• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Would like to add it was open house under Emery, don’t think we have ever been so open under Wenger. We crumbled easily, but we did it the right way, missing 6 open chances in 14 minutes and getting KO’d by the first chance our opponents get on the break. What happened under Emery was a disgrace.

There were signs of a player revolt as well if we look close enough.

Yes Emery failed but I dont believe he is as bad as he was made out to be

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

There were signs of a player revolt as well if we look close enough.

Yes Emery failed but I dont believe he is as bad as he was made out to be
For me a player revolt makes it worse, he’s supposed to manage them right? What is he doing that so many are unhappy and even want to leave?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
For me a player revolt makes it worse, he’s supposed to manage them right? What is he doing that so many are unhappy and even want to leave?

Yeah that was a massive indictment on his managerial ability and he should be questioned for that.

Technically I think he would do well at a smaller club. Leicester, Wolves, Southampton are more his level if they were to lose their managers.

sykesy69

Question: When Emery (remember him) joined, the players closed down as a pack for a couple of games. Then it stopped. Forever.

Anyone recall how long it lasted for?
From what I remember, there never seemed to be an organisation of our press under Emery. Didn't seem to be set triggers, some players would press, some not, some players not in the correction position to cut off passing lanes, meaning our press was too easy to beat, which then exposed our defence he was trying to make solid after Wenger.

Seemed like he battled with implementing a press or trying to be solid, couldn't seem to marry the 2 and ended up going negative and defensive.

Arteta on the other hand in the space of what 5-6 days has managed to get the players to understand how to trap, press and create security at the back to press and counter press efficiently, which is remarkable to me as I initially thought with Emery it was something that required time to work on or the players we had were just incapable.

say yes

forum master baiter
To be fair to Emery, we were always good in big games under him last season...only lost once at home, his first game against City...smashed Sp**s, Chelsea and United...drew with Liverpool, in a match I feel we should have won...even away, the only time we got smashed was at Liverpool, the rest we performed quite well in.

Emery mainly struggled to impose us on smaller teams, and I believe Arteta will be more attack minded in these games, which will help us.
Think it’s still too early for a lot on here to be fair to Emery, but you’re right.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I don't read my inbox anymore so its always 0% death threats. How ever Jury asked me to go and kill my self once in the main forum and got away with it, can only assume the mods wanted it too so I count that as maybe 5 death threats.
I am against threatening anyone’s life.
And don’t follow any advice to kill yourself.
Just be positive.

It’s good to have you being around, it reminds me I am rather smart and not that average as a person.

Last edited:

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Trying to be optimistic! Tired of all the bad vibes! I want us and myself to be happy supporters for a change. It might backfire but for now I am going to jump on the bandwagon hard! :bounce:

Well said. A good dose of optimism is necessary in these troubled times.

Hopefully things click & we translate the new manager bounce into a positive run, otherwise, it'll prove to be another false dawn.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
To be fair to Emery, we were always good in big games under him last season...only lost once at home, his first game against City...smashed Sp**s, Chelsea and United...drew with Liverpool, in a match I feel we should have won...even away, the only time we got smashed was at Liverpool, the rest we performed quite well in.

Emery mainly struggled to impose us on smaller teams, and I believe Arteta will be more attack minded in these games, which will help us.

Nah, he was nothing special the big games.

Chelsea, United, and Sp**s should be dispatched by us most of the time at home.

Don't forget he got shafted by all three in the cups.

0-2 vs Sp**s
1-3 vs United
1-4 vs Chelsea

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
I think games like the 5-1 defeat to Liverpool (add in the 3-2 defeat to Southampton) prompted Emery to take a more cautious approach. The first game I remember us being really negative in was the 3-1 defeat to City, I remember feeling that it was a tad surprising because although I never had Emery down as the most attack minded coach it still seemed overly negative even for him. We stopped pressing and hunting in packs probably because he was fearful of us leaving too much space for the opposition to exploit. Funnily enough tho, although we kept a few clean sheets our defence didn't exactly improve that much when we went more cautious.

Also I don't think we can ignore the communication issues too, perhaps it's hard to get across to his players how to press in an organised and effective way when you can't communicate properly so in the end he just decided to not bother with it. But this is more speculation on my part.

The Huddersfield game was way before that City game. 9 defenders + Auba and Laca. Brighton away was a disgrace too with 3 DM's.

He died for me in the United away game, when he couldn't take advantage of the worst state they'd ever been on by being a complete coward.

It’s good to have you being around, it reminds me I am rather smart and not that average as a person.

:lol::lol::lol:

Its only football bro! At the end of the day I understand approximation methods like Density function theory and coupled cluster to solve Schrödinger equation for multi electron systems and most on here does not.

If you like to feel really smart we should remove the ban of Jury.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He died for me when he dropped below 5th, which is the spending position the board has invested in the squad.

Wenger achieved an average league position of 2.8 with 7 FA Cups over 22 years, spending way lower. What a manager? :lol:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Its only football bro! At the end of the day I understand approximation methods like Density function theory and coupled cluster to solve Schrödinger equation for multi electron systems and most on here does not.

That's a bit harsh, I do.:lol:

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
He died for me when he dropped below 5th, which is the spending position the board has invested in the squad.

Wenger achieved an average league position of 2.8 with 7 FA Cups over 22 years, spending way lower. What a manager? :lol:
Where do you get your squad cost figures?

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I know about Schrödinger’s cat, does that count?

Sydney-Gooner

Find yourself someone who loves you like @Makingtrax loves Wenger people <3

icon_suicide.gif

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom