• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

I see people make excuses about how some signings were not really "Emery signings" if that excuse is valid, it is valid for Arteta also. It can`t work both ways.

Emery was coach. Arteta is manager.

Whilst I believe Arteta puts his foot down when he needs to and pushes for certain players harder than others, I do think club signings are club signings and a collaborative effort.

I don't think Pepe happens with Mikel at all, where as Emery got told to make it happen. Could add Özil and Auba to that too, I believe Emery would have been stuck with them.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I think you can be optimistic and say Arteta has done a good job and it’s realistic that he can get us to CL. At the same time there’s no sign yet of a real X factor, I.e a sign that this team will soon compete for the PL or CL trophy. Maybe that will happen when key players mature but that’s years in the future.

Depends what your expectations are. If the goal is to get back into CL and play there semi-regularly then I think Arteta can do that. If the goal is to reach the level of City and Liverpool in the last few years then I don’t see us being that any time soon.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I am not saying that you should not include 2019 for Arteta, but shouldn`t you definitely include 2019 window for Emery?
Between 2018/2019-20, we spend 216m pounds, which is pretty similar to the average amount of money we have spend in the next 3 years. So obviously, Emery also got the same amount of "backing" as Arteta got.

I see people make excuses about how some signings were not really "Emery signings" if that excuse is valid, it is valid for Arteta also. It can`t work both ways.
Yeah, Emery got financially backed by KSE too, but he didn't get the time/chance to make mistakes and rectify them/finish mid table and survive.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I think you can be optimistic and say Arteta has done a good job and it’s realistic that he can get us to CL. At the same time there’s no sign yet of a real X factor, I.e a sign that this team will soon compete for the PL or CL trophy. Maybe that will happen when key players mature but that’s years in the future.

Depends what your expectations are. If the goal is to get back into CL and play there semi-regularly then I think Arteta can do that. If the goal is to reach the level of City and Liverpool in the last few years then I don’t see us being that any time soon.

No real X factor in this team, are you sure?

I only see that X factor, its still early days this season of course, but what Im seeing is better than anything I've seen an Arsenal team produce for almost 20 years. This team needs a top forward, central midfielder and left footed defender to compete now. The only thing that comes with time is more experience and belief from these players.

This team is not experienced and big enough for the CL and PL this season, but next season... most definitely.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

It’s a long time since we’ve controlled matches like this. I think saying what we really feel makes these discussions more interesting @Nacho @Makingtrax.

So you agree with 20 years? Fair enough I really don't.

I agree with Dash we have to be grateful for 4th and if it was offered to me now I'd take it.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
So you agree with 20 years? Fair enough.
Not sure yet, I can’t remember a lot of it very well. The base level out first team can produce seems pretty ridiculous to me though
I agree with Dash we have to be grateful for 4th and if it was offered to me now I'd take it.
So would I, but people are pretty cautious, most wouldn’t gamble for more. Doesn’t mean we aren’t capabale of more tho

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Nah, I'm sorry, but 20 years?

And this is coming from someone who loves hyperboles. I even checked our 2002 roster and jumped straight into the 2012 because that wouldn't be a fair comparisson, and the 2012 one and it's still no contest in terms of what flavour of football it delivered.

Think even in his second to last year, Wenger teams still delivered some really impressive stuff when on it.

We've been very good so far this season, but yeah. A definite upgrade from last year's "good for 20 minutes" team and something that reminds me of that City game where we performed really well and got ****ed by some stupid decisions.

Seem to finally be able to control matches for a full 90, at least so far.

But 20 years?

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
what Im seeing is better than anything I've seen an Arsenal team produce for almost 20 years.

This team is not experienced and big enough for the CL and PL this season, but next season... most definitely.
Don't you think these are pretty contradictory sentences? We're not good enough to challenge right now but we're better than anything in the last 20 years where we've challenged several times (even won it once but I'll assume on your behalf you don't actually believe this team is better than the 04 team)?

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
The team is compact but nowhere near the X factor of some old Wenger bangers.

I'd say the Hleb - Flamini - Fabregas - Rosicky with Adebayor, RvP, and young Walcott were 2-3x more exciting than these lot.

Not to mention Theo Van Nasregas era with Wilshere, Ramsey, red hot Song plus Arshavin, and Rosicky coming from the bench. The 2015 FA Cup team was also exquisite.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Don't you think these are pretty contradictory sentences? We're not good enough to challenge right now but we're better than anything in the last 20 years where we've challenged several times (even won it once but I'll assume on your behalf you don't actually believe this team is better than the 04 team)?
Not necessarily, pressure’s the extra factor. There’s a difference between being able to produce a level consistently when the pressure’s off and having the experience to continue to produce when we’re in big games, cup finals, games crucial to title races or 4th spot or whatever.

Ronnie O’Sullivan had a good enough basic game to win the WSC for a long time before he actually managed to do it

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

There is a chance, and Im not just saying that because they have Conte. I dont rate Conte as highly as others out there.

What gives Sp**s are chance is that they are built around opposition frailties and mistakes (pressing lapses, loss of the ball in key areas) as well as well planned set plays. Add to that a desire to always be at least on par with their opposition and it makes for a strong combination.

Basically Mourinho with some stylistic tweaks.

They have the tools and desire to be up there this season, you cannot write them off for the title.

Better squad, better manager. Papa Johns.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
There is a chance, and Im not just saying that because they have Conte. I dont rate Conte as highly as others out there.

What gives Sp**s are chance is that they are built around opposition frailties and mistakes (pressing lapses, loss of the ball in key areas) as well as well planned set plays. Add to that a desire to always be at least on par with their opposition and it makes for a strong combination.

Basically Mourinho with some stylistic tweaks.

They have the tools and desire to be up there this season, you cannot write them off for the title.

Watch me!

Angry Tom And Jerry GIF by Boomerang Official

No but seriously they're decent but imo not as good as us and miles off City, if they weren't title contenders last season I struggle to see why they are this season. I certainly wouldn't give them a higher chance than us, and I have us at around 10%. Have to give 5% to Chelsea and Pool and most of the rest to City.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
No real X factor in this team, are you sure?

I only see that X factor, its still early days this season of course, but what Im seeing is better than anything I've seen an Arsenal team produce for almost 20 years. This team needs a top forward, central midfielder and left footed defender to compete now. The only thing that comes with time is more experience and belief from these players.

Bro ????

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom