• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

GDeep™

League is very weak

Think Arteta personally wants him to extend
Plan will be for him to extend, and then eventually convince him to join in summer 2021.

A good season for him in 2021 could mean Real want him back though, especially if they get new management.

GunnerShy

Plan will be for him to extend, and then eventually convince him to join in summer 2021.

A good season for him in 2021 could mean Real want him back though, especially if they get new management.
It potentially suits all parties for him to extend his loan deal for another season. If we lost Guendouzi and gained Partey we'd still be potentially light in midfield without him

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

I think he has a great incentive to be at Arsenal next summer.

He desperately wants to be part of the Spanish NT squad for the Euro 21. Something that will be impossible of he stays in Madrid.

You're right. We'll extend the loan and then make the deal permanent next summer.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I’m totally invested again btw, excited about our games, watching on the edge of my seat, nerves/excitement etc. Think Arteta has totally transformed the club and team.

Still early days, so we’re going to continue seeing some growing pains, tonight might be one even, but it feels we’re back on the track atleast.

Again, credit to people like Raul for having the balls to appoint a total newbie like Arteta.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
No matter the outcome today, Arteta is doing a better job already. We could've been 3 or 4 up at this point, while under Emery we'd concede 24 shots and afterwards claim we played well and according to plan.

Keplaz

No matter the outcome today, Arteta is doing a better job already. We could've been 3 or 4 up at this point, while under Emery we'd concede 24 shots and afterwards claim we played well and according to plan.
Maybe conceding all those shots was the plan. Ever heard of rope a dope?

say yes

forum master baiter
Who do you reckon the lack of fans helps most now we’re down to 10 men?

Out lot might be less nervous, but also less fire in the bones when they need a big 10 minute effort.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
See, this is the kind of bullshit I can't get past and people tell me I'm not giving Arteta enough time, yet it's been 16 ****ing games and this clown still hasn't managed to do something about us going AWOL in the second half.

Then there are his subs, which leaves one scratching his head.
Laca was playing well, getting chances and looked like he really wanted to score and Arteta had to ruin the mojo to bring on Eddie.

I mean, what the actual ****? Are you blind to what's happening on the pitch? Don't you see who's having a good game and who isn't?
How can people here expect me to back up this guy when he watches his team every game lose focus in the second half and does nothing?

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

See, this is the kind of bullshit I can't get past and people tell me I'm not giving Arteta enough time, yet it's been 16 ****ing games and this clown still hasn't managed to do something about us going AWOL in the second half.

Laca was playing well, getting chances and looked like he really wanted to score and Arteta had to ruin the mojo to bring on Eddie.

I mean, what the actual ****? Are you blind to what's happening on the pitch? Don't you see who's having a good game and who isn't?
How can people here expect me to back up this guy when he watches his team every game lose focus in the second half and does nothing?

Eh? These players have had over 3 months off playing football and are now playing with a hell of a lot more intensity than they have before, non of these players are used to it and we're playing 3 f*cking games a week.

Lacazette missed so many sitters ffs. Honestly how can you say all that with your chest and not feel embarrassed?

sdotzdot

Established Member
He’s been cautious because we’re in absolute turmoil and need stability. Much rather him build it from the back and take it from there.

sdotzdot

Established Member
He has my complete backing, his actions off the pitch tell me he’s here to focus on getting rid of the long term problems at Arsenal. The good football and results will take time to flow in.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Lacazette had run his arse off for 70 minutes and we need our striker to press from the front. It was an obvious substitution to make. Arteta has no control over Nketiah’s lack of thought once he’s on the pitch.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

First stint was put down to fitness levels post Emery.

Now it’s clearly the time off and playing so often. Not really a valid criticism of Arteta yet.

Manberg

Predator
Tactics were right again. I don’t see the problems with the subs. People on AM were criticising subs in previous games who went on to score. Arteta knows what he’s doing.

The unreal first half from him today. Could have scored 3-4 goals if we finished our chances better.

We dropped off in the second half but even before the red card it never felt that Leicester would score. If anything it felt that Willock and Nketiah would bring on much-needed energy to get back into the game and get another goal! But then red card happened and we failed to respond correctly to that.

We keep moving and we keep improving under Arteta! A lot of good things to take from this game!

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Everything was going fine, our #9 couldn't finish some chances we made for him, then had to play with 10 men as we lost control. The 2nd half performances, I wouldn't worry about too much at this stage, if it's still a thing when we're not playing every few days I'd be more worried.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We were the better team today. Unfortunate the way we let that slip. I think this game is further evidence we need another forward. We had to get that second and kill the game.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom