• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Imagine calling yourself rational and laugh at people who are excited about club trying to get out of this mess

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

The biggest positive for me from the press conference, was how confident he sounded...considering this is his first ever management role, managing a team as massive as The Arsenal, and that was his first ever time speaking to the press as a coach too...he didn’t even sound slightly nervous, exuded authority...like he had been doing this for years.

You could tell he really wanted to be our head coach, but it wasn’t ‘I wanted this job and I feel lucky to be here’, but more ‘I wanted this job and I deserve to be here’...gives me confidence he can lead a dressing room, have the balls to stand up/sell big name players, and convince the players to believe in him.

Think he will be a great manager.

Not first time, Arteta isn't a virgin. :)

"Guardiola must serve a touchline ban during Wednesday’s Group F opener versus Lyon at the Etihad Stadium as a result of his sending-off in last season’s quarter-final against Liverpool.

That will leave Arteta to direct affairs from the bench and the Spaniard was given chance to warm up for managerial responsibilities as Guardiola asked him to carry out the pre-match press conference."

https://www.eurosport.com/football/...spended-boss-guardiola_sto6937522/story.shtml

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

We get to be positive as arsenal fans about once every 3 years. We know it’ll be over when the actual football starts might as well try. Cheer up people :rolleyes:

drippin

someone is upset that he wasn't considered for the Arsenal job lmao

The tw*t got even that wrong. Arteta has lost against Lyon 1-2 with City when Pep was suspended. So according to Mourinho he is totally qualified. :lol: Maybe he didn't mean Arteta..haha.

Reactions: A_G

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
the biggest thing we learned yesterday was how right the board were to insist on fluent English from their new head coach - it might not lead to better results on the pitch, but Arteta's words have convinced a large portion of the fan base that better times are ahead, and surely must inspire those players who are capable of responding positively

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I know what you mean but what’s wrong with enjoying the presser and his words for a few hours? After 24 hours the presser is forgotten and we’re back to the grim reality of this season, because even with a new manager it’s going to be a big rebuild with many more defeats and beatings to come this season.

Nothing wrong with abit of hope and positivity. I didn’t watch the Emery stuff, couldn’t understand his words or message.

Because people in this thread are saying things like ‘Arteta is the guy that will fix our midfield’ ‘he commands so much respect’ blah blah. It’s like when people say Tierney was an amazing signing. No one knows any of this it’s just conjecture born from misplaced optimism, nothing wrong with being excited just stop making things up to be excited about.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Because people in this thread are saying things like ‘Arteta is the guy that will fix our defence’ ‘he commands so much respect’ blah blah. It’s like when people say Tierney was an amazing signing. No one knows any of this it’s just conjecture born from misplaced optimism, nothing wrong with being excited just stop making things up to be excited about.

Spreading dem W's, as per

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I can’t link it but what he said about what he wants from the players today is promising.

Tumblin'Dice

Hates Reddit
The most impressive part of Mikel Arteta's press conference

Whether or not he turns out to be a decent manager remains to be seem, but at the very least HE GETS IT!

Perfect answer.

Moah

Seeing the first pictures of him as manager, it's amazing what cameramen convince you to do. WTF is it about standing in the goal and taking his pic from behind the goal.

Anyway any pic won't be bad for the best manager in the world.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Because people in this thread are saying things like ‘Arteta is the guy that will fix our midfield’ ‘he commands so much respect’ blah blah. It’s like when people say Tierney was an amazing signing. No one knows any of this it’s just conjecture born from misplaced optimism, nothing wrong with being excited just stop making things up to be excited about.
My nan was always saying you can't turn a sow's ear into a silk purse.

But my dad was more optimistic about me. :lol:

drippin

Crazy how a couple of sweet words got people so excited. It’s like that’s all it took for Arteta to prove himself.

Arteta is use to KDB and the Silvas. Imagine his shock when you got Özil and Xhaka instead?

You seem to think people are stupid. People are just happy and even surprised that Arteta handled himself so well in a new situation while being so young.

When we get our first loss you will likely come here claim you were right all along, and say how stupid people were to be happy for a little moment.

Eventhough they never were stupid as you see it through your glasses.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
You seem to think people are stupid. People are just happy and even surprised that Arteta handled himself so well in a new situation while being so young.

When we get our first loss you will likely come here claim you were right all along, and say how stupid people were to be happy for a little moment.

Eventhough they never were stupid as you see it through your glasses.

People are definitely stupid, I also think they’re sheep too. Why would you be surprised? What did you expect him to do in the press conference? Start stripping naked and fight a journalist?

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom