• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Fergie was there too at one point, look what he did.

This is only the beginning of the Arteta era, everyone is just gonna have to get used to it :drool:

Exception, not the rule.

Also the game has changed. Even successful coaches don't stay long these days, unsuccessful ones certainly don't. You can't be waiting years without European football just for someone to maybe come good, there's too much money at stake these days.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Why? Partey can sit while Willock bombs forward a la Ramsey. Just because loserteta doesn't think of midfield combinations doesn't mean no one else can.

Willock doesn't have close to the technical maturity on the ball to play in a pivot in a top half table club, nor even a premier league club (plays in a diamond as the highest of the 4 with Newcastle...)

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Really? They were doing nothing throughout both legs.

Let's not forget if Ceballos doesn't make those two mistakes they don't score a goal...

You cant just constantly blame the manager like I can't constant just blame the players. Sometimes Arteta will make mistakes, whether that's with subs or team selection. However his coaching is fantastic. And over these two legs against benfica it was down to the players mistakes.
Of course Ceballos made a shocking mistake but that's all it takes when you start inviting pressure onto yourself which I can only assume is part of the tactics. Benfica where there for the taking at 1-0.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Ceballos made two shocking mistakes and Benfica scored from them without creating absolutely anything, we still win and people are bashing the manager...those are the kind of isolated mistakes that have sent Pep Guardiola out in recent years, impossible to control for from a managerial point of view.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The performance/result doesn't really change much, we were miles superior over two legs with a penalty and two costly Ceballos mistakes making it even a contest. But Benfica are a side we should be beating when comparing quality of the two sides.

Last 16 is going to be another make or break tie now. And it'll carry on this way until we're out or by some miracle win the thing.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Really? They were doing nothing throughout both legs.

Let's not forget if Ceballos doesn't make those two mistakes they don't score a goal...

You cant just constantly blame the manager like I can't constant just blame the players. Sometimes Arteta will make mistakes, whether that's with subs or team selection. However his coaching is fantastic. And over these two legs against benfica it was down to the players mistakes.

Please accept it's a results business, always has been, it's like that for every manager. Players can make individual errors or whatever and the coach gets sacked, that's the game.

We're not qualifying for Europe through the league, and on current form it's unlikely we'll win the EL.

We spent money in the summer to try to qualify for CL. If Arteta doesn't get us into Europe at all next season he has to be sacked. You gotta accept that.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Can see it now. We're gonna jam our way to winning the EL while coming 13th in the league. Arteta will have two trophies in two years and will sign an extension.

EL win would make it a successful season and best case scenario(back in cl) so that would be amazing, can't see it happening at all though.

39753990-9299125-image-a-24_1614252555038.jpg

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Please accept it's a results business, always has been, it's like that for every manager. Players can make individual errors or whatever and the coach gets sacked, that's the game.

We're not qualifying for Europe through the league, and on current form it's unlikely we'll win the EL.

We spent money in the summer to try to qualify for CL. If Arteta doesn't get us into Europe at all next season he has to be sacked. You gotta accept that.

He Will finish above 8th i know that much.

ScotsGooner89

Why are we not allowed to think Arteta clearly isn’t the man to take us forward? What evidence can people provide that he is an excellent coach? In the games we win we are being saved by individual brilliance (mainly saka).

My evidence for saying he is not the man for the job is we are going to finish lower in the league than we have ever done in my lifetime. We are not going to win any trophy’s to make up for that and will very likely have no European football next year for the first time god knows how long.

He makes baffling subs that not a single fan agrees with game after game and usually it has absolutely no affect. Even Willian today is an absolutely shocking sub, his assist doesn’t count as it was a simple pass to his FB, who did the rest.

He sets the team up to spam crosses then doesn’t think to bring on our best arial threat in Martinelli.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I really want Arteta to succeed here but even with the win I came away from the match with more doubts than answers.

I think to me it largely boils down to game management and being too negative and reactionary.

After we went 1-0 up we should have really gone for Benfica's throat, we could have put the tie to bed before HT. Yet we pretty much sat back, almost happy to take the 1-0 score line to HT. You deserve to get punished when you have that sort of mentality.

This season it's often felt to me that our main point of focus is to nullify the opponents as an attacking threat. Fair enough against the likes of Man City, who are just better than us man for man, but not against the likes of Benfica. It's way too timid. It happens in the league quite frequently too, and often against teams that man for man aren't as good as us.

We don't have the best squad in the world, fair enough, but offensively we've got some dangerous players in Auba, Saka, ESR, Ødegaard, KT etc. I want us to be setting the tone and tempo of most matches and taking it to the opposition. Make them worry about how we can hurt them rather than vice verse. I'm not saying we should neglect the defensive side or stop trying to nullify the opponents as an attacking threat, it's obviously important, but there's got to be a better balance struck. We're just too cautious.

Last edited:

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Why are we not allowed to think Arteta clearly isn’t the man to take us forward? What evidence can people provide that he is an excellent coach? In the games we win we are being saved by individual brilliance (mainly saka).

My evidence for saying he is not the man for the job is we are going to finish lower in the league than we have ever done in my lifetime. We are not going to win any trophy’s to make up for that and will very likely have no European football next year for the first time god knows how long.

He makes baffling subs that not a single fan agrees with game after game and usually it has absolutely no affect. Even Willian today is an absolutely shocking sub, his assist doesn’t count as it was a simple pass to his FB, who did the rest.

He sets the team up to spam crosses then doesn’t think to bring on our best arial threat in Martinelli.
When Emery was winning games committing football terrorism, no one here would shut up. But pretty boy gets a pass.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
After we went 1-0 up we should have really gone for Benfica's throat and we could have put the tie to bed before HT. Yet we pretty much sat back, almost happy to take the 1-0 score line to HT. You deserve to get punished when you have that sort of mentality.
The same approach was used by his master Pep in recent years with City. Every time he played against a decent team he would just go with this approach and got kicked out while looking like an idiot

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You can’t simply blame Ceballos for the position we were in. :lol:

Look at how we started, that’s on Arteta.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom