• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
HeftyClumsyAndalusianhorse-size_restricted.gif

Iceman10

Established Member
8th or below and no EL = sack. 7th or 6th is where the squad should be. I think this season has been like no other. I think we've been incredibly unlucky with injuries throughout. VAR decisions have gone against us more often than not as well.

Any normal season Mikel would be 4th or 5th.
Definitely looks like a shift from what you committed to earlier. You could just say he should get the sack if he fails to qualify for EL/CL football for next season, one way or the other. That would be pretty aligned with what I've had as pass/fail for him for this season.

Kav

Established Member
8th or below and no EL = sack. 7th or 6th is where the squad should be. I think this season has been like no other. I think we've been incredibly unlucky with injuries throughout. VAR decisions have gone against us more often than not as well.

Based on what? This is his first full season. He has not shown anything other than finishing 8th in a half season. So for you to state that he would finish x or y is truly stupefying.

The delusions are on full display.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
To be fair any Arsenal manager finishing below at the very least 6th should be getting sacked whether it happens to be Guardiola, Klopp, Arteta or whoever you want to name in charge. That in itself shows how far the club has fallen that we are even suggesting 6th as an acceptable finish. Europa is of course acceptable providing we build on it in the league next season which didn't happen after the FA Cup win..

The only way a finish as low as this could in some ways be acceptable is if we didn't spend big money and wages last summer and as a club decided to treat this year as a proper rebuilding year by blooding as much of our youth as possible, mixed in with some of the senior players we already had in the squad. Unfortunately nothing we have done this season has resembled anything like a "rebuilding season".

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Why does that matter at the end of the season? You think City care that they were sitting mid table at the early stages of the season?
They were midtable when they had that horrible run of 4 or 5 games where they were poor. But we've been in midtable/bottom half most of the season. How do you spin that?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Based on what? This is his first full season. He has not shown anything other than finishing 8th in a half season. So for you to state that he would finish x or y is truly stupefying.

The delusions are on full display.

We are 6 points, yes just 6 points behind 5th. Are you really going to sit there and tell me less individual errors and less poor VAR decisions against us wouldn't lead to at least 6 extra points this season?

It really is fascinating the slurry that just falls out of your mouth.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I dunno, I mean weren't we saying he was unlucky in the league last season too?

When our results turn on such a fine line at some point you've got to say our manager isn't doing enough so that we win consistently enough.

Arsenal4life14

We are 6 points, yes just 6 points behind 5th. Are you really going to sit there and tell me less individual errors and less poor VAR decisions against us wouldn't lead to at least 6 extra points this season?

Not to mention the dumb red cards some of our players have got this season as well leading to points dropped.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You can say that about every team in the league for **** sake.

Usually I'd agree but we are top of the list for VAR decisions against us and probably top of the list on individual errors as well. No team makes as many as us.

The football has been inconsistent and at times dire, but you can't just dismiss things because you dislike the manager. Not how it works.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Not to mention the dumb red cards some of our players have got this season as well leading to points dropped.

That comes under individual errors for me. But yes there was a point where we dropped 4 points against Burnley and Southampton due to red cards. Something completely avoidable and NOT down to the manager.

REWB

The fact he’s rushed Luiz back for a nothing game probably means no EL for us since he’s out and out our best defender and crucial to how we play football. Awful decision again.
He wasnt rushed back you Doughnut! He was seen as fully fit, and pick up an unfortunate injury. Today was the perfect game to play him in order to gain match fitness for the Villarreal game. Again unfortunately he got injured.

Kav

Established Member

Are you going to actually behave as if these factors you state only apply to Arsenal? Every other club can point to these things.

Also there is no way for you to quantify a 6 point swing. We judge things in what happened not on what ifs.

You should take a dose of reality. We are 9th and Villa has a game in hand.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Are you going to actually behave as if these factors you state only apply to Arsenal? Every other club can point to these things.

Also there is no way for you to quantify a 6 point swing. We judge things in what happened not on what ifs.

You should take a dose of reality. We are 9th and Villa has a game in hand.

Like I said, the factors don't just apply to Arsenal but you cannot deny we've been effected a lot more than most if not every team this season. And facts/stats on both matters back that up.

ScotsGooner89

Laughable that anyone says our squad should be finishing 7th. 90% of this forum had hopes of top 4 at start of season.

It’s noones fault but Arteta’s that our players seem to have fallen off a cliff so much that we are now saying the squad is 7th/8th.

I would probably take Leicester’s squad over ours just now but only if Rodgers came with the swap. We should be finishing 5th in this league and be talking about how to wisely invest to get back into top 4.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom