• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Why would he say they're all leaving on the final day of the season while they're still in the locker room? Let them enjoy the win.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Hope Eddie stays, tbh.

Nah, he needs to play every minute of every game he can. He won't do that here.

Best for him and the club he leaves. The only shame is we're not getting any money outside of an academy fee or whatever is called.

If he goes up a notch we can always bring him back.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

I honestly doubt he knows what he's saying. He's just stringing words that sound good together.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
He wants to tell them personally first.

It's not like they don't know. Mind you, I don't really think it's a big deal, but you'd figure at this stage with agents, intermediaries, etc., they all already know and are fine with whatever has transpired.

Wish them all the best, though. Specially Eddie.

Really hope Elneny is not getting renewed, though. Cedric should also tell Kia he wants to play for Corinthians or something like that.

Reactions: A_G

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
All these number crunching to cream Mikel's achievement with the miscellaneous improvement. Here is a perspective to ya. There are no European football and travel in mid weeks. And he severed one of his best scorer and failed bringing reinforcement in January, only to see his midfielders drying up on goals later. I don't mind the praise on him building a young squad. But his man management and his approach per game/period can often lead to problems.

Some stories say Mikel can do what Klopp do for Liverpool. With his current caliber and projection, I doubt whether he can do what Klopp did for Dortmund, let along what Jurgen is doing for Liverpool.
Can’t even do what Moyes is doing for West Ham. Let’s not even talk about Klopp, not even remotely the same. Klopp spent less and got Liverpool to a CL final in 2.5 seasons and Arteta has yet to return to the CL in same time frame and more money spent.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Will the Arsenal blogosphere demand anything from Teta next season or will they demand nothing from him like this season?

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
He wants to tell them personally first.

Do you really think they don't know? :lol: Their agents would have been working to find them places for at least a month. Eddie won't sign, Laca knows he's done, and Elnenny, if he wasn't offered a contract extension by now, then he knows he's going.

Arteta with his smoke and mirrors again.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I actually don’t see our final position as *that* bad tbh. What’s really bad is that the attacking play is still as boring as when he arrived. It gives zero hope going into a summer that attacking signings are going to be important. Honestly finishing 5th knowing that it was more a player quality issue would have a better feeling. Right now quality kinda feels irrelevant when I believe the coach can’t coach an attack.
Good football really should be the bread and butter of arsenal and it’s not been for a very very long time.
Season overall rating is 4.7/10.
I think this is where context is key. Start of the season id have taken 5th and decent cup runs. As the season progressed that changed. To now finish 5th feels underwhelming. And to top that off it feels like the football has gotten worse. We defended better for a long period but the arse fell out of that as well.

Its hard to get excited for next season.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
I thought we could challenge for top 4 and get around 70 points which we did, just wasn’t enough. We left points on the pitch for sure, so did other teams. In the end we probably should have got 4th but we fell at the final hurdle. Not the first time we’ve done it and won’t be the last. On to next season where he once again needs to show progression after what will be another summer of big investment.
He hasn’t show any progression from Emery. Emery took 70m investment and achieved 70pts and an EL final. Arteta has had 3 seasons, 300m direct investment & 480m total investment, and he still hasn’t matched what Emery achieved after 3 seasons. Zero progression, we’ve only gone backwards.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Do you really think they don't know? :lol: Their agents would have been working to find them places for at least a month. Eddie won't sign, Laca knows he's done, and Elnenny, if he wasn't offered a contract extension by now, then he knows he's going.

Arteta with his smoke and mirrors again.
We don’t know whether they’ve been told they’re not being offered new deals, Arteta gains nothing from lying about this tbh.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001

Latest posts

Top Bottom