• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Maybe not relegation but surely midtable mediocrity at least. There's so many parallels, though: Inability in all staff positions, bad manager choices, ill wasted money, delusion of grandeur, calculating with and hoping for intl footie before you've done anything, etc.
This. Of all those, 'delusions of grandeur' has been at the heart of Arsenal's problems. The irony is that it was Arsène himself who gave the fans a false understanding of the clubs real position in the league and the ability of the board to manage 'anything' after he'd gone.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
who gives a toss what anyone on here thought about the hiring of Arteta - point scoring is a pointless exercise outside the PL, where we have failed miserably

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Obviously not, but the top 4 shows squad improvement, and it can improve further there after. I refuse to believe the recruitment is the reason we're 10th and out the Europa league to scrubs.
I would say this squad is like 6-7th place material, manager decisions make it 10-12th.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
This. Of all those, 'delusions of grandeur' has been at the heart of Arsenal's problems. The irony is that it was Arsène himself who gave the fans a false understanding of the clubs real position in the league and the ability of the board to manage 'anything' after he'd gone.

I'm pretty disgusted you're using this situation to push your Arsène agenda. Can you not just give it a rest? Or maybe leave it to the Arsène related threads? Its boring now.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Yes that ball goes in and we go through. But scraping past rubbish teams to get to a final, to me means f*ck all. Nearly every game we've played this season has been rubbish.
Jep he doesn’t get it. It’s not a different world if we win that game, we would still be embarassed by United. Its the way we went out, players look like they don’t know what to do, the same stupid subs in the home and away game. Failing to act in time to turn it around. That doesn’t go away with 1 goal.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I fully expect Arteta to be manager next season but you've got to try to be objective as a fan even with your biases and I'm quite fond of Mikel. It wasn't the defeat that hurt so much as the manner of it. It was flaccid and lifeless.

I don't think Arteta is going but if he does get relieved of his position you can't argue against it. Midtable in the PL and no European success / CL qualifications is not acceptable.

Very poor season all in all.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He's not Mike Bassett then...

He's that "I'm Sorry" guy from South Park :lol:

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

GoonerJay24

Looking back at this season I just feel one of his biggest weaknesses is discipline. Look how many player's have received red cards during his tenure. Then you hear stories like Aubamayang regularly arriving late.

He's not Arsenal's biggest problem but clearly out of his depth.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
You'll be shocked after 6 months when the new man comes in and the same players are stinking the place out.
If the new man takes over at the start of next season and doesn't improved on 10th he will be getting the same as Mikel has recieved. I'm consistent with my view. Each manager regardless of looks or where he came from will get the same.

Next manager has to have us 5th/6th/7th. Simple as. Year after that stable 5th or 6th with a push to 4th maybe coming short. That isn't unrealistic.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom