• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Maybe this is blasphemy but I wouldn't put Arsène down as a great tactician. He was good in that respect, but too rigid to be considered great.
To be honest I wouldn't put Fergie down as a great tactician either.
Sighing Sigh GIF by Joey Bada$$

This forum is horrible. I came in here to say “wow this is some unbeaten run that Arteta is putting together” but now I don’t even want to, Arteta can do one.

• Funny
Reactions: Kav

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Other than subs, no other complaints. Decent win. Onto next round. Continuing the unbeaten run
8 games undefeated. 6 wins & 5 clean sheets.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

This forum is horrible. I came in here to say “wow this is some unbeaten run that Arteta is putting together” but now I don’t even want to, Arteta can do one.
🤣🤣🤣

He made a good point tbf, just with an opening sentence that would get him in big, big trouble. I don’t agree but I wouldn’t rubbish the post either.

Better than the masses of people on here who talk **** with no real logic or evidence behind jt.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Lacazette has played in that position several times before, he doesnt have to be tried there.
Might just have decided that he was the best player for stability given that there was no other player that could play the position and a 2-0 lead is never an assured win and ESR needed a rest.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Happy with the win tonight as I'd like to see us go fairly deep in the domestic cups with no European football.

I thought Arteta was okay today, not good, not poor, just fine.

I'm happy with our recent results but it has a bit of the Emery's 20 odd match undefeated streak about it to me. You're happy with the results but you kind of feel we maybe didn't deserve some of the good results.

Arteta's still got major work to do to change a lot of our opinions on him I think. Results are acceptable currently but performances need to match them, that's where he's lagging behind.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I think having 5 subs, worried him.

If he was only allowed 3, I reckon he would have picked...3 experienced players, with 3 youngsters (plus Ramsdale) then make the subs depending on how the game is going.

He's weird with young players...if you can get into his good books, he will heavily back you...but good luck getting into that book in the first place, as he will rarely if ever play you :lol:

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

To be fair most of that post was me lauding Arsène as a footballing genius.

I just though he was a good rather than great tactician. It's fairly mild criticism 😁

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

He should have subbed Balogun for Nketiah at the same time when Holding was subbed, because the last sub couldn't be used anymore. I don't understand why he didn't, as Nketiah was too tired to press much.

He really needs to get our corners straight, with enough people defending afterwards. Against better teams we would have been behind in the first half.

Second half was very dominant from us, but also showed how Leeds didn't have much quality on the bench.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

Was half joking bro :lol:

You made sense dw.

I thought the Pepe criticisms on here might have tipped you over the edge, bro 😁

I'm not a massive fan of his but even I'm becoming more sympathetic to your stance on him with the over the top stick he gets.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Maybe this is blasphemy but I wouldn't put Arsène down as a great tactician. He was good in that respect, but too rigid to be considered great.
To be honest I wouldn't put Fergie down as a great tactician either.

Wenger's superpower was big picture development of talent and engineering a level of self belief in players, that frankly he had no right to do. In that respect he was a bonafide genius.

Different eras and different types of personalities but Arsène is in the Clough category for me. They intrinsically understood how to motivate footballers and allow the players themselves to reach their full potential.

That last point is where Arteta falls down currently. It would be hard to argue he's maximising the potential of 5 players in the squad at the moment. Wenger would do it for 90% of his squad in his pomp.
'Thoughts on the failings of great managers'
by football expert
Blood on the Tracks.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

He should have subbed Balogun for Nketiah at the same time when Holding was subbed, because the last sub couldn't be used anymore. I don't understand why he didn't, as Nketiah was too tired to press much.

He really needs to get our corners straight, with enough people defending afterwards. Against better teams we would have been behind in the first half.

Second half was very dominant from us, but also showed how Leeds didn't have much quality on the bench.

Good post.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

I thought the Pepe criticisms on here might have tipped you over the edge, bro 😁

I'm not a massive fan of his but even I'm becoming more sympathetic to your stance on him with the over the top stick he gets.
The Pepe stuff is mostly banter between those who know, I'm just theatrical for laughs- I think he's good but those who don't that's fine.

My Arteta anguish is no joke however, I'm not with it. I've not genuinely not watched a match since the Sp**s win as for me it's eerily similar to that Chelsea win last season. If we're not losing and I am still not buying into it then in all honesty I just need to step away.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

Marco van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom