• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Agree with the above, consistency is generally a big one. I also think recruting well and not only looking at player's talent but their character and ambition i.e. players that wil not sulk and will work hard to regain their place.

He cleaned out the senior players in the squad who were influencing the e
poor culture when he first arrived i.e. the mustafi/Özil/kola clique. He gained the respect of younger players, made some of them who displayed the character he desires as leaders and built a better culture around that. Hence, its hard for new players to disrupt that culture.
Think the cleaning out the squad of poor performing senior players with a poor attitude and replacing them with younger, better players with a good attitude is the key reason. You could not win consistently with the squad we had. Just too many poor players in clicks like the Mustafi, Özil, Kola one e.g.

Now they are replaced by guys like Saka, Rice, Gabriel, Ödegaard etc. etc. Solid, hardworking guys. Could make the list much longer. Arteta has built a squad that will hang in there and fight.

Have faith in the group and Arteta!

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Mainly young players I’m guessing, who are all in on his project. Even the senior guys like Zinny and Jesus are his boys from City.

Why would he lose the dressing room anyway? We’re doing well. You only lose the dressing room after a bad season or two.

Doesn't explain Jorginho, Trossard and Partey though.

People tend to respect someone they think knows their stuff. Most dressing rooms fall apart once the players start doubting the actual ability of the manager, you simply can't buy in to something you don't believe is worth much.

I know some people on here don't like the idea of Arteta actually being seen as having a brilliant mind for football, but it is genuinely the most consistent praise he's gotten ever since he was assistant manager at City. Obviously that doesn't mean he hasn't made mistakes or is infallible, before the usual suspects start ranting, but it does mean that these people who play this game for a living talk to him about their profession and come away really impressed, which makes a gigantic difference in terms of the respect and commitment they're willing to give.

It's also clear that Arteta has personality types he simply doesn't match with, and the club has supported him enough to basically get rid of it. It'd be ignorant not to acknowledge that as well. He's clearly extremely driven, punctual and professional, and there's an obvious pattern now of players not meeting those standards and getting dropped and let go. I fully respect and understand the people who don't like him for that reason, because it's somewhat ruthless and basically antithetical to the approach Wenger had, and Wenger's impact on how most Arsenal fans see football today cannot be understated.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

It's also clear that Arteta has personality types he simply doesn't match with, and the club has supported him enough to basically get rid of it. It'd be ignorant not to acknowledge that as well. He's clearly extremely driven, punctual and professional, and there's an obvious pattern now of players not meeting those standards and getting dropped and let go. I fully respect and understand the people who don't like him for that reason, because it's somewhat ruthless and basically antithetical to the approach Wenger had, and Wenger's impact on how most Arsenal fans see football today cannot be understated.
What are these personality types? Why is it about personality rather than other stuff, that you even mention there?

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
What are these personality types? Why is it about personality rather than other stuff, that you even mention there?

Basically the opposite of 3 things I listed? Blatantly obvious to me that Arteta doesn't respect someone who's complacent and lazy, as an example. Auba was basically forced out of the team because of his lack of punctuality, a thing he's had several documented problems with from way before he joined Arsenal.

He even mentions it himself quite often in interviews. He will never go after a player for a mistake, because mistakes happen and is inherently uncontrollable. He will however go ballistic if you can't be arsed to track back, press when you're supposed to or show up late to something, because those are things you can control and aren't mistakes, they're the results of a choice you made which shows your character.

drippin

Basically the opposite of 3 things I listed? Blatantly obvious to me that Arteta doesn't respect someone who's complacent and lazy, as an example. Auba was basically forced out of the team because of his lack of punctuality, a thing he's had several documented problems with from way before he joined Arsenal.

He even mentions it himself quite often in interviews. He will never go after a player for a mistake, because mistakes happen and is inherently uncontrollable. He will however go ballistic if you can't be arsed to track back, press when you're supposed to or show up late to something, because those are things you can control and aren't mistakes, they're the results of a choice you made which shows your character.
Okay sure, that word "personality types" just caught my attention. To me it seems more about the actions of a person when in a tough situation, rather than his personality type what you mean.

If a player for example doesn't train hard enough anymore, or sulks after being benched etc.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Okay sure, that word "personality types" just caught my attention. To me it seems more about the actions of a person when in a tough situation, rather than his personality type what you mean.

If a player for example doesn't train hard enough anymore, or sulks after being benched etc.

I think he doesn’t like personalities that are either too shy/quiet or too outlandish. Irrespective of how they train.

Basically if you don’t believe in yourself OR you believe all the hype about yourself, you might struggle under him.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I think he doesn’t like personalities that are either too shy/quiet or too outlandish. Irrespective of how they train.

Basically if you don’t believe in yourself OR you believe all the hype about yourself, you might struggle under him.

Yeah I think you need to be somewhat extroverted or at least make a serious effort to be part of the group to play for Mikel. I think step one is just your work ethic though. If you're professional and work your ass off, I think he'll give you plenty of time even if you've got a bit of attitude. Think Xhaka is proof of that to an extent.

Considering he was handed the armband at both Everton and Arsenal suggests he's generally quite well-liked among players as well, so the somewhat ruthless and almost fanatically professional picture we have of him is probably a bit exaggerated. You generally don't get the captain's armband if you're not good at dealing with people, and it's not like he got one of those token "you're clearly the best player, so here's the armband" captaincies.

drippin

Yeah I think you need to be somewhat extroverted or at least make a serious effort to be part of the group to play for Mikel.
You have had good posts mostly here today, but this is another where I have to disagree.

Vieira or Kiwior are not extroverted at all. Especially Kiwior is a prime example of a shy introverted guy, Vieira a bit less but he is not really extroverted either.

These are the first clear examples that came to mind, but when you look at the squad list, there are quite many that are on the shy and more introverted side.

Of course there is the family feel now with Arsenal, so most of them are at ease, so can feel safe to be more extroverted than usual when being with each other.

If someone wants to, they could actually use this introverted shy type to push a point about Arteta.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
You have had good posts mostly here today, but this is another where I have to disagree.

Vieira or Kiwior are not extroverted at all. Especially Kiwior is a prime example of a shy introverted guy, Vieira a bit less but he is not really extroverted either.

These are the first clear examples that came to mind, but when you look at the squad list, there are quite many that are on the shy and more introverted side.

Of course there is the family feel now with Arsenal, so most of them are at ease, so can feel safe to be more extroverted than usual when being with each other.

Read the second part of the sentence you quoted.

drippin

Read the second part of the sentence you quoted.
I read it, but I disagreed with you mentioning the first part. It doesn't make sense to me when I look at the squad list.

Of course you have to be able to be part of the group/family. But I can't see any pattern with having to be extroverted.

For example Auba is extroverted, and was a big part of the group. And actually he got ousted.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Fran Healy Reaction GIF by Travis

The point you made was that Raya could go to a different club.

The point I made was he wouldn’t even consider that and we’ll get him for a decent fee because he wants us. Hence why we did it the way we did.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I read it, but I disagreed with you mentioning the first part. It doesn't make sense to me when I look at the squad list.

Of course you have to be able to be part of the group/family. But I can't see any pattern with having to be extroverted.

Being extroverted makes you inherently good at operating in a social group environment, and as such it's basically effortless. Displaying support and enthusiasm for your teammates is something Arteta has mentioned as being an important thing, and than comes naturally to an extrovert but might require a good amount of "fake it until you make it" for a more reserved person which, again, requires effort.

It doesn't come naturally to a lot of people to fly off the bench to celebrate your teammates doing something etc, but we know that Arteta basically demands that from his players as it promotes togetherness and makes you feel part of something, even if it feels disingenuous at the start. Group psychology is a thing.

HattoriHanzo

Ted_Bundy_headshot.jpg

By having the Aura of a Sociopath.... There are reasons why "RUTHLESS" Serial Killers like the American Arteta(Ted Bundy) seem Charismatic since they are unable to connect on any deep emotional level, they learn to overcompensate on a superficial level, which can seem real to those they are with. With that, they can easily turn gullible followers to join their cult. You can see these behaviour in the Arteta cultists who profess unconditional love for him more than the Club itself. They would rather see the Club crash and burn than turn against him.

Of course, this extends to the players too. One of the main reason why Arteta cannot handle players who have BIG CHARACTERS because they do not easily fall for his nonsense and of course ended up burning bridges with these type of players.

I am not saying Arteta is a serial killer but it does make you think... We will never know his shenanigans until he is gone...
Do you know who was Ted Bundy and what he did?
And you are comparing Arteta with him?
This is disgusting, you really need serious medical help.
And you deserve permanent ban.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Bit rich from a guy famously known to gaslight half the forum, flip flop around to the point that your only exit was to joke about your little brother and to then finally get banned for being a racist.

I think we should probably get back on topic aye lad.

Given the Raya/Rammers situation it doesn’t make any sense to have a second keeper on such high wages. Fully expecting Ramsdale to step up/Raya to not be signed permanently. Or Ramsdale to flop and be sold for £40-50M.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Well atleast it's not just disgruntled retired England keepers now, it's now a disgruntled ex employee added to the mix.

Shoutouts to all the publications trying to normalise Arteta's gk rotation idea though lol.
Arteta’s got the money and backing to get away with this stuff. And while he’s winning matches all his ruthless and obsessive behaviour will be applauded and normalised.

And of course if results go badly in the future, which is unlikely with the current spend, people will turn on him like a rabid dog and say they knew his behaviour was OCD like. Much like they’ve U turned on Ramsdale, even though not long ago he was the best thing since sliced bread.

But while Arteta‘s winning, the usual crew are trawling this thread looking to pray on nay sayers like a pack of hyenas. :lol:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Never seen pundits go as mental as they have over this goalkeeper thing, hilarious really :lol:

Arteta saying he wants to rotate the keepers seems to really have their blood boiling too, acting like whatever he says in public is the same as what he has told the players privately.

Raya knows he's our number 1, everyone with a brain should be able to figure this out...everything Mikel is saying is just to back Ramsdale to the media.

The ironic thing being that even if Arteta came out and said Aaron is the number 2, the same pundits criticizing him for being vague would he having a go at him for denoting Rammers ffs!

Latest posts

Top Bottom