• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Rex Stone

We all live in an Edu submarine
Trusted ⭐

Glad he’s finally put the nail in that loudmouth clown we have in goal.

Proper manager knows there’s no room for sentimentality. Cost us the title so first opportunity it’s arrivederci Aaron.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Glad he’s finally put the nail in that loudmouth clown we have in goal.

Proper manager knows there’s no room for sentimentality. Cost us the title so first opportunity it’s arrivederci Aaron.
Didn’t we throw away our top 4 ‘run in’ the previous year when we were favourites with points to spare, in a similar manner. Aaron wasn’t part of the team then, or was that his fault too? :lol:

Rex Stone

Trusted ⭐

Didn’t we throw away our top 4 ‘run in’ the previous year when we were favourites with points to spare, in a similar manner. Aaron wasn’t part of the team then, or was that his fault too? :lol:

Arteta wasn’t in goal for the Southampton game. One of the most shameful performances I’ve seen from a keeper.

Tnegs

Arteta’s got the money and backing to get away with this stuff. And while he’s winning matches all his ruthless and obsessive behaviour will be applauded and normalised.

And of course if results go badly in the future, which is unlikely with the current spend, people will turn on him like a rabid dog and say they knew his behaviour was OCD like. Much like they’ve U turned on Ramsdale, even though not long ago he was the best thing since sliced bread.

But while Arteta‘s winning, the usual crew are trawling this thread looking to pray on nay sayers like a pack of hyenas. :lol:

You mean people will praise him when he’s doing well and criticize him when he’s not? What a normal thing to do.

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

Ted Bundy can join Kim Jong Un, Joseph Stalin and Hitler as people who had the honour of being compared to Arteta in this thread.
And before Tetz we had people calling Unai a greasy terrorist vampire, and before that people calling Wenger an egomaniac dictator…

Wow! Wonder why that is? :lol:
Combination of an un-serious, hyperbolic and perspective-lacking fanbase :lol:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

You mean people will praise him when he’s doing well and criticize him when he’s not? What a normal thing to do.
That wasn’t my point, but if you want to boil it down to that for comic effect, I’ll put a smiley on your post bro.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Arteta wasn’t in goal for the Southampton game. One of the most shameful performances I’ve seen from a keeper.
Come on mate. We got thrashed 3-0 at home to Brighton, lost 1-0 to Forest and 2-0 to Newcastle. And City mauled us 4-1. You can’t blame all that on Aaron. It’s like stubbing your toe after 8 pints of beer and blaming the doorframe.

HattoriHanzo

And before Tetz we had people calling Unai a greasy terrorist vampire, and before that people calling Wenger an egomaniac dictator…
It’s not the same thing.
You can say that Arteta is egomaniac dictator if you think that he is too authoritative.

But to compare him to Ted Bundy?
Or to call Emery greasy terrorist vampire?
Sorry, this shouldn’t be acceptable.

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

It’s not the same thing.
You can say that Arteta is egomaniac dictator if you think that he is too authoritative.

But to compare him to Ted Bundy?
Or to call Emery greasy terrorist vampire?
Sorry, this shouldn’t be acceptable.
I think making personal attacks on people you don’t know in the slightest is in poor taste. Especially grandiose comparisons like hitler to a sports coach. Trivializing the atrocities when you compare one of the most evil men to ever live, to a soccer coach because you don’t like their coaching style.

Hence why I pointed out our fans similar treatment of prior managers, and how there have always been sections of people who for some reason don’t find it poor taste.

I am agreeing with you.

Rex Stone

Trusted ⭐

Come on mate. We got thrashed 3-0 at home to Brighton, lost 1-0 to Forest and 2-0 to Newcastle. And City mauled us 4-1. You can’t blame all that on Aaron. It’s like stubbing your toe after 8 pints of beer and blaming the doorframe.

Thanks for reminding me. Disgraceful in the Forest and Newcastle games as well.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Thanks for reminding me. Disgraceful in the Forest and Newcastle games as well.

Literally wasn't at fault for any of the goals in those games? Actually made a couple of class saves against Newcastle.

Xhaka literally left Bruno open in the box for Newcastle's second goal after Ramsdale had to make a good save to clean up the defense's mess:

j0kRqF7.gif

Look at Xhaka ffs, just gives up and plants his feet for a solid 5-6 seconds while Newcastle players swarm behind him and his man scores the goal.

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

Tbh I don't think anyone really believes Arteta is anything like Ted Bundy :lol:

It's just dark humour.
And I’m sure no one really believed Unai was actually a vampire terrorist, either. They’re still nonsensical comments, really.

I think overall we would probably be better off leaving the personal and over the top stuff out of it.

I also think celebrity culture makes people too comfortable making ridiculous statements about people we know nothing about, but I guess that’s a whole different conversation :lol:

Rex Stone

Trusted ⭐

Literally wasn't at fault for any of the goals in those games? Actually made a couple of class saves against Newcastle.

Xhaka literally left Bruno open in the box for Newcastle's second goal after Ramsdale had to make a good save to clean up the defense's mess:

j0kRqF7.gif

Look at Xhaka ffs, just gives up and plants his feet for a solid 5-6 seconds while Newcastle players swarm behind him and his man scores the goal.

Raya’s out quicker and gets that.

Shambolic in the City game as well. KDB was probably shocked his shot went in.

HattoriHanzo

Arsenal conceded 43 league goals last season.
Recently I read somewhere that 15 of these goals came after we gifted ball to opposition.
It is 35% of conceded goals.
How many points Arsenal lost due to these gifted goals?

I’m sure that City hasn’t gifted 38% of theit conceded goals.

First thing Arteta should do is to try to reduce it as much as possible.
This would help a lot.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Raya’s out quicker and gets that.

I don't know, Raya pissed away Brentford's season a couple of years ago with this massive howler in the playoff final:

Not sure Ramsdale has done anything near as bad as this :lol: In one of football's biggest games as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom