• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I hope people were learning something this evening about what it takes for a manager to win at the highest level. Carlo was calm all night. He wasn't screaming for 90 minutes and stressing his players the f*ck out yelling instructions every second. The work is done on the training pitch and then slight changes are made as needed based on what the opponent is doing to try to disrupt the gameplan. This is the kind of demeanor and preparation it takes to be a top class manager. It's quite telling that probably the best performance of the year came with airpods in charge. The next 3 years or however long it takes to get rid of this tit are going to be rough.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I hope people were learning something this evening about what it takes for a manager to win at the highest level. Carlo was calm all night. He wasn't screaming for 90 minutes and stressing his players the f*ck out yelling instructions every second. The work is done on the training pitch and then slight changes are made as needed based on what the opponent is doing to try to disrupt the gameplan. This is the kind of demeanor and preparation it takes to be a top class manager. It's quite telling that probably the best performance of the year came with airpods in charge. The next 3 years or however long it takes to get rid of this tit are going to be rough.
I think a short message should be enough:

C9GOi6vXgAEMhHt.jpg

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Hope Arteta learns this and stops copying his idol. There's a reason Don Carlo has won twice as many CL's as the bald one.

I mean I don't have much hope for it, but I'll pretend I believe there's room to grow for Arteta.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
But Conte, Simeone do be at it too so who knows.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Damn straight!

I'm still angry he was passed over for Arteta of all people!

That he returned to RM after a short stint at Everton (through no fault of his own as that club has issues that make ours look tame in comparison) is natural. Big manager for a big club. What's shocking is that he had to go to Everton at all when the Arsenal job was available!

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Damn straight!

I'm still angry he was passed over for Arteta of all people!

That he returned to RM after a short stint at Everton (through no fault of his own as that club has issues that make ours look tame in comparison) is natural. Big manager for a big club. What's shocking is that he had to go to Everton at all when the Arsenal job was available!

Look at what he did at Everton, that is what you would expect from Carlo at Arsenal, more or less. Maybe more of a Napoli like setup, which isnt bad to be fair.

We are not Madrid, we dont have near unlimited funds to spend on players. We do not have a Benzema, Kroos, Modric, Vini Jr, Casemiro in our ranks currently.

Carlo is a top manager, as he shown again last night, but we must be realistic about what it takes to be a top team and to see Carlo at his absolute best. Sure we could have signed him up instead of Mikel back in 2019, but Im confident we would still have seen him win the very same CL with Madrid last night.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Apparently Carlo only got offered the Real Madrid job when he rang up trying to get some players on loan for Everton, maybe that's what Mik was hoping when he rang up about Jesus, he didn't get the response he was looking for so he'll try Zinchenko next.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Carlo would've gotten more out of the team than Emery.

He's a motivator first, tactician and micro manager second.

Either way, that's history. Would've probably left us for Madrid anyway and then we would be signing Mikel after having another year under Pep.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Carlo would've gotten more out of the team than Emery.

He's a motivator first, tactician and micro manager second.

Either way, that's history. Would've probably left us for Madrid anyway and then we would be signing Mikel after having another year under Pep.

What ever scenario we play through these sliding doors we always end up with Arteta. He's like death, an inevitable destiny.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I think Everton appointed Ancelotti the same week we got Arteta in. From a neutral point of view the Ancelotti move was the "big club" appointment for Arsenal to make whilst Everton appoint a well known name at the club starting out in Arteta. What's done is done though but doesn't make it any less strange at the time and strange in hindsight.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Arsenal board won't go with a demanding coach, they have played safe with both Emery & Arteta. They prefer someone who could stick to management's plan. People like Conte,Allegri and Ancelotti would have demanded more from the club.

And would not stick around for a rebuild in slow motion.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
As I said...appointing Carlo after Emery, what have been pretty bad, after the damage Raul had done in those 18 months.

But getting him after Wenger, would have been good...would have been a bit of a safer bet than Emery, plus we had the squad in 2018/2019 that he would have liked.

Very happy for Ancelotti last night, what a manager!

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom