• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We have a Ferrari and we're asking it to do the job of a delivery van.

It's positive that Auba is busting a gut for this guy, but the cost of it is that ESR and Saka just don't have enough goals in them yet (maybe ever?) and it's not fair to put this burden on them this early into their careers.

Auba being called a "diva" by the press in Germany, when we were signing him, is one of the strangest things ever to me...he's like one of the nicest guys to ever play for us.

They were acting like we were getting another Adebayor like figure, but we basically got another Santi...he's everyone's best friend at the club, always seems to try and help the young players, happy to do work on the pitch to benefit the team etc.

Did they really think he was a diva, just because he was a rich guy that likes to buy expensive cars :lol:

Riou

Thierry is perfectly justified to be Arteta Out, tbh.

If Arsenal were gonna ever take a random punt on an ex player, with little to no experience in management, it should have been a legend of the club like him or Vieira...rather than some a good player for us, but ultimately one not on their level...just because Pep give him a recommendation.

Though I could do without The King referring to Gerrard as "Stevie G", you are better than that Thierry :lol:

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Thierry is perfectly justified to be Arteta Out, tbh.

If Arsenal were gonna ever take a random punt on an ex player, with little to no experience in management, it should have been a legend of the club like him or Vieira...rather than some a good player for us, but ultimately one not on their level...just because Pep give him a recommendation.

Though I could do without The King referring to Gerrard as "Stevie G", you are better than that Thierry :lol:

Whenever someone tries this Stevie G thing:

30 Rock Fellow Kids GIF by PeacockTV

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
This is why we need him to get Top Four with less points, tbh.

Arsenal are back in the Champions League, plus it proves we were right about the league not being any stronger than it was in the past...win-win!
Some people are far too concerned with trying to prove themselves 'right' than actually facing facts.

Fact is we have not been a top 4 club for 5 seasons under 3 different managers because the league is a lot tougher.

These are the only 'Points' you need to accept dear boy. 😛

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Our defence is definitely better than when we had Mustafi in it...for one, we don't have Mustafi in it anymore!

Sewer we let in about 60 league goals in Emery's first season?

The defence now is like the one in 2013-2014 under Arsène...very good, but will get beaten by the title contending teams ..which is fine, as Champions League qualification is our aim not the league itself.
Yeah sometimes it is subtraction by addition Mustafi was horrific. The criticism we get smashed by big teams is fair but like you said we need to beat the teams fighting for Europe not the 3 teams that are the class of Europe right now. We are behind those 3 both in class abut especially in experience there will be growing pains with the youngest team in league

Farzad Stoned

It's not about how many goals you let in though, points are about loses draws and wins. You can afford to let in a few more goals if your team is further up the pitch and scoring a lot more.

Currently Arteta is on course for more losses and fewer points than Unai's season with all those players who supposedly needed a rebuild.
Why do you compare him to Unai’s first season or Wenger 2015? He was brought in after Unai’s much worse second season, and Arteta didn’t succeed Wenger in 2015/2016. We were awful and the players revolted in Unai’s second season. By the way I actually thought a manager and individual of his quality we maybe should of waited a bit more with him as well. In general there is too much microwave culture now it took Ferguson till year 4 to win his first trophy no way he would of survived at United with this Onlyfans/Instagram/TikTok culture.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Why do you compare him to Unai’s first season or Wenger 2015? He was brought in after Unai’s much worse second season, and Arteta didn’t succeed Wenger in 2015/2016. We were awful and the players revolted in Unai’s second season. By the way I actually thought a manager and individual of his quality we maybe should of waited a bit more with him as well. In general there is too much microwave culture now it took Ferguson till year 4 to win his first trophy no way he would of survived at United with this Onlyfans/Instagram/TikTok culture.
Fergie was a successful manager who’d won the European cup, he wasn’t learning on the job. Perhaps worth the wait in his case. It might be worth the wait in Arteta’s case, there are some signs now, but nothing to justify the PR on the internet and some of the excessive posting on here.

Farzad Stoned

There's nothing wrong saying the defense has improved, it better after spending all our budget on it.

Arteta should get credit for that, we defend better as a unit and always seem to be able to clear and cover if a defender is beaten and I've noticed a lot of second balls consistently going out way.

Thats not just down to quality, but to coaching.

Having said that, it has come to the detriment of our midfield and attack. We just simply don't pass the ball enough or string enough passes in a dynamic manner and it's quite appalling given thst the technical level of the side has risen a lot.

This team is super risk averse and will remain so and as I've said before, whoever Mikel sees as our ideal striker isn't really on our price bracket, meaning we have to go a step or two lower and that won't fix the problem that this team doesn't have a lot of goals in it if Auba continues to be played like he has or Pepe continues to ride the bench.
Auba has played the worst of his career since he signed, it has nothing to do with Arteta him missing sitters or robbing aide of a goal. Did ge changed the way he he set him up in the first half season he managed him because Auba put the team in his back and was phenomenal in that cup run in Arteta’s first half season.

Farzad Stoned

Fergie was a successful manager who’d won the European cup, he wasn’t learning on the job. Perhaps worth the wait in his case. It might be worth the wait in Arteta’s case, there are some signs now, but nothing to justify the PR on the internet and some of the excessive posting on here.
Fergie was less accomplished than Emery when Fergie first got the United job. And the last few games of Unai’s Arsenal career the team was getting worse, I myself would probably of held off till end of the year. I think it’s all down to what we do this year I’ll support him getting axed full heartedly if he doesn’t do something we can all be happy for with this team by end of season

Riou

The FA cup win was brilliant, but that was mainly just putting out the fires of the end of Emery's tenure.

This is the first time Arteta is doing well, with his own team...long way to go (and skepticism can't be ignored, considering how poor last season was) but feel since the Norwich game, things are at least encouraging again.

Farzad Stoned

The FA cup win was brilliant, but that was mainly just putting out the fires of the end of Emery's tenure.

This is the first time Arteta is doing well, with his own team...long way to go (and skepticism can't be ignored, considering how poor last season was) but feel since the Norwich game, things are at least encouraging again.
My point there is that Auba was great for Arteta that half season, so his lack of form is not on Mikel, he signed the big deal and had a number of health and personal problems all at once. I think a portion not all of the blame for our attack is because really no one thought he would fall off this much

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Can't believe Henry is talking like one of the A-M elites. My legend!

People have to understand he's coming from a time when there was standards at Arsenal. He probably can't wrap his around the idea that 6th place will be acceptable and that getting battered by Liverpool should be something that's just swept aside.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Auba has played the worst of his career since he signed, it has nothing to do with Arteta him missing sitters or robbing aide of a goal. Did ge changed the way he he set him up in the first half season he managed him because Auba put the team in his back and was phenomenal in that cup run in Arteta’s first half season.

It has literally everything to do with Arteta. We've quite simply changed everything about how we set up on the attack and Auba was massively outperforming his xG with both Emery and Arteta.

As soon as the chances dried up, so did his contributions.

The man is not a creator, he doesn't bring others into play that much, what he has is pace and most importantly, movement. Artera is asking an elite goalscorer to play in a way he literally has never done so his entire career.

If the plan was not to have him on the end of chances and constantly on the shoulder of the oppositions fullbacks and CBS, there's literally no point in renewing him and that also falls on the manager and club.

Arsenal Quotes

At some clubs success is accidental. At Arsenal it is compulsory.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom