• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
on the challenge posed by Bournemouth:

It will be a really tough match. I’ve been there many, many times, I know how tough it is, and I know to expect the atmosphere to be hectic. It’s a team that is used to winning because last year they had a really successful season, and they’ve started well this season. I know Scott Parker very, very well and I know they’re going to make it a really difficult game for us.

Whole squad about to take a bath in cherries to prepare for Bournemouth away.

:shivering:

Slug457

Jeez some nonsense in here :lol:

Saying you don't want a Conte or other similar elite proven managers because of their "anti-football' whilst simultaneously glorifying Artetas style is bizarre considering Sp**s scored more than us last season (and that was with Conte coming in late to a team in shambles), and under Tets we've scored a mighty 56, 55 and 61 in 3 seasons, contrast that with the 3 seasons prior were Emery/Weng got 73, 74 and 77. We didn't score for 10 games in a row under this manager ffs, 98% of the football under Tets so far has been drivel, one good game against Leicester doesn't wipe away years of guff

As for saying that type of football does not go with the culture of the club, perhaps some are still unaware but the old Wenger/Arsenal culture has long ago been smashed down, every single scout and staff member forced out, even the mascot got the boot, all whilst the club runs PR about how Arteta is changing the **** Wenger culture for the better whilst inviting AFTV who made their name off defaming the club into press conferences. The fans have "got their Arsenal back", we can have a guy come in with skinny jeans and play Pulis ball and the fans will happily sing 1 - 0 to the Arsenal, Areta has proven that. No, the style means F all now, bring in a Conte and i'll watch counter attacking stuff if it means we are actually competitive at the top end of the table again.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Jeez some nonsense in here :lol:

Saying you don't want a Conte or other similar elite proven managers because of their "anti-football' whilst simultaneously glorifying Artetas style is bizarre considering Sp**s scored more than us last season (and that was with Conte coming in late to a team in shambles), and under Tets we've scored a mighty 56, 55 and 61 in 3 seasons, contrast that with the 3 seasons prior were Emery/Weng got 73, 74 and 77. We didn't score for 10 games in a row under this manager ffs, 98% of the football under Tets so far has been drivel, one good game against Leicester doesn't wipe away years of guff
This is when it gets really crazy reading posts that claim Arteta is an attack oriented manager. On what basis? On one match after 2 and half years all of sudden they would take Arteta’s stylish football over Conte’s trophies? What stylish football? It is like every time Arsenal play a decent match he is a born again virgin and everything that happened for 2 and half years disappears.

Even before Wenger we had Ian Wright, one of if not the most famous back lines in English football history and Dennis Bergkamp. He has made Arsenal more boring, then the period where we were taunted by jealous rivals as Boring, Boring Arsenal and 1-0 to the Arsenal became a famous retort. Artetaball so far has been the most turgid anti football period I can remember in a quarter century I followed the club. This is what they want style points for?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

We didn't score for 10 games in a row under this manager
Can’t believe runs like this actually happened. When it got bad, it got really bad.

Wasn’t there one where we scored like 1 home goal in a month or something.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Can’t believe runs like this actually happened. When it got bad, it got really bad.

I think that's just Arteta's thing. Like how Hasenhüttl just gets battered by double digit goals for no reasosn every now and then, Arteta might just go through dry spells that takes him a while to figure out.

Slug457

Honestly I just threw the 1 goal in 10 thing out there, must have been that though or a Tet lover would have corrected me by now :lol: Genuinely don't want to relive those days. Arteta has improved from that undoubtedly, the big spending helps but he was very much learning on the job back then, probably still is. I even have some sympathy for him during that period, to go from not even coaching a youth side to managing one of the biggest clubs in world football is unprecedented and there's a reason for it, unless you are a freak of a manager you're going to end doing poorly, likely nowhere near that poorly but still :lol:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Honestly @Trilly, I don't know why you insisted on dragging Conte into this polite Arteta exchange, would you at least keep your rabble under control?
It wasn’t me, it was one of your guys! The worst thing you can do is sh*t on another manager (who isn’t actually sh*t) to big up Mikel. People are naturally going to want to call out that BS. :lol:

It’s happened with Wenger, Conte and Tuchel multiple times now but I bet you if someone tried to sh*t on Lampard to big up Arteta you wouldn’t get a response…what does that imply ;)

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
We didn't score for 10 games in a row under this manager ffs
This never happened

This happened but it's exaggerated. It was in Jan. It's 1 goal in 3 games. 1 goal vs city in that loss. Carabao semi final 2nd leg loss vs Liverpool. 0-0 vs burnley. It's bad but not like it can never happen.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Adjust for inflation and I reckon Klopp spent about double what Arteta has at the same stage, besides, league's much tougher these days

I mean that's just a massive arsepull. Plus I'm sure he was already making the CL before the biggest investments took place.

As for the league being harder, well back in the 16/17 season when they first made the CL they needed 76 points to do it.

Chelsea, City, Tottenham, Arsenal and even Utd all had very strong seasons with Arsenal finishing with 75 points and Utd finishing with a still respectable 69.

Not that I'm trying to downplay Arteta because Klopp was already an established manager by then but your claims don't really stand up to scrutiny.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom