• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
"Attack wins you games, defence wins you titles"

I am gonna go out on a limb here and say you need both a good attack and defence to win the league, call me 'Galaxy Brain Riou' if you want but I think I am on to something...

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

For me it's more the issue of us coming up short in front of goal when it matters.

The Havertz goal was the correct call. The Douglas Luiz penalty incident should've been given & Diego Carlos should've been sent off.

The sad truth is, Villa gave us multiple chances to get back in the game & we should've had daylight between us had we taken all those fluffed chances before the ones I mentioned above came along.

Defenses win you titles, but when you've got a striker who admits scoring isn't his thing, you won't win much.
100%.

Saying we came up short isn’t saying Emery is a **** coach, either. Not sure what some of the last few pages are about.

It doesn’t make sense to say we struggled against them tactically, when the stats and the eye test show we clearly were better on the run of play. We lost because we were wasteful. Wasteful because we had ample opportunity to score and didn’t execute. Had ample opportunity to score because we didn’t struggle tactically… I’ve seen it said by some Villa fans (even on here), that we handled their offside trap better than anybody else.

But it seems like people try to create strange wars based on relatively benign and safe observations.

The PGMOL wasn’t the game changer, like you said we had plenty of opportunities. We let ourselves down, simple as. That’s what makes the result so frustrating, imo.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

100%.

Saying we came up short isn’t saying Emery is a **** coach, either. Not sure what some of the last few pages are about.

It doesn’t make sense to say we struggled against them tactically, when the stats and the eye test show we clearly were better on the run of play. We lost because we were wasteful. Wasteful because we had ample opportunity to score and didn’t execute. Had ample opportunity to score because we didn’t struggle tactically… I’ve seen it said by some Villa fans (even on here), that we handled their offside trap better than anybody else.

But it seems like people try to create strange wars based on relatively benign and safe observations.

The PGMOL wasn’t the game changer, like you said we had plenty of opportunities. We let ourselves down, simple as. That’s what makes the result so frustrating, imo.

That's what it boils down to.

I remember there was a tweet that showed we were the team with most touches in opposition boxes.

Numbers don't lie, but our conversion rate is abysmal & in stark contrast to our creation rate.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Think this team is not ready mentally, and my worry is that it won't get the luxury of having a third season to push for a title.

Gabriel, Saka, Rice and Saliba are the only guys I see having that elite mentality right now.
I'm not sure it's about mentality tbh but more about a lack of ability in certain players and the knock on effect that has. I can't imagine any defensive player looks at either striker and feels confident that they will score. Nobody thinks Raya is in the new Casillas. Address things like that and the team improves. I agree about not having the luxury of pushing for the title next season-or at least not without extreme pressure.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
We just have to hope Mik improves because he is firmly entrenched at the club. Those of his defenders who are logical acknowledge lots of mistakes. Objective reality has shown a number of his unorthodox ideas like kai, willian, and Holding or his thin squad filled with pets and company guys are bad mistakes. The ones that get me are the ones that claim Mik is the best guy in universe for job and has been remarkable. Huh? Moyes and ETh have as many trophies as Mik in their respective gigs in less time. Look at Villa, look at how fast Klopp retooled.

Lets hope he grows into job, he won’t be fired he has whole club including owners on a string. Right now he is nowhere near top 5 or 10 manager in world we need to beat the best teams. Not near it. Stubborn naivety and emotionally rating players are recipes for disaster in an elite manager

shoot for the top

We just have to hope Mik improves because he is firmly entrenched at the club. Those of his defenders who are logical acknowledge lots of mistakes. Objective reality has shown a number of his unorthodox ideas like kai, willian, and Holding or his thin squad filled with pets and company guys are bad mistakes. The ones that get me are the ones that claim Mik is the best guy in universe for job and has been remarkable. Huh? Moyes and ETh have as many trophies as Mik in their respective gigs in less time. Look at Villa, look at how fast Klopp retooled.

Lets hope he grows into job, he won’t be fired he has whole club including owners on a string. Right now he is nowhere near top 5 or 10 manager in world we need to beat the best teams. Not near it. Stubborn naivety and emotionally rating players are recipes for disaster in an elite manager
Agree, but he will be here until the end of the season at the very least.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Agree, but he will be here until the end of the season at the very least.
I think even if Mik fails this year it will take 2-3 years of poor performance for club to consider letting him go. I hope he grows, wins big things. But i just see really bad decisions years into job that can’t be ignored or spun off

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I think even if Mik fails this year it will take 2-3 years of poor performance for club to consider letting him go. I hope he grows, wins big things. But i just see really bad decisions years into job that can’t be ignored or spun off

What do you consider as a failure for Mikel this season?

And if he does fail this season, who do you have in mind as his replacement.

SuperMikel

A calm and collected individual.

Your very late. Havertz is starting to come good, not just 'doing well', but scoring goals and playing like he was at Leverkusen. The Haavertz hate mail is no longer being opened. Get with it.

And here we go, talking up Moyes and ETH. Do you realise Moyes is 19 years older than Arteta, and ETH Is 12 years older.

Arteta took the Arsenal job after Bozo Unai left us in 12th position. Klopp and Pep were fully established when Arteta took the job. Arteta took the job midway though the 19-20 season, which was the year Man City got 98 points, and Liverpool 97. How can it be a crime to not have dominated the league going up against Pep and Klopp from a position of weakness? Its been a Liverpool-City duopoly for about 4 years, however now we are considered the third horse in the race. Man United, Chelsea, Tottenham all wanted it to be them. However is it us

It really is a case of thinking the grass is greener. People who want managers like Ancelotti, Emery, De Zerbi, Frank or any others - you guys are really making some high risk assumptions thinking the pathway to a PL title is wider with a different manager to Arteta.

HattoriHanzo

Now when Tomiyasu is injured, it was his mistake to let Tierney go to San Sebastian knowing that Timber is lost for almost the whole season.
I didn't like the idea of allowing Tierney to go after we lost Timber.
Tierney is not world class, but is defensively better then Zinchenko (who is genuinely midfielder, not LB) and White.
Both White and Zinchenko made mistakes in last 3 matches (Wolves, Luton, Villa) for goals we conceded.

Arteta also unintentionally made a mess of GK situation.
I understand why he left Martinez to go (Martinez wanted guaranteed no. 1 position and Arteta wasn't ready to give him that plus we needed money to pay Partey's release clause), but he is better GK than Raya/ Ramsdale.
Arteta listens too much GK coach Inaki Cana, the guy who recommended Runarsson and who should be sacked for this.
I also understand logic behind Raya transfer (last few seasons he had better GK statistics than Ramsdale and we all know that Ramsdale's performances were poor at the end of last season and in pre-season), but as we all see he is not much better than Ramsdale (at least not for now)
All our current top 4 rivals have better goalkeepers than us (Alisson, Ederson, Martinez), and we will have to cope with Raya/ Ramsdale this season.

I think that injuries will be the most important factor in how this season will evolve. If we can avoid injuries to our crucial players (we all know who they are), we will be ok.
Minimum Arteta has to achieve this season is top 4, i.e. to qualify for CL next season.
Any trophy is bonus.

Vanpayslip

I think we are seeing the start of the dismantling of his rebuild that led up to the team last season that finished 2nd. Ramsdale is the obvious one but I think he fancies White less and less in that role and I have a feeling he’s not very keen on Gabriel in the centre of defence. We’re probably going to see people being moved on or demoted.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
Arteta took the Arsenal job after Bozo Unai left us in 12th position. Klopp and Pep were fully established when Arteta took the job. Arteta took the job midway though the 19-20 season, which was the year Man City got 98 points, and Liverpool 97. How can it be a crime to not have dominated the league going up against Pep and Klopp from a position of weakness? Its been a Liverpool-City duopoly for about 4 years, however now we are considered the third horse in the race. Man United, Chelsea, Tottenham all wanted it to be them. However is it us

Not sure if you're gaslighting intentionally, if you're just stupid or both (seeing your posting history around the place, probably a combination tbh), but calling Unai for 'Bozo Unai' when he's been nothing but classy shows your character anyway.

In regards to "left us in 12th position" you do realize, that that wasn't the case, right?

1702294070781.png

It's not that hard to check up on your facts before you spew out ****. We only dropped to 12th under Arteta actually, not that I blame it on him, but again, just facts.

It really is a case of thinking the grass is greener. People who want managers like Ancelotti, Emery, De Zerbi, Frank or any others - you guys are really making some high risk assumptions thinking the pathway to a PL title is wider with a different manager to Arteta.

Calling Ancelotti a high risk assumption?

Idris Elba Ugh GIF

HattoriHanzo

Not sure if you're gaslighting intentionally, if you're just stupid or both (seeing your posting history around the place, probably a combination tbh), but calling Unai for 'Bozo Unai' when he's been nothing but classy shows your character anyway.

In regards to "left us in 12th position" you do realize, that that wasn't the case, right?

View attachment 20346

It's not that hard to check up on your facts before you spew out ****. We only dropped to 12th under Arteta actually, not that I blame it on him, but again, just facts.

Calling Ancelotti a high risk assumption?

Idris Elba Ugh GIF
Of those 4 coaches, Frank and De Zerbi are very good, Emery is excellent (I'd say he and Arteta are more-less same level) and Ancelotti is level above them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom