• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Elite goal scorer if not footballer. 150 goals for Dortmund and Arsenal in 210 games.

Think he has to be carried a bit too much to be elite for me...you look at Thierry who could score buckets of goals, but could also actually do stuff when not just trying to score...Auba is too similar to Walcott in playstyle.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Think he has to be carried a bit too much to be elite for me...you look at Thierry who could score buckets of goals, but could also actually do stuff when not just trying to score...Auba is too similar to Walcott in playstyle.
Yeah when you compare him to Suarez, Diego Costa, RvP, Rooney, Benzema etc he’s miles off in terms of ability.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Yeah when you compare him to Suarez, Diego Costa, RvP, Rooney, Benzema etc he’s miles off in terms of ability.
Rather him instead of most of those names tbh, if not all of them.
He was tracking back and clearing balls from our box after scoring 2 just last week what else does he need to do I’m kinda confused.

World class in my book. Produces the goods regardless of whatever the rest of these man are doing.

There will never be another Henry and just because playmaking CF’s are en vogue does not mean you have marginalise a clearly elite striker.

GDeep™

League is very weak
What’s there to slate anyway? I think the squad is playing to it’s capabilities. Unbeaten this year, even last night Auba should’ve scored late on.

I mean the squad is dreadful yet still grinding out results.

The real struggle will be next season, mark my words, you ain’t seen nothing yet.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Rather him instead of most of those names tbh, if not all of them.
He was tracking back and clearing balls from our box after scoring 2 just last week what else does he need to do I’m kinda confused.

World class in my book.
All the above score as much him but offer more too, complete footballers.

Auba can’t even run with a ball, ****ing donkey.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

A decent man with good character but ultimately very average. He was average as an Arsenal player & anyone who expected he would be anything more than an average manager, who seemed to benefit from amazing PR due to working as Pep's assistant, now have to accept that their delusions were unfounded.

GDeep™

League is very weak
A decent man with good character but ultimately very average. He was average as an Arsenal player & anyone who expected he would be anything more than an average manager, who seemed to benefit from amazing PR due to working as Pep's assistant, now have to accept that their delusions were unfounded.

Bit harsh, he was a very good midfielder for us, and he’s done well as manager, got as much as he can from these players.

We don’t have one good defender at the club.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Feels like the first real setback. We have been slowly but surely improving but this game we took a couple of steps back. We seemed clueless in attack but more concerning we were comical at defending set pieces again, something which needs to be sorted out asap.

We have somehow managed to turn our biggest strength (not conceding many from corners) into our biggest weakness. We haven't actually conceded any goal from open play in the last 5 matches. We let in 4 from set pieces in last 2 games. In fact last 7 goals we conceded 6 have come from set pieces.

Can anyone explain what has changed?

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Bit harsh, he was a very good midfielder for us, and he’s done well as manager, got as much as he can from these players.

We don’t have one good defender at the club.

In retrospect, I might have been a tad harsh, but passions are running high at the moment & it's certainly not helped by the general apathy of the board. If anything, it's starting to infect the supporters.

Another season like this & the Emirates won't be as full as Highbury was back in the day.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Wow. He has had 1 winter window. No preseason. Got in mid season and has to work with whatever he has. Way too early to judge him.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Wow. He has had 1 winter window. No preseason. Got in mid season and has to work with whatever he has. Way too early to judge him.
I would honestly not engage posts like that, very obviously an emotional response.

I think it's easy for many of us to forget how inexperienced Arteta is at this level of management. He is completely in charge of a first team squad for the first time. There will be a learning curve. So far, I think his tactics and use of the players at his disposal has been mostly very good and mitigated our slump this year. That said, I agree that some of his selections need work and perhaps needs less overreliance on particular personnel (namely Özil and Lacazette who've worked hard but not produced anywhere near enough). One of his better changes was bringing Nketiah in IMO - he's not been perfect but he's been involved in some of our better attacking performances under Arteta so far. We need more inspired changes like that, and I hope Arteta does this a lot more.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I was so angry last night, with Arteta included and I believe he did make errors which didn't help matters. But it's still the same squad who failed Emery, Freddie and some of the same players still here who failed Wenger. We need better quality in, we need a top CB in their prime, we need another more mobile athletic midfielder who also has technical attributes, sick of it being either or. A left winger is a must, we basically haven't replaced Alexis since he left. A RB could now be seen as a priority, I remember a few of us wanted AWB last summer and we were seen as mad for wanting another RB (whether or not AWB would have been good enough is a different matter, tho still better than the current Bellerin). Then there's the Auba situation to sort out.

We could have any manager in the world and they'd still struggle and face these issues, maybe there'd be varying degrees of success, maybe we would have gotten a better new manager bounce with a different manager but in the end some of these players will cost you games and points eventually.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Harsh learning experience.

Has to drop Lacazette for a while now though, needs to put Auba center and has to rethink other aspects of our team like Bellerin (AMN or try Soares) or Luiz (Mari). Tierney needs to come in and perform as well. Saka should be a winger and focused on that.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Some of the best managers past and present were unremarkable players actually. If anything it makes them better, cause look at Henry, he sucks and he’s a ledge.

Arteta could be a great manager one day, he deserves credit getting anything out of these lot.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Some of the best managers past and present were unremarkable players actually. If anything it makes them better, cause look at Henry, he sucks and he’s a ledge.

Arteta could be a great manager one day, he deserves credit getting anything out of these lot.

Wasn't Wenger at very mediocre fullback at best?

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom