• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
That's a very good point tbf. But there were plenty of candidates who fit the bill and we're even more qualified than Arteta. No one is saying the rebuild is nonsense. We're saying that was Arteta the most qualified man for the job?

No he definitely wasnt the best qualified.

If you can attract someone of the calibre of Unai Emery to the club, then you see what's possible. Tuchel was linked to us and so was Potchettino. Both managers who have worked with limited resources for long periods at a club. We could have and should have done that.

SA Gunner

As I said...appointing Carlo after Emery, what have been pretty bad, after the damage Raul had done in those 18 months.

But getting him after Wenger, would have been good...would have been a bit of a safer bet than Emery, plus we had the squad in 2018/2019 that he would have liked.

Very happy for Ancelotti last night, what a manager!

Loved the endorsement by Wenger, and you can see the character Carlo is. But we needed a coach for 5 years post Arsène, which would help us rebuild as well.

I just dont think Carlo is that sort of manager to be honest, good for stabilising a team and getting the best out of them in the short term.

Last edited:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
No he definitely wasnt the best qualified.

If you can attract someone of the calibre of Unai Emery to the club, then you see what's possible. Tuchel was linked to us and so was Potchettino. Both managers who have worked with limited resources for long periods at a club. We could have and should have done that.
Don't know about Poch. But I would have been onboard with Tuchel, ETH, Potter.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Loved the endorsement by Wenger, and you can see the character Carlo is. But we needed a coach for 5 years post Arsène, which would help us rebuild as well.

I just dont think Carlo is that sort of manager to be honest, good for stabilising a team and getting the best out of them.

Agree, tbh...Mikel was obviously the correct choice.

Carlo is a decent too, tbf.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Sanchez couldn't choose Arsenal over Liverpool quick enough, once he knew it was either Arsène Wenger or Brendan Rodgers :lol:

We can still attract high profile players, as our club's rep is big...but we are now the "Brendan Rodgers", in that example...have to get used to that, atm.

SA Gunner

I like Partey but you can't compare Partey to Özil and Auba, surely?
The latter duo were world class and genuine superstars when we signed them. Partey was just w very good player.
No serious club make Partey there statement signing, whereas Özil and Auba were headliners.

Auba, Özil and Sanchez were opportunistic signings mate. Just like Partey was as well for the record.

That’s what Arsenal have done in recent years and are likely to continue to do. Stump up the cash and get the player if the opportunity is there.

So I think yes, we can still make big player signings actually. The manager may play a role yes, but I’m not sure it would completely rule us out now, as seen with Thomas.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom