• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I mean, he didn't get the sack when he went on relegation form because they believed in him

He won't get it when he's been leading us on a title chase.

Plus, he has a real ability to manage upwards.

Probably chanting "He leaves when he wants, he leaves when he
Ok, I guess we'll see if he leads us to a title this year & turns out to be like Guardiola & City, Klopp & Liverpool for example, particularly unless Real Madrid, PSG come & offer him a deal.

Pulp

Playing great football that is only getting better each week, and even more important honestly, improving the players. Almost every player that has played under Arteta has become a much better player. It was one of Wenger's biggest strengths when he was manager as well. Having a coach that is both a very good developer of players and tactically adept is a great combination indeed. Only real weakness he has is managing several competitions, but that should surely come with experience.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
We are a giant, and we’re also Mikel’s club.

He’s not going anywhere unless conditions deteriorate badly for him (or he’s so successful he wants a new challenge), and the former is infinitely more likely.

Madrid/Barcelona are a different cut, c'mon. Nothing wrong in admiting that.

If Barcelona wasn't in such a mess as far as corruption and how they deal with things internally, you could see him seeing that as a very insteresting project if he had the same level of backing Arsenal have given him.

But yeah, the closest he'd get to what he has with us currently is taking over Pep's job at City.

Being very realistic, if he were to leave it would be in about 2-3 years when the churn of the current cycle starts happening. Hard to keep thing rolling over that 4-5 year mark, specially with the current intensity of football.

say yes

forum master baiter

If Barcelona wasn't in such a mess as far as corruption and how they deal with things internally, you could see him seeing that as a very insteresting project if he had the same level of backing Arsenal have given him.

But yeah, the closest he'd get to what he has with us currently is taking over Pep's job at City.

Being very realistic, if he were to leave it would be in about 2-3 years when the churn of the current cycle starts happening. Hard to keep thing rolling over that 4-5 year mark, specially with the current intensity of football.
It doesn’t work like that for managers at big clubs though. It never happens for a reason: they have too much personal and emotional involvement to get poached like players.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Looking at the age profile of our squad, and the current wage bill, the only way is up for the team. Really don’t see anywhere better in Europe at the moment for Mikel to go. Not to mention he’s also gone through the growing pains of moulding the club in his image.

He stays he for Saka/Martinelli/Saliba’s ect peak years imo.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I don't think Arteta is leaving anytime soon so people are rubbing too much hair-removing gel on their anus for no reason.

It's more likely he will sign another contract with us than leave at the moment.

I said it last year around the time he was linked with PSG that there’s absolutely no chance he’s leaving.

Arsenal is probably one of the most comfortable jobs out there as there is no real pressure or expectations + the board are mesmerised by his process and he has built his own squad with estandards whereby if he says jump, they’ll ask how high. He won’t get that at any other club imo especially the likes of PSG and Real Madrid who he has been linked with.

Florentino Perez and Nasser Al-Khelaifi would have him back to square one in picking up cones and carrying water bottles if he gets out of line. I’m sure Super Mik is aware of that.

say yes

forum master baiter
I don’t know why people think managerial poaching is such a thing. When was the last time it happened to a big club?

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
In the position that he's in now he'd be mad to go to any other club. I'm pretty sure he is more interested in building a legacy here

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

While I agree with this, they are also high risk jobs for managers. You don't last long there, and you do not have full control.

I actually think he is here for the long term. We could see another long tenure like Graham and Wenger.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Glad he addressed Seven’s stupid comments about our supposed lack of injuries. What are we meant to do, apologise for it?

Or is Seven suggesting that Man U would be top of the league if he had his full squad available to him? 😂

Goonerist

Nobody is buying Jesus for 75m so that list looks suspect
But no one last summer or even this January transfer window ever thought that Mudryk was a £70-£80 million player. We all thought he was a £35-£40 million level of player.

Who ever thought that Antony was a £75 million level of player?

Who ever thought that Caicedo was a £70-£80 million player?

Who ever thought that Grealish was a £100 million player?

Just check out the overly priced donkeys that Chelsea has bought since last season.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
But no one last summer or even this January transfer window ever thought that Mudryk was a £70-£80 million player. We all thought he was a £35-£40 million level of player.

Who ever thought that Antony was a £75 million level of player?

Who ever thought that Caicedo was a £70-£80 million player?

Who ever thought that Grealish was a £100 million player?

Just check out the overly priced donkeys that Chelsea has bought since last season.
This just proves my point. You guys are so close to piecing it together.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Nobody is buying Jesus for 75m so that list looks suspect
Tottenham bought Richarlison last summer for ~69 million euros by current rate, so your comment looks a bit weird? He had 2 years left in contract.

Why wouldn't Jesus be worth 75 million euros? He has a long contract and is same age as Richarlison, both can play on the wings or as a striker.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Tottenham bought Richarlison last summer for ~69 million euros by current rate, so your comment looks a bit weird? He had 2 years left in contract.

Why wouldn't Jesus be worth 75 million euros? He has a long contract and is same age as Richarlison, both can play on the wings or as a striker.
This strengthens my stance as well. Thanks.

Goonerist

This just proves my point. You guys are so close to piecing it together.
Just state your point. You did not provide any substantive information when you said No one is going to buy Jesus for £70 million.

I don’t know if you made that comment as a troll comment or just trying to be too acute in some sort of way.

Or you are just trying to troll people that said Jesus was never a £45 million player when Arteta was pursuing him since the end of last season?

You got my head brain storming right about now trying to figure your short statement out. 🤯🤔😊

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

What has Jesus done this season to increase his value by 30m? The list of players’ value is wrong which was the original point.

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom