new challenges Wenger couldn’t. Blaming the fans is a good one. There is no reason why Sp**s or Pool should overtake us if Wenger was performing.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

More like Poch and Klopp came in and within 2 years retired Wenger who had more money and 20+ years to build his squad. The board and fans saw this and that’s how Wenger got the boot. Fergie went out on top because he could adapt to new challenges Wenger couldn’t. Blaming the fans is a good one. There is no reason why Sp**s or Pool should overtake us if Wenger was performing.
That's a good fairytale to tell your kids on a dark night in the Winter. Fergie didn't go out on top because he'd outspent Arsenal by a factor of 10 since 2004, or that he poached RVP who scored 26 goals and 9 assists, it was because he could adapt? :lol:

Atlas

That's a good fairytale to tell your kids on a dark night in the Winter. Fergie didn't go out on top because he'd outspent Arsenal by a factor of 10 since 2004, or that he poached RVP who scored 26 goals and 9 assists, it was because he could adapt? :lol:

Did Fergie outspend City and Chelsea when he won a bunch of titles before retiring? Fergies brief was to win the title Wengers was to finish 4th. Fergie achieved his and retired on top. Wenger didn’t. Fergie was competing with big money clubs like City and Chelsea and came out on top. Wenger outspent Pool and Sp**s and finished below. Failed to adapt bro.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
My point all along is the players are not as bad as some of you are trying to make out. I have extensively showed examples of squads with less talent and ability who not only look better than us going forward but are delivering goals.

Brighton is an example, I don't know if you saw how they dispatched Villa with Welbeck of all people upfront, a player many of us were happy to see the back of.

He scored one and should have scored more, but surprise surprise - it didn't matter that he kept missing cause they made more chances for him anyways.

This is the same team we lost 3 nil to at home and Auba had zero shots on goal in 90+ mins.

When Lacazette or Auba miss their one or two chances it's a travesty. People need to admit that the shortcomings are on the manager and his approach.

Those players you mentioned would help our cause for sure, but there is enough here to score a goal in open play before the January transfer window atleast, this whole squad being poverty angle is b*llshit.

I will admit, your case is a bit different you're trying to see Barca which nobody is playing right now. However, a lot of people are going to look very stupid on here when

A) Arteta finally gets the attack clicking and the same players start firing

B) This continues, he gets the boot and another manager gets these same man going again.

Arteta has adjusted us for the better before, I personally think he can do it again. People need to climb out of his arse though and admit he is getting some things wrong.
Welbeck is a lot better on the ball than auba/Laca/nketiah. He involved a lot more in the general play. People don’t like him just because of his below average finishing. We will have more possession and chance created with him in our squad.
@Macho

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Did Fergie outspend City and Chelsea when he won a bunch of titles before retiring? Fergies brief was to win the title Wengers was to finish 4th. Fergie achieved his and retired on top. Wenger didn’t. Fergie was competing with big money clubs like City and Chelsea and came out on top. Wenger outspent Pool and Sp**s and finished below. Failed to adapt bro.
Wenger never had any brief to finish 4th, and never outspent Pool or City. I'll discuss anything with anybody based on facts but once people start making stuff up I'm done.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Poor? I suggest you watch this 2016 compilation to remind yourself of the breath taking moves and compare it to the drivel we're watching now. This was his final year before the fans shat on him, and we finished 2nd I might add, not 8th, with the best defensive stats in the league. I'd forgotten just how good it was. A beautiful creative art form. Watch the move at 1 min 13s . . Jesus!

2nd in a hideous year on 71 points. 5 points above the team who finished 4th this season in another awful season. Get your head out the sand. We scored pretty goals under Emery and we've scored very nice team goals under Arteta. They happened more frequently under Arsène because he stacked our teams full of technically gifted players.

You are a full on Wenger pleb its hideously bottom of the barrel.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Wengerball didnt do us too much good all in all in the latter years, but it sure was fun to watch when it worked

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

2nd in a hideous year on 71 points. 5 points above the team who finished 4th this season in another awful season. Get your head out the sand. We scored pretty goals under Emery and we've scored very nice team goals under Arteta. They happened more frequently under Arsène because he stacked our teams full of technically gifted players.

You are a full on Wenger pleb its hideously bottom of the barrel.
If you think Emery and Arteta have got playing that well, you didn't watch the video. :lol:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If you think Emery and Arteta have got playing that well, you didn't watch the video. :lol:

Tbf it was pretty insane watching us batter Norwich 4-0 at home and then next week go to Liverpool and concede 4 or 5 every single time. Wengers final 5 years was failure, wrapped in failure. How can you sit there and defend our away record in big games in that final stint? I think I'm going to throw up.

Atlas

Wenger never had any brief to finish 4th, and never outspent Pool or City. I'll discuss anything with anybody based on facts but once people start making stuff up I'm done.

You can discuss it with whoever you want it doesn’t change the facts.:lol: Klopp and Poch come in to worse teams in worse positions than Arsenal and within 2 years had overtaken us by spending less money. Klopp and Poch retired Wenger by outperforming him. I didn’t mention City either.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You can discuss it with whoever you want it doesn’t change the facts.:lol: Klopp and Poch come in to worse teams in worse positions than Arsenal and within 2 years had overtaken us by spending less money. Klopp and Poch retired Wenger by outperforming him. I didn’t mention City either.

Good point that. £400M spent on players in his last 4 years and all Wenger did was regress the team with his methods. Very sad! But oh well, Arteta is here and he is the KING.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
What's the point in even going over all this Wenger stuff again?

Jerking off over Youtube compilations of our most beautiful goals in Wenger's last years is all fine and dandy but it doesn't tell the real story.
At the time we were scoring those goals most fans would have sacrificed those beautiful goals to not get battered pretty frequently against top teams by being less open and more defensively sound.

All this talk of how Wenger wasn't a micromanager and let his players express themselves without being overly coached was another reason the fans battered him at the time, however much you want to look back at it with rose tinted glasses now. How many times did the same individual player make the same errors without any repercussions? A lot. Fans were killing Wenger for that along with his supposed general lack of discipline.

Just because we're not in the best of places now doesn't mean we should romanticize and rewrite the history of Arsène's last few years here. Maybe it was better than the present, but it was still pretty crap. And you can't use the FA Cup wins to defend that period either because Arteta isn't being afforded the same credit.

Last edited:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom