• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
You can see why were chasing Auoar hard.

When we get the ball around the box we have no creativity.

Badly need someone in that pocket that can make things happen.

Finesse

This team is scared as Xhaka said. We are scared to concede a goal and the whole shape plus tactic is to not let goals in. Simply put we have gone from getting beat 3/4 nil to getting beat 1-0 or 3-1 etc.

Listening to Artefa defending how we played does not feel me with confidence. It looks like a Manager defending what he knows is lacking but stubbornly sandbagging.

Manberg

Predator
This team is scared as Xhaka said. We are scared to concede a goal and the whole shape plus tactic is to not let goals in. Simply put we have gone from getting beat 3/4 nil to getting beat 1-0 or 3-1 etc.

Listening to Artefa defending how we played does not feel me with confidence. It looks like a Manager defending what he knows is lacking but stubbornly sandbagging.

Maybe it’s a case of trying what works best? We have beaten Man City in a more meaningful game using similar tactics and we beat Liverpool three times using it too. Only a fool would try to fix what’s working.
I’m with Arteta. We were unlucky today. 2 missed sitters and denied a penalty. Games are decided by such fine margins.

Ashybashy86

You can see why were chasing Auoar hard.

When we get the ball around the box we have no creativity.

Badly need someone in that pocket that can make things happen.
Is Aouar a creator though? I just like that he can beat a press effortlessly and advance the ball. Never thought of him as a creator.

Finesse

Maybe it’s a case of trying what works best? We have beaten Man City in a more meaningful game using similar tactics and we beat Liverpool three times using it too. Only a fool would try to fix what’s working.
I’m with Arteta. We were unlucky today. 2 missed sitters and denied a penalty. Games are decided by such fine margins.

What else as he tried to chose which works best? His top scorer has season has had 6 shorts in 5 full games. What does that tell you?

Just to clarify. This is post match analysis. Just in case you think it a “I am not with Arteta “ rhetorics.

Manberg

Predator
What else as he tried to chose which works best? His top scorer has season has had 6 shorts in 5 full games. What does that tell you?

Just to clarify. This is post match analysis. Just in case you think it a “I am not with Arteta “ rhetorics.

Auba missed a sitter today. That’s not Arteta’s fault that’s Auba’s. If you think we’re creating 1000 chances against the very top sides you’re dreaming. I remember games against United eons ago, we barely had a sniff but strikers had to be clinical.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
We just didn't have anything going for us today other than Gabriel and Saka.

Arteta's put himself in a corner with the summer, as William's good performances come mostly out of the right wing. He has played as an AM to some success, and IIRC left wing is his worst position.

Or was, as false 9 is obviously not really his thing. He pulled a Pep today and overthought the selection.

We have defensive structure now, at least. Needs to start tweeking the attack soon enough, though and that will have to go through transitioning to 3 midfielders at some point.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
We just didn't have anything going for us today other than Gabriel and Saka.

Arteta's put himself in a corner with the summer, as William's good performances come mostly out of the right wing. He has played as an AM to some success, and IIRC left wing is his worse position.

Or was, as a false 9 is obviously not really his thing. He pulled a Pep today and overthought the selection.

We have defensive structure now, at least. Needs to start tweeking the attack soon enough, though and that will have to go through transitioning to 3 midfielders at some point.

And just, like, keep it simple. I'm looking at Saka and he's fantastic going forward but so-so when he's defending, so just play him further forward on the wing or in midfield, right? Tell Auba to stay within the width of the goal posts. Get the fullbacks to push up, I don't see them get forward enough.

There are players like Gabriel and Partey here now, these guys are strong and fast and you can trust them to defend space. You can allow yourself to be a bit more open and commit more people forward.

It's not that Arteta has to coach intricate attacking patterns, he could just play an extra attacker and tell the team to push up the pitch and you'd end up with much better creativity.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Things can't click and we go from team finished 8th to finish 3rd-4th in space few months yes we won the fa cup but that totally different than league where you need to be good every game and currently we don't have team can do that we started the season well only lost against top 2 in England. The next 2 games are more realistic chance to see where we at against teams at our level and same ambition so hopefully Arteta come out with good results. I'm liking what im seeing from Arteta players enjoying themselves understand and respect him unlike with emery when players were confused and not enjoy or understand what he want from them.

Only offensive football lack from our game at the moment and I'm sure it'll arrive soon we not been fun to watch since 16/17 anyway.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
At the moment we lack creativity the creative players we got who are pepe Willian Ceballos aren't doing enough so Arteta can't do nothing unless they improve thier game happy about saka involvement going forward just what we need another player can add something we lack

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
The whole creativity thing is weird. I dont think you solve it signing one player.

Let's take City, Liverpool and Chelsea. The three teams in the league with the most creative players and the 3 teams who created the most big chances last season. They all have 5 or more players creating good chances in their main starting 11's.

Liverpool -
Trent, Robbo, Mane, Salah and Firmino. Thiago has been added and adds chance creation centrally. So 6 good quality chance creators in the Liverpool 11.

City -
Everyone knows they have an abundance of attacking flair. Dont need to list them.

Chelsea -
They also have a lot of attacking players creating chances now. Along with Chilwell who is a good attacking left back.

Now compare that to us. Bellerin will get assists but he isnt a big chance creator. Tierney can easily be a chief chance creator for us so there's one. Pepe and Willian are chance creators but they're currently inconsistent. Saka is actually out best opportunity to create as we speak. I also believe Ceballos can be a good chance creator for us played further forward.

So for me, for us to get the best out of this squad, Arteta needs to play -

Leno
Bellerin - Luiz - Gabriel - Tierney
Xhaka
Partey - Ceballos
Pepe - Auba - Saka
Rotate Ceballos, Xhaka and Willian if need be. But this is our strongest most balanced 11 right now.

Manberg

Predator
I'd like you to say why you think that side has no balanced?

For starters, Luiz isn’t good in a back 4. Then you make it look like you’re using Ceballos and Partey as two #10’s or two #8’s. If it’s the latter you may as well name all three midfielders on the same row. Thirdly, that front three is light weight. Who’s going to help transition? Who’s going to hold the ball up?
You need some strength in there.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
For starters, Luiz isn’t good in a back 4. Then you make it look like you’re using Ceballos and Partey as two #10’s or two #8’s. If it’s the latter you may as well name all three midfielders on the same row. Thirdly, that front three is light weight. Who’s going to help transition? Who’s going to hold the ball up?
You need some strength in there.

Alright replace Luiz with Holding then? Its a 433 with Xhaka at the base. If it makes it easier for you I can put them in a nice line. But it doesn't make a difference really. Xhaka will just be the deepest midfielder of the 3 and thats what I was trying to show.

Hold the ball up? We arent playing long ball game here. You get the ball into Pepe and Saka and Auba is the out and out striker...

Its the most balanced team we have by far.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom