• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Hey Arteta, how many manager of the month awards are you ending this season with anyway?

Mikel...

VG4KsV.gif

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Well done him and wishing him all the luck and hoping he gets and makes all the right calls for the rest of the season

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Wenger is undoubtedly a fan and I like the fact that he has stayed away. The shadow of SAF at Utd has overshadowed every single manager whilst Wenger has allowed Arteta his rightful time in the limelight- good and bad.
Imagine having Wenger on call as a kind of mentor. I imagine Wenger is great at that

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Arteta would be an idiot for voluntarily leaving Arsenal. No club or ownership would of given an untested manager the money and time Kroenke has given him. I honestly think the Arsenal top job is as good or better than any job in world football.

Munich and Madrid toss managers around like people change underwear. City is in jeopardy legally. Chelsea got a tosser owner who i guarantee had never watched 30 football matches in his life before buying the team and spends money like a crackhead at the crackhouse. Man Utd, have unsettled ownership. Barca is financially strapped also don’t give managers time. Job security and money matter to managers more than anything. We have had 2 non interim managers in like 27 years or something. He wasn’t fired after the CL collapse and 8th place finish that would have seen him fired at any big club. We aren’t the biggest or richest club but as far as a manager gig no place is better than Arsenal. You got big club, good academy, good acquisition guy in Edu, money, patience etc. Arteta even assuming he wins league will not leave.

VancouverCanuck

Arteta would be an idiot for voluntarily leaving Arsenal. No club or ownership would of given an untested manager the money and time Kroenke has given him. I honestly think the Arsenal top job is as good or better than any job in world football.

Munich and Madrid toss managers around like people change underwear. City is in jeopardy legally. Chelsea got a tosser owner who i guarantee had never watched 30 football matches in his life before buying the team and spends money like a crackhead at the crackhouse. Man Utd, have unsettled ownership. Barca is financially strapped also don’t give managers time. Job security and money matter to managers more than anything. We have had 2 non interim managers in like 27 years or something. He wasn’t fired after the CL collapse and 8th place finish that would have seen him fired at any big club. We aren’t the biggest or richest club but as far as a manager gig no place is better than Arsenal. You got big club, good academy, good acquisition guy in Edu, money, patience etc. Arteta even assuming he wins league will not leave.
While I agree he would be mad to leave Arsenal in the next year or two, I could see him leaving in a few years...IF he manages to win it all here.

Can't blame him if he wants to seek for new challenges if he manages to accomplish all he could here. Especially if Barca or Real come calling.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
While I agree he would be mad to leave Arsenal in the next year or two, I could see him leaving in a few years...IF he manages to win it all here.

Can't blame him if he wants to seek for new challenges if he manages to accomplish all he could here. Especially if Barca or Real come calling.

They are incredibly demanding fan bases and neither of those clubs are what they used to be. The top clubs in premier league muscle them financially. There was a time Real could buy anyone they wanted. That simply isn’t the case anymore. Yes they will always be two of the biggest powers in European football, but the financial playing field has been tilted like never before to the PL. Arteta played his whole career mostly in England. And his relationship with the ownership can’t just be replicated anywhere else.

No big club anywhere has the history of patience with the manager that we have. The Arsenal job is unique in world football. Maybe he would leave but i doubt it. Because Wenger built a lot of terrific infrastructure for him in the stadium and academy and training facilities and he routinely gets talent that is elite for nothing grown organically, plus Stan is richer than god and just a few days younger. Our future looks really good, i think as long as we are winning he is staying and like Wenger you will have to drag him kicking and screaming out of there

I think the people giving Arteta stick for not sticking with and coaching up immature trouble kids like Guendouzi and Tavares probs owe him an apology

With some people you can just tell

People on here have their favorites and want them to be here and Arteta to compromise to fit them in, but most of these players are nobodies today, playing in France or somewhere worse while Arteta is leading the rest that bought in and works hard to one of the best seasons Arsenal had in many years.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Its called jobsharing, innit 😉

Seriously tho, i think this team know each others roles & responsibilities so well now, they can (and are instructed to by Arteta) simply slot into a role & know what is required & have the ability to do it..

Its obvs something he took from coaching at City & why he targets specific players in transfer windows.

Its elite.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

What do you mean with "in a few years"? Arteta just turned 41 years old, he has it perfect at Arsenal, a club he clearly loves a lot, and he has built the youngest team in the league that has just started challenging for titles ahead of schedule.

It's also the toughest league in the world with the most money and audience. He also doesn't seem to mind English weather as he played so many years in EPL.

He could easily stay for 10 years, then being 51 years old, and go to Barcelona for 10 more years, and maybe then retire early or even keep for 10 more years, whatever he feels like.

I just don't see him leaving for at least 5 years, and even more than that.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I think the people giving Arteta stick for not sticking with and coaching up immature trouble kids like Guendouzi and Tavares probs owe him an apology

With some people you can just tell

Managing different characters is part of management, there are probably trouble makers still at Arsenal and we just don't know about them.

When it's leaked to the public to scrutinize it's usually because there is something to gain PR wise or financially hence why I till this day I don't readily buy into it.

Different players work at different clubs anyways, lets not forget Trossard joined the club under a cloud himself, so will many more.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom