• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

They are taking everyone for fools. Don't blame them, they've been getting away with it for years.

The only way they can be happy with what's going on is if they think the team will drastically improve with top players (it will), but will they push the boat out to get these players? Not a chance.

It's embarassing they have the nerve to still charge people thousands of pounds for season tickets to watch these wastemen.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Doesn’t matter if you keep Arteta but how can you be “so happy with your manager”?

Makes you look like an idiot because you should at least want things to improve. Scary stuff :lol:
Well let's consider who we're talking about. You have Vinai who falls for fake Chinese companies, Edu the money launderer, Enos the mustachioed Robber Baron and Josh the overgrown trust fund brat. Not exactly a brain trust if we're honest.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I don't blame anyone for being Arteta out, but I'd give him the summer window.

Maybe I'm being naive thinking things can keep improving after some of our recent disappointing results. But I think we've had a marked improvement in style of play since the Chelsea game, tightened up at the back and been creating more chances. Most of our points dropped since then have been very unlucky and also think that dodgy red card at Wolves really killed the momentum of the team.

If we can sign a couple of decent players in key positions over summer and successfully integrate Saliba, I think we can get top 4 under Arteta.

* I will accept any accusations of blind optimism :lol:
You basically want to throw next season out of the window. So instead of next manager getting a full pre season. He will come in mid season and had a write off season. Many of us wanted Emery out that summer and felt there was no comeback. Arteta is in similar position. Except he has zero experience to fall back on to turn this around. You are right it’s blind optimism and to be Arteta in now one has to suspend all logic

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Neto takes on players with pace and power and BEATS THEM. Pepe doesn't take on players with pace and power, he's actually a top finisher but he has nothing on Neto in terms of dribbling and beating a man.

Also on Auba @Trilly bit of a weird comment because under Arteta Auba has been brilliant...
In France Pepe was a top 20 dribbler in all of Europe, he came to England and in his debut season was the 4th best dribbler in the league. You're literally making stuff up man. The stats are there, look them up.

Auba has not been brilliant, you said in hindsight he should have been sold? Why do you want a brilliant player sold?

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Doesn’t matter if you keep Arteta but how can you be “so happy with your manager”?

Makes you look like an idiot because you should at least want things to improve. Scary stuff :lol:
It's all bullshit. Heard the exact same thing with Emery just weeks before he was sacked

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I think our squad are a pretty meek bunch tbh, can't imagine too many rocking the boat...it's not like we have Henry, Bergkamp, Vieira and Lehmann in the current team.

All the youngsters are just happy to be playing at the moment, while pretty much all our senior players know when they leave us they will be heading downwards...so why would they kick off?

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arteta outers. Would we be in the top 4 with this team (That's on the basis that everyone in said team is fit for at least 3/4 of the season, meaning a full season of Partey etc) -

Leno
Hakimi - RCB - Gabriel - Tierney
Partey - Sabitzer
Saka - Ödegaard - Neto
Auba
Can't think of a RCB off the top of my head. But I'm pretty sure if we had Ödegaard/Partey for the entire season with a quality LW AND a good right back we'd be in the top 4.

Didn't you say we'd challenge for top four with Partey?
Some horrendous posting in this thread.

The end of the 2025/26 season it’ll be, I’m backing Arteta until he gets:

Casemiro Verratti
Saka Foden Grealish
Mbappe

:facepalm::facepalm:
Those two will come at least. A has been player in his 30s looking for a retirement package? Sign him up.

Iceman10

Established Member

Fabrizio Romano is relatively credible. The owners/board are the root problem, and this is their manager. They are not so much a problem money-wise, a lot has gone in to transfers and has been wasted, but they don’t really have much ambition, definitely not to get back into top 4 asap.

Malky

Established Member
Since Moyes has taken over at West Ham he’s got them from relegation zone to the top 4, while only having a net spend of around £30M. Meanwhile people on here claiming Arteta needs three summer windows and £500M to achieve that.
Every way you look at it the Arteta reign has been a failure - we’ve regressed since last season, we’re awful to watch, his signings have been poor ( with the exception of the odd games from Gabriel/Partey ) and he’s obsessed with playing bums like Willian over young players like Martinelli.

Preacher

Always Crying
Again. Tricky Micky is the luckiest mofo on the planet, that fans can't attend games. Majority of the media would do 180° on him.

Riou

Should have just kept Arsène tbh.

Since the issue was always mainly the board/structure of the club, were a good watch at least under him.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

They are taking everyone for fools. Don't blame them, they've been getting away with it for years.

The only way they can be happy with what's going on is if they think the team will drastically improve with top players (it will), but will they push the boat out to get these players? Not a chance.

It's embarassing they have the nerve to still charge people thousands of pounds for season tickets to watch these wastemen.
It’s so arrogant isn’t it. They are 10th in the league the fans are suffering and they just dismiss the fans. But as you say can you blame them? Our fans are so meek compared to other fans. Can you imagine a Liverpool board saying something like this even when they were average they spoke with pride

Riou

Thinking about it.

If Rodgers brought Kolo with him as his number 2, I would probably put up with all the bull-**** stuff he does.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Was listening to today’s Arseblog podcast and Philippe Auclair makes this very strange comment on the reasons why Arteta keeps playing Willian, despite him playing poorly for the whole season, but then goes on to say he cannot say what he thinks/understands to be the reason for it. The other guy also circles around the issue and says he will leave it to the listeners to interpret. Overall a very strange exchange. Does anyone know what Auclair might be eluding to? I am not in the weeds enough to know. Hope someone can shed some light on this!

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom