• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
It doesn’t matter where they come from as long as they can compete. Fabinho, Firminio, Matip came in and performed straight away.

A good player is a good player.

Luiz, Mustafi had PL experience and they both stink.

Go and do your homework. Fabinho didn't come in straight away and start every week. It took time.

Matip was a bit part player and until last season when he was partnered with VVD did he look good. He did a job but was far from convincing.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

He's blameless in this nightmare of a season & rightly will only be judged next season.

But, in the interim, there remains a lot of work to be done in terms of trimming the fat from this side.

To quote a disgruntled & technically inept radio operator : "We're a million miles from nowhere, man & it's going to get a hell of a lot worse before it gets better".

Get These Hands

Off of my purse !
I fear the initial enthusiasm and 'bounce' is starting to wear off and some of the usual suspects are falling back into complacency.

The squad needs a huge cull. Drain the swamp and start over. I don't think there is a single senior player in this squad who is irreplaceable.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Another season out the the CL is going to impact his budgets and player recruitment.

I doubt if we’re now able to attract guys who can offer something straight away. That Bruno Guimeres is the type who’ll need 2 years to adjust ffs coming from Brazil.

Manberg

Predator
I fear the initial enthusiasm and 'bounce' is starting to wear off and some of the usual suspects are falling back into complacency.

The squad needs a huge cull. Drain the swamp and start over. I don't think there is a single senior player in this squad who is irreplaceable.

I don't think we've had a bounce, not under Freddie or Arteta :lol:
As for a cull, that's easier said than done. Clearly they haven't been able to sell Mustafi this window. The links suggest they've tried.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Another season out the the CL is going to impact his budgets and player recruitment.

I doubt if we’re now able to attract guys who can offer something straight away. That Bruno Guimeres is the type who’ll need 2 years to adjust ffs coming from Brazil.

Targeting good players from Europa League level teams could be a good strategy for the summer imo. There are some players that I have my sights on that fit that bill, like Denis Zakaria from Mönchengladbach or Dominik Szoboszlai from Salzburg.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids

Nah Bruno Guimarães is good. He would adjust better than Martinelli.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
He'll never get anywhere with Torreira and Xhaka in midfield.

Need a massive upgrade

The main problem is playing Özil. He overwhelmed Torreira, Xhaka, Martinelli and Pepe today.

Needs to change to 4-3-3 with Ceballos, Guendouzi, Willock or whatever midfield instead of forward Özil. Of course Arsenal needs new midfielders too.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
The main problem is playing Özil. He overwhelmed Torreira, Xhaka, Martinelli and Pepe today.

Needs to change to 4-3-3 with Ceballos, Guendouzi, Willock or whatever midfield instead of forward Özil. Of course Arsenal needs new midfielders too.
One of the only correct calls Emery made was dropping Özil. Even a broken clock and all that.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I mean I may be wrong but I think really what people means is they wish we had someone better than Özil we could drop him for.

Who does Arteta play instead of Özil?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I mean I may be wrong but I think really what people means is they wish we had someone better than Özil we could drop him for.

Who does Arteta play instead of Özil?
If Arteta have good players they'll start them ahead of laca Özil xhaka at least plus maybe playing actual fullbacks and not 18 years old winger and AMN

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom