• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I mean there's a reason Guendouzi is bouncing around clubs like Hertha and Marseille and it's not because due to lack of ability.

Remember loads of Arsenal fans thinking he'd be getting picked up by an elite club for an elite fee when he was made available for transfer. This sort of stuff is why no big club was interested in buying him.

Marseille are the biggest club in France.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
I find his antics on the sideline funny. I think it says more about him than anything else. There is no way the players are capable of ingesting a lot of what he is trying to communicate at that time; I think itis more about his own nervous energy and trying to alleviate that during matches.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I find his antics on the sideline funny. I think it says more about him than anything else. There is no way the players are capable of ingesting a lot of what he is trying to communicate at that time; I think itis more about his own nervous energy and trying to alleviate that during matches.

He's doing a lot of pointing and hand gestures, there's no way on earth the players are passing any remarks of most of it. It's just not possible unless you're not completely focused on the game. But how can you be focused with your head constantly on a swivel to see what stupid hand gesture Arteta is making.

And I agree, it does come across as nervous energy, he isn't relaxed at all. Even his celebrations seemed that someone who had a massive pressure taken away from him. I'm not gonna say they were over the top but they were very animated and I think it's a clear indicator that he may have really been feeling the pressure and those 3 goals where a massive relief to him.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Maybe if he could consolidate his position and get far more consistent good results we will see far less antics on the sideline.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Marseille are the biggest club in France.

Maybe in terms of fanbase size, though I'd say that's pretty debatable with PSG being the club they are now.

In terms of on field they're way off in the modern era though. 2 League titles in the past 30 years isn't impressive really.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I have to admit this is image is pretty funny/fantastic:

0_GettyImages-1342809969.jpg

As for his antics...I dunno. I find the incessant instructions quite annoying but then didn't a lot of people say Wenger needed to do/show more on the sideline.

Maybe it's a situation of one bad extreme to another?

Personally it's not really the worst thing about his management and it doesn't bother me that much. Tbh, if he starts getting results then I don't think anyone will care.

The more pertinent question is will he start getting the results? We'll see.

Last edited:

Melquiades

I don't think the endless sideline antics are the best look or provide the picture of leadership I'd like to be seeing from the manager. And I can't imagine the players love it.

I'll give him a pass on the reaction to the goals last weekend though. Love him or hate him, he's doubtless been working very hard and feeling a ton of pressure and the feeling of relief that came with that ****kicking must have been incredible. If he's celebrating a 1-0 goal against Norwich the same way ... calm down, son.

TriniGunner

He's doing a lot of pointing and hand gestures, there's no way on earth the players are passing any remarks of most of it. It's just not possible unless you're not completely focused on the game. But how can you be focused with your head constantly on a swivel to see what stupid hand gesture Arteta is making.

And I agree, it does come across as nervous energy, he isn't relaxed at all. Even his celebrations seemed that someone who had a massive pressure taken away from him. I'm not gonna say they were over the top but they were very animated and I think it's a clear indicator that he may have really been feeling the pressure and those 3 goals where a massive relief to him.

Wenger seldom did those things because he knew he had highly technical players and also gave them the leeway to make decisions during games. It was his gift and curse. However, I think to some extent during Wenger's final years, our team was clearly poorly coached.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
People complaining about his celebrations now?? 🥴

People psycho-analysing this like they really have a clue whether being vocal and active on the touch line really makes any difference whatsoever to the players. You know if he was standing there passively there would be an equal number of posts criticising him for not being more shouty (see recent Leno/Ramsdale thread for example).

It's all about results. That's what Arteta gets judged on. They're good, we love him, if they are bad and suddenly all the decisions look awful.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

People psycho-analysing this like they really have a clue whether being vocal and active on the touch line really makes any difference whatsoever to the players. You know if he was standing there passively there would be an equal number of posts criticising him for not being more shouty (see recent Leno/Ramsdale thread for example).

It's all about results. That's what Arteta gets judged on. They're good, we love him, if they are bad and suddenly all the decisions look awful.

Your last paragraph isn’t true. We won a north London derby with him and he got loads of hate. He’s finished.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Your last paragraph isn’t true. We won a north London derby with him and he got loads of hate. He’s finished.
I was actually pleasantly surprised at the reaction on here tbh. Yes a few die hard Arteta outs have been saying "it's only one game" and that sort of thing. To be fair, they are absolutely right about that. Most people here have been buzzing about the performance and willing to give credit to Arteta even though they have doubts about him. If he gets 8 or 9 points from the next four matches then I think he'll have won some time and patience from most of us.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
I was actually pleasantly surprised at the reaction on here tbh. Yes a few die hard Arteta outs have been saying "it's only one game" and that sort of thing. To be fair, they are absolutely right about that. Most people here have been buzzing about the performance and willing to give credit to Arteta even though they have doubts about him. If he gets 8 or 9 points from the next four matches then I think he'll have won some time and patience from most of us.
Yeah, I gotta admit, I was positively surprised, even some of the most rabid mouth foamers had some moderately positive comments.

Hopefully they apologise for the hate--which is even a euphemism in this case--they showed to him just a few weeks ago when they come to realise he is in fact Arteta, The Basque God. 🤪 :thumbsup:

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
At the end of the day Pep would look be perceived as an idiot by most football fans with all his gesticulating and over the top behaviour if he wasn't getting the results.

Arteta needs to push on results and performance and he can wave his hands about as much as he wants or give instructions till his voice is raw for all I care, as long as we're performing well.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, I gotta admit, I was positively surprised, even some of the most rabid mouth foamers had some moderately positive comments.

Hopefully they apologise for the hate--which is even a euphemism in this case--they showed to him just a few weeks ago when they come to realise he is in fact Arteta, The Basque God. 🤪 :thumbsup:

Why didn’t you apologise to poor Unai after he won Villarreal’s first ever European honours beating two massive favourites?

La Cabra.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Imagine twerking for Arteta after a few W’s against some dreadful teams and calling people out on here like he’s won a Champions League, Olympic Gold and Ryder Cup simultaneously.

Aren’t we still 10th in the league, so should we really be celebrating? It remains to be seen whether he can carry this on but we have nothing to brag about especially with our disastrous end to last season and completely missing out on European football.

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom