• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Untitled.jpg
2.jpg

DnSItWDWsAAPFS-.jpg
https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/11/...ected-substantial-bid-for-182k-a-week-player/

Reactions: A_G

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Set us back years and year, said it plenty on here and people still send me horrible death and torture threats. Next year we're probably going to be starting to get out the woods of his damage.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

The asking price was a laughable £40m, but I wonder how substantial a bid this was. If it was in the £25m range, then turning it down was ridiculous.
Looking at how Italian clubs were moving that summer I have doubts how substantial or even immediate that payment would have been. We gave them Miki for nothing and they haggled over Smalling all summer for 15 mil.

Especially as we would have obviously needed a replacement and I don't know what 30 mil and no scouts + KIA on standby gets you, maybe it was for the best.

It's certainly on trend though, 29, poor season, high wages, 1 year left - I have a strong feeling the next offer won't be as substantial.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Biggest mistake we made was that we made was that instead of spending an extra £10m and buying a world class player we decided to pay pay top dollar for potential and basically every player turned out to be a huge flop.

Xhaka - if we paid a bit more we could've gotten Saul or Kante.

Mustafi - if we paid a bit more we could've gotten koulobaly

Laca - if we paid a bit more we could've gotten auba the first time around. And spent the remaining £50m on Mahrez

Basically we wanted our cake and to eat it...it didn't pay off and it's set us back 10years.

Yeah this is also true. It just comes down to bad judgement and not being able to spot a player really. The Partey and Gabriel signings are quite encouraging though. Partey is an established world class player, and Gabriel is a player that could potentially be part of a title winning team in a few years. We need to keep this mixture moving forward.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Arsenal have just never sold well, thats the only difference. Leicester have also spunked money away on players, all clubs do it.

Silmani, Musa, Silva, Iheanacho, Benkovic.. thats nearly 100M.

That’s not far off how much we spent on just Lacazette and Mustafi.

We’ve been overspending on trash and handing out big deals to bums. I’m sure the players you listed above weren’t handed £60k+ a week deals whilst bums like Willian, Cedric, David Luiz, Lichtsteiner, Mari etc were handed a winning lottery ticket with the deals they got offered.

The club needs to restructure our wage bill ffs

GDeep™

League is very weak
Arsenal have just never sold well, thats the only difference. Leicester have also spunked money away on players, all clubs do it.

Silmani, Musa, Silva, Iheanacho, Benkovic.. thats nearly 100M.
Our big issue became players running their deals down, weird actually because in the old days we sold well.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
It's easy in hindsight to say the club should have sold players earlier. Some were worse decisions than others.

I remember Arsenal fans going into uproar at the prospect of selling Joel Campbell after a decent World Cup with Costa Rica. We as fans aren't exactly great judges of when to move a player on either, to be fair. :lol:

Wenger's level of loyalty to his players was great in many ways but it also made him really reluctant to move players on, past the point of stubbornness in some cases.

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Great stuff from merson as always after we bought Partey Willian and Gabriel he tipped us finishing top 4 now we midtable after few games. Seem non of our ex players want us to succeed.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

It's easy in hindsight to say the club should have sold players earlier. Some were worse decisions than others.

I remember Arsenal fans going into uproar at the prospect of selling Joel Campbell after a decent World Cup with Costa Rica. We as fans aren't exactly great judges of when to move a player on either, to be fair. :lol:

I think the main one that the club made a huge error on was Alexis, he should have been sold to City the year before his deal was up. That was a no brainer as it was obvious that he wasn’t going to sign a new deal. We then panicked and took Mkhitaryan.

Also, Chambers when we were offered 20m and probably AMN (since he’s hardly playing) should have been sold too.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

Great stuff from merson as always after we bought Partey Willian and Gabriel he tipped us finishing top 4 now we midtable after few games. Seem non of our ex players want us to succeed.

I loved Merse as a player. He's an awful pundit though and seems a genuinely stupid person :lol:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I loved Merse as a player. He's an awful pundit though and seems a genuinely stupid person :lol:
He's been heavily complimentary of Arteta all summer, he's a joker.

It's his style though, he just says all sorts for shock value and I've noticed that with a lot of pundits.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

He's been heavily complimentary of Arteta all summer, he's a joker.

It's his style though, he just says all sorts for shock value and I've noticed that with a lot of pundits.

He's just a hot take merchant in general. Any of us on here could do the same job :lol:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

He thought we'd be top 4 because of the players we signed and changed his mind once he watched how we play. I mean I can't blame him we do look like a mid table team, I agree with what he's saying here.

Top Bottom