• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
Why are you ignoring the fact that Auba was missing good chances weekly and then started causing problems behind the scenes? It wasn't Arteta, the guy was genuinely missing great chances to score on a weekly basis and looked completely out of form.

Also, he's scored 12 in 22 for Barca and turns 33 in a month. It baffles me that people are still crying over this guy, yes he was a great goalscorer but there's more to the striker role in the modern game than being a poacher, and that was always an issue with Auba. You got out of a terrible contract and a dressing room problem. That's how I see it at least.
Every striker misses chances. The missed chances were only highlighted more because we were hardly creating any chances. We were one of the lowest in the league for chances created.

The problems behind the scene were blown way out of proportion.

You talk about there being more to the striking role in the modern game.. well the modern strikers are absolute dogsh*t. They’re so bad that the top clubs in the Prem, City and Liverpool don’t use a recognised striker, they’d rather play a winger/CAM there. Id take Aubameyang over most of the other trash strikers that are playing atm.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
They can say what they like about targets pre season this was ultimately a missed opportunity. The fans know it, the club know it. In January top 4 should have been the bare minimum target. For me it feels like the club need to deliver something early in the window to get me back on side.
Our goal should have been top 4 in the beginning of the season. Spending 150M, playing without Europa fixtures and our target was to get back to Europa? Emery could do it for much less.
Even if our target was top 6, we should have redefined it January considering the state of other teams. It's pretty much like the Leicester season. The league was there for the taking and we decided not to go all the way in the January window. When there is a clear opportunity for top 4, we should be going for it.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Lol. And how much is Howe’s squad worth compared to Arteta’s. And he hasn’t said he needs all his own players or 3 seasons to improve the team significantly, and he thrashed us.
About 8th in the league with a squad value of 300m+ so a team perfectly capable of punching above their weight up 4 spots every so often, no?

And, they've spent 144m on transfers this season which would put them in the or around top 5, I believe, as well.

You're rattled af right now. :lol:

Rattata

Why are you ignoring the fact that Auba was missing good chances weekly and then started causing problems behind the scenes? It wasn't Arteta, the guy was genuinely missing great chances to score on a weekly basis and looked completely out of form.

Also, he's scored 12 in 22 for Barca and turns 33 in a month. It baffles me that people are still crying over this guy, yes he was a great goalscorer but there's more to the striker role in the modern game than being a poacher, and that was always an issue with Auba. You got out of a terrible contract and a dressing room problem. That's how I see it at least.
A contract Mikel Arteta gave Aubameyang. A player Arteta made captain even though his disciplinary issues were already known.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
You talk about there being more to the striking role in the modern game.. well the modern strikers are absolute dogsh*t. They’re so bad that the top clubs in the Prem, City and Liverpool don’t use a recognised striker, they’d rather play a winger/CAM there. Id take Aubameyang over most of the other trash strikers that are playing atm.

You're literally proving my point mate. Teams are more focused on getting a great facilitator up front because it's simple more effective.

When Firmino doesn't score, he likely made sure Salah or Mane did. When Auba doesn't score, he contributed very little.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

This Dokakunt fella project an image of objectivity but in reality he's just a troll or even worse, a shill.

Some of his posts reads like vintage HairSpray.
He's battering your lot today. May want to sit these out, champ.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Okay, so you literally don't believe Auba had disciplinary issues at either Arsenal or Dortmund, both of which are very well documented?

We are talking about Arsenal, not Dortmund. Yes, i definitely believe that Auba was late on occasions and didnt always follow every single rule. But i dont rate the picture painted by Arteta. I think the big problem in the end was that Auba, unlike a loser like Ben White, has his own will and was ready to question the Tapas Pulis. Tets cant deal with people like that.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
You're literally proving my point mate. Teams are more focused on getting a great facilitator up front because it's simple more effective.

When Firmino doesn't score, he likely made sure Salah or Mane did. When Auba doesn't score, he contributed very little.
But we’re not Liverpool mate. Auba has been scoring goals at the top level for the past 10 years. We can’t afford to just pay him 7mil to score goals for Barca because Artetas throwing his toys out the pram.

If we had 2 wingers that score at the rate of Salah or Mane , then cool. Or everyone contributes to the goals like Man City, but we don’t have that luxury.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
This Dokakunt fella project an image of objectivity but in reality he's just a troll or even worse, a shill.

Some of his posts reads like vintage HairSpray.

Why the need for a random personal attack? I'm literally just expressing my opinion and try to be as objective as I can. You can clearly see I put effort into a lot of my responses, yet you randomly resort to calling me a ****, a troll and a shill.

Pretty ****ty tbh.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

We are talking about Arsenal, not Dortmund. Yes, i definitely believe that Auba was late on occasions and didnt always follow every single rule. But i dont rate the picture painted by Arteta. I think the big problem in the end was that Auba, unlike a loser like Ben White, has his own will and was ready to question the Tapas Pulis. Tets cant deal with people like that.
The proof was on IG every other week. You missed it.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill

Who cares if he had his own will? The guy wasn’t performing for us. The bottom line is if you’re not performing you don’t deserve to be at this club, irrespective of offfield shenanigans.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
About 8th in the league with a squad value of 300m+ so a team perfectly capable of punching above their weight up 4 spots every so often, no?

And, they've spent 144m on transfers this season which would put them in the or around top 5, I believe, as well.

You're rattled af right now. :lol:
Or squad value is £600m+ and they tore us a new one.

Reactions: Kav

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom