• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

People are definitely stupid, I also think they’re sheep too. Why would you be surprised? What did you expect him to do in the press conference? Start stripping naked and fight a journalist?

One could expect him to be nervous and not speak so well. He performed very well compared to expectations from a coach who has had one press conference before. Did you expect him to perform almost flawlessly?

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
One could expect him to be nervous and not speak so well. He performed very well compared to expectations from a coach who has had one press conference before. Did you expect him to perform almost flawlessly?

It’s a fcking press conference not a talent sho, Arteta is media trained and intelligent enough to come across well it means nothing in the long run. People just want something to be excited about.

Tumblin'Dice

Hates Reddit
It’s a fcking press conference not a talent sho, Arteta is media trained and intelligent enough to come across well it means nothing in the long run. People just want something to be excited about.

Obviously, but whats wrong with that.

There's not been much to get excited about as a gooner for a long while.

drippin

Being media trained will not do many people any good, performing in real life is a different matter. He did well.

I haven't seen many claim this media performance means something for the long run. Most people are not stupid here.

billyf

Arsenal is the most demanding and difficult job in the current football world. Good luck to the new manager, he is gonna need plenty of it.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I haven't seen many claim this media performance means something for the long run. Most people are not stupid here.

Go back and read a few pages then and yes most people here are that stupid.

Obviously, but whats wrong with that.

There's not been much to get excited about as a gooner for a long while.

There’s a lot wrong with it, especially when it comes crashing down. Don’t get excited until he proves himself.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It's so ****ing simple. He wants 10 Martinellis on the pitch but he won't see that. This is what he will see:

Martinelli will start. The effort will stand out above anyone else.

Torreira will be the next player to demonstrate effort.

AMN will show power and pace effortlessly, but switch off and look naieve.

Xhaka will pad his passing stats and look good on paper. In reality he wont be progressive and will hide and show how slow he is to press.

Pepe will hold onto the ball to long, but will be our most dangerous player and switch off defensively.

Özil if he plays will be the usual Özil. Good when we are good, anonymous when we are not.

Saka will be dangerous but get tired if playing wing back.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I've been quite taken by how he's expressed what it meant being part of the club as well, particularly as his best years in England were at Everton. He talks like he found his spiritual home here when he first signed; like everything the club stands is what he values most, and I don't doubt it.
Adrian Durham said Arteta was being disrespectful to Everton by constantly referring to Arsenal as his home, since he spent more years on Merseyside than here. :lol:

drippin

Go back and read a few pages then and yes most people here are that stupid.

There’s a lot wrong with it, especially when it comes crashing down. Don’t get excited until he proves himself.

I don't remember many. Some said he will be our saviour for example, but you have to be really stupid to take that kind of comment very seriously.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Pls, does any one have any idea who his No 2 man is?

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
People are definitely stupid, I also think they’re sheep too. Why would you be surprised? What did you expect him to do in the press conference? Start stripping naked and fight a journalist?
I feel sorry for you - it can't be easy going through life so sour and sneering at those who are capable of being positive about the future

why do you feel so obliged to keep trying to spoil other people's happiness?

Tumblin'Dice

Hates Reddit

That doesn't make much sense to me, to be honest.

Its a press conference, people liked what he said, that's it. He might be good he might be sh*t, but people liked what he said at one press conference.One moment in time.

Its like scoring a goal and saying why be excited? the league hasn't been won.Or signing a promising player and saying why be excited he hasn't proved himself, well yes that's self evident.

But it isn't an exploration on his entire tenure as a manager, its just a moment.

ChefMan21

I've always being able to handle my teams losing as long as they've been able to demonstrate fight and commitment. I know it's pretty first principles, but if he can bring that to each player on a consistent basis, then I'm happy.

drippin

That doesn't make much sense to me, to be honest.

Its a press conference, people liked what he said, that's it. He might be good he might be sh*t, but people liked what he said at one press conference.One moment in time.

Its like scoring a goal and saying why be excited? the league hasn't been won.Or signing a promising player and saying why be excited he hasn't proved himself, well yes that's self evident.

But it isn't an exploration on his entire tenure as a manager, its just a moment.

There must be as many Captain Obviouses and Captain Hindsights as there are sheeps in this world. :)

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Where's that guy who said I have to apologise to him when Poch doesn't come because he never ever would?

I'd like an apology now thank you, can't find his username, something like Henry14

@American_Gooner can you find him I want an apology.

Goonger

I don't see the problem with trying to be positive. The worst thing about the club just now is the toxic atmosphere, it spills out from the stands onto the players & performances are obviously affected. It's no coincidence that we havent won at home for so long.

We know there's a lot of work that needs done. We know results might not pick up instantly. But we need to try & support the manager & the team for the time being, it's the only way we can improve things and begin to turn things round. Plus, any potential new signings might think twice if the atmosphere around the club is so toxic.

Let's just back the boys and see where it goes.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Adrian Durham said Arteta was being disrespectful to Everton by constantly referring to Arsenal as his home, since he spent more years on Merseyside than here. :lol:
Only goes to prove that Arsenal felt more like home to him than Everton. He loves us more, and you can't blame a man for the inclinations of his heart.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom