• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I think this is where context is key. Start of the season id have taken 5th and decent cup runs. As the season progressed that changed. To now finish 5th feels underwhelming. And to top that off it feels like the football has gotten worse. We defended better for a long period but the arse fell out of that as well.

Its hard to get excited for next season.

Yeah, that 2ish month spell was good but ultimately not enough and we crumbled on the pitch and mentally.

Hope we get our ducks in a row early this time.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
We don’t know whether they’ve been told they’re not being offered new deals, Arteta gains nothing from lying about this tbh.

He can't tell the media now. The media will be informed via a press release. Ofcourse they all know. They would have been told they're free to look for another club a while ago.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, that 2ish month spell was good but ultimately not enough and we crumbled on the pitch and mentally.

Hope we get our ducks in a row early this time.

Yes that's pretty much how I'm feeling rn.

I think there were good signs this season (here comes the Artetasexual patrol), we did have a good spell from January till the Palace game.

Chelsea away, West Ham away and Utd were good results, especially given the circumstances.

The way we crumbled was beyond disappointing and I think back to decisions regarding the squad and I get more upset with it.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
He can't tell the media now. The media will be informed via a press release. Ofcourse they all know. They would have been told they're free to look for another club a while ago.
But there were talks over a new contract just a few weeks ago with Eddie?

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

With what we spent, not to mention the fact we were playing 1 match a week since practically January, he bottled the best chance we had of seeing the Champions League in 5 years.

The only reason the season can be classed as a catastrophic failure is because he's still here.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
But there were talks over a new contract just a few weeks ago with Eddie?

A few weeks ago, and if they couldn't reach a deal, then he knew at that point he was leaving.
Who knows? maybe they did reach a deal.

It's usual practice to inform players to look elsewhere well before the end of season.

Fabregasm

Yes that's pretty much how I'm feeling rn.

I think there were good signs this season (here comes the Artetasexual patrol), we did have a good spell from January till the Palace game.

Chelsea away, West Ham away and Utd were good results, especially given the circumstances.

The way we crumbled was beyond disappointing and I think back to decisions regarding the squad and I get more upset with it.

The way we crumpled the way we bottled it to our biggest rivals are things I will find it hard to forget and forgive. It's almost like asking you to forget and forgive your wife that has cheated on you before.
While things might move good beyond but the history & hurt can never be written off

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Not sure if this or Arteta's extension was worse.

Like how on earth does Elneny get a contract extension? Its Coquelin 2.0. A player that wasn't good enough, loaned out, desparate to get rid of him and somehow they manage this wee spell where they convince someone they are the real deal. Completely ignoring the mammoth pile of evidence that shows they arent.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
For our bottling the last three games I never really saw Sp**s May form coming... Other than dropping points away at Liverpool they have been almost perfect scoring double figures + & dont think they have conceded. Mad clutch.

Goonerist

What a disappointing and underwhelming end to the season.
Now hope Arteta can ask for his desired transfers targets to be brought in as quickly as possible so that he can integrate them into his team..
Needs to buy a striker and another ball playing CM to rival Partey..

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Disagree on 2007/08.

Finishing a close third behind the greatest PL team of all time and a Chelsea with prime Drogba, Amelia, Cole, Terry, Lampard and Ballack is absolutely not the same as this collapse.

We didn’t even really fall apart. Those losses to Utd and Chelsea that year were absolutely brutal and even the draws against lower sides is something that most years you could get away with.

We just had two of the better teams in PL history above us. Them playing each other in the CL final was no coincidence either.
Oh yeah, we fully agree on that. I'm not saying at all that the two are even in the same galaxy, the exact opposite actually. I'm highlighting how a "failure" like 2007/08 can be viewed in a positive light while this one can't.

GoonerBoy19

Arteta can't hide next season, he will get tough time with fans next year. He has got a enough backing from club and fans for last 3 years, now it's time to show some results.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom