• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
What I find is crazy is that teta is now the 4th or 5th highest paid manager in PL ( can’t remember which) after being a manager for 2.5 years and only meeting the clubs expectations (I.e top 6) for the first time this year. He is on a bigger salary than tuchel who has won multiple titles and the champions league. Madness. #lego privilege

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
Yes not doing jack **** in the games that matter against NC,Sp**s, Soton,Palace and Brighton is going missing even though he was not alone the entire team went missing it just goes to show that the talent is overhyped by our fans.

and again you are not understanding the point, scoring is of course important but does he contribute when the midfield is under pressure? is he press resistant? defensive awareness? strength on the ball?

He should never have been given the #10 he is still young but he should have been used as a backup to a senior midfielder we should have bought.

ESR has played left wing most of the season. He has barely played 10 so where are you getting those details from??? Ødegaard has been our main player at #10 this season. Please check your facts first before making wild, empty statements. You mention he is still young, but then in the other breath say he doesn't contribute what our experienced professionals should be doing week in week out... Which one is it??? make your mind up!!!esr positions.JPG

esr positions.JPG

• Red card
Reactions: Kav

Haphazard

ESR has played left wing most of the season. He has barely played 10 so where are you getting those details from??? Ødegaard has been our main player at #10 this season. Please check your facts first before making wild, empty statements. You mention he is still young, but then in the other breath say he doesn't contribute what our experienced professionals should be doing week in week out... Which one is it??? make your mind up!!!View attachment 6867

View attachment 6867
He's been given the #10 meaning he was selected to be a starter when he should have been backup to a more experienced and better player we should have bought.

Yes I mentioned he is young which is his only saving grace because there is a hope he can or will improve.

When you are given the #10 shirt of any club you are expected to deliver on the pitch
ESR has good goalscoring stats, he's a good finisher. He doesn't have good dribbling stats or good chance creation stats. He's essentially our Dele Alli.

This is basically it

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

View attachment 6863

By James McPrickolas
2h ago

In the end, Arsenal just weren’t good enough.

A 2-0 defeat in Newcastle — a fifth loss in their last nine Premier League games — means fourth place and Champions League qualification is now out of their hands. Arsenal are in the position of relying on a favour from Norwich City. Even a Norwich fan would probably admit that is not a good place to be.

Arsenal have brought this on themselves. Afterwards, Mikel Arteta was despondent and scathing in equal measure. “Normally, I can sit here and I can defend (the players), but what we’ve done today, it’s not easy,” he said. “Newcastle were 100 times better than us in every department from the beginning to the end and it’s hard to accept.”

The players knew it too. When it came to his assessment of Arsenal’s performance, Granit Xhaka did not pull any punches. “From the first minute until the 90th minute we didn’t deserve to be on the pitch today,” he said.

Xhaka also appeared to turn fire on his own team-mates. “If someone is not ready for this game, stay at home,” he said. “Simple as that. It doesn’t matter the age. You can be 30, you can be 35, you can be 10, you can be 18. If you’re not ready for that, if you’re nervous, stay on the bench, stay at home, don’t come here.”

It’s worth considering the context before analysing Xhaka’s words too closely. This was heat of the moment stuff — a passionate player in an emotional tirade against what was admittedly a dismal performance. Nevertheless, it’s tempting to wonder who Xhaka was singling out. The truth is it could have been anyone: Arsenal were poor from front to back in this game.

Is it wise for Xhaka to be so publicly derisory of Arsenal’s display? Perhaps not. He was arguably no better himself. Is it a problem? Not really. He only said what many Arsenal fans watching were feeling.

Cleary, Xhaka was hurt. He sounded like a man whose dream died at St. James’ Park. He has spoken publicly of wanting to achieve something substantial at Arsenal before he departs — Champions League football might well have been that goal. Although he referred to Arsenal throughout the interview as “we”, his accusatory tone very much had a sense of “they”. Xhaka flirted with the possibility of joining Roma last summer and in light of these comments, it is easy to wonder if that situation could be revisited this summer.

This was a night when Arsenal failed to cope with the occasion — with the atmosphere, with the pressure, and with Newcastle’s intensity. They offered more threat in the opening 20 minutes of the north London derby than they did in the entire game at Newcastle. Arsenal could not progress the ball out from the back or through the midfield.

Although this performance was undoubtedly a disaster, it would be wrong to suggest it alone cost Arsenal their place in the Champions League should they fail to overhaul Tottenham Hotspur. The three consecutive defeats against Crystal Palace, Brighton and Southampton in April loom large. Arsenal have been stumbling towards the finish line for some time.

Wins against Chelsea, Manchester United and West Ham were a huge boost but Arsenal’s thin squad has been stretched. The loss of Kieran Tierney appears to have hit the defence particularly hard — when Arsenal have been able to name their first-choice back four of Tierney, Gabriel, Ben White and Takehiro Tomiyasu, they have conceded just 0.8 goals per game. When that back four has been disrupted, that figure rises to 1.4 goals per game. According to Opta, that quartet has started together just 10 times this season.

GettyImages-1240713712-scaled.jpg

Ben White turns the ball into his own goal under pressure from Callum Wilson (Photo: Oli Scarff/AFP via Getty Images)
Thomas Partey has also proven to be difficult to replace. The Ghanaian is an integral part of Arteta’s system but struggles to remain fit. That presents Arteta with something of a conundrum. Can he really depend on a player whose fitness record in English football is so patchy? The same could arguably be said for Tierney.

Arsenal needed a bit of luck on the injuries front, and they haven’t had it. They will also reflect on the fact they have lost consecutive games to Tottenham and Newcastle — two sides who strengthened considerable in the January transfer window. Arsenal let several first-team players, including Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, leave in January without adequately replacing them. It was a calculated gamble — one that has ultimately cost Arsenal dear. Key to Arsenal’s thinking was the idea that abstaining from the window in January would allow them to land major targets in summer. They had better be right: those premium additions feel absolutely essential now if Arsenal are to mount another top-four challenge next year.

“Like this, you don’t deserve Champions League,” said Xhaka — and it’s difficult to disagree with him. A team that could not compete with Newcastle would struggle to compete with Europe’s elite.

Arsenal aren’t there yet. Most supporters would accept a team that has regularly needed to call upon Cedric, Mohamed Elneny and Eddie Nketiah is not yet ready for Europe’s foremost competition.

This defeat will doubtless be framed as Arsenal lacking courage, character or experience, but that would be a mistake — in the end, it was about quality. Arsenal, when it came down to it, just didn’t have enough.

McPrickolas :lol:

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

United and Sp**s will strenghten, Newcastle aswell and i expect them to challenge for Europa League. I also expect Leicester to not be as **** as they have been this season. You can throw West Ham and even Villa in the mix aswell. The point is: It will be incredibly difficult to get CL next season, especially with the coneboy in charge.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

150m to finish in Europa league places and A-M is calling it a successful season.

We're officially a small club.

I think the club is done for the next few years imo unless there’s a drastic change.

Can’t see us coming back from these awful decision, hiring him in the first place was a huge mistake but the owners were given countless opportunities to sack him this season + the last one after he took us to new lows however they tried to be “different” because we’re Arsenal and “we don’t want to be like other clubs” 🤦🏽‍♂️ the whole timing of every decision made at the club is horrific.

Next season:

- Conte will obviously get the funds to spend in the market after finishing in the top 4. So, he’ll strengthen that Sp**s team. He had one window in January and saved their season with Kulusevski and Bentancur.
-Ten Hag will have a lot of work to do with Man Utd but things can’t get any worse than it is at the moment. They’ll improve.
- Newcastle will improve their squad, they’ve been linked with Paqueta, Darwin Nunez etc so it’ll be a big summer for them. Not long before they start competing for those European places.

Anyways, we’ve all seen how this plays out already not sure why the club and fans are acting as if they haven’t. They’re banking on these young players to develop and push the club in the right direction but when Saka takes his game to the next level and we’re still failing, there will be a host of clubs circling around him. He’ll follow the likes of Fabregas, Nasri, RVP etc and I won’t blame him in doing so.

El Duderino

I've been over 10 pages and have 4 to go since I last in this thread.

Let me give every one a tip, don't bother with teamsouthkanyewest.

Man defended Emery until after he was sacked. He is someone who will always back the manager regardless, fair play to him and he has every right to do that, but yeah, no one is going to convince him otherwise.

teamsoutheast

And i was right. Most of them are average.

No, you are wrong. Our experienced pro's are average. When the young players outshine the experienced pro's something is wrong. Look at how Steven Gerrard grabbed games by the scuff of the neck for Liverpool? Look at Cristiano Ronaldo's performances for R.Madrid and Man U this season, and how he has kept himself in great condition at 37 years old. Look at how Luka Modric performs playing at the highest level at 36 years, proven winners. Every team needs them to perform when the chips are down. Whose our guy bar Partey?

• Red card
Reactions: Kav

teamsoutheast

He's been given the #10 meaning he was selected to be a starter when he should have been backup to a more experienced and better player we should have bought.

Yes I mentioned he is young which is his only saving grace because there is a hope he can or will improve.

When you are given the #10 shirt of any club you are expected to deliver on the pitch

This is basically it

:lol: Shirt numbers don't mean anything. It's pure sentiment. Shirt numbers do not equate to performance. :lol:

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

No, you are wrong. Our experienced pro's are average. When the young players outshine the experienced pro's something is wrong. Look at how Steven Gerrard grabbed games by the scuff of the neck for Liverpool? Look at Cristiano Ronaldo's performances for R.Madrid and Man U this season, and how he has kept himself in great condition at 37 years old. Look at how Luka Modric performs playing at the highest level at 36 years, proven winners. Every team needs them to perform when the chips are down. Whose our guy bar Partey?

Some of the pros are **** aswell.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

United and Sp**s will strenghten, Newcastle aswell and i expect them to challenge for Europa League. I also expect Leicester to not be as **** as they have been this season. You can throw West Ham and even Villa in the mix aswell. The point is: It will be incredibly difficult to get CL next season, especially with the coneboy in charge.
The same was said about this season though and we almost had it in the end. Any team bar city and Liverpool aren't certain for top 4 and will go through ups and down next season just like this season.

El Duderino

Threads gone the way I thought it would.

Got to hand it to @bingobob for hitting the nail on the head.

This team is not innexperienced, this manager is not a rookie anymore.

Fans are allowed their expectations and I think we have set ourselves back big time.

I don't mind the new contract, but I personally belive we're into sunken cost fallacy territory now.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Mate, he gave away an experienced pro. Gave away!! A golden boot winner who's scoring more than any other player in the top 5 leagues.

vantoure

Used to have fun coming in this thread to troll artetasexuals in their delusion. Now, even that isn't particularly fun.

They're tired, the process is tired, the club is lost at sea. Only thing left going is the PR

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom