• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Arteta is saying he isn’t playing Martinelli because the line-up would have too many young players. Somehow Martinelli would be a tipping point, so keep Willian in instead. Doesn’t make sense to me, but at least we’re getting some answers, regardless of whether they make any sense.

This is Emery like. Too many youngsters? Not sure where he gets 6 or 7 from. If we played ALL the young players it would be 4 max. 3 of them basically beat Chelsea. Add another one and it will all fall apart apparently? So Willian must play to control the game?

Its just getting silly now. Nobody is asking for all of them to play. They want Martinelli to play, because he is better than Willian.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

The "doesn't have his players" excuse really needs to be put to bed. It's a myth that continually gets brought up.

He signed two first team players for Christ sake. He's had one summer transfer window and been able to spend money on two footballers. Are people really that thick? It's pretty factual that he doesn't have his own squad by any means.

Just because you dislike and want the manager out doesn't mean you need to chat rubbish.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
When Moyes was hired by West Ham (the same time as Arteta was hired) they were 17th, 1 point above the relegation zone.

Now they're scrapping for top 4 having only invested £10m net so far this season.

Now that's what you call a rebuild.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Arteta is saying he isn’t playing Martinelli because the line-up would have too many young players. Somehow Martinelli would be a tipping point, so keep Willian in instead. Doesn’t make sense to me, but at least we’re getting some answers, regardless of whether they make any sense.

Well he's gone and said in black and white.

A statement I didn't want to believe and I'll say...as rude as it sounds....this is fuking stupid.

Sure experience is important, but the chief and most important determinant of a starting position is quality pure and simple, and of course fit is crucial too.

But to omit my boy Martinelli because tOo MaNY YoOOongstas yet some of the senior players are incompetent and fearful and play like they're inexperienced? Ridiculous.

You can p!ss off with that bs you fkin hypocrite. F***CK that has annoyed me.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
He signed two first team players for Christ sake. He's had one summer transfer window and been able to spend money on two footballers. Are people really that thick? It's pretty factual that he doesn't have his own squad by any means.

Just because you dislike and want the manager out doesn't mean you need to chat rubbish.
Count the players in that line up who are still here and playing regular minutes, it really isn't that hard. Less than 2 years ago. If he doesn't have his own squad by now what with signings, selling players and contract extensions then I don't know when he ever will. Unless of course we want to go down the 22 quality players route that the likes of City and Chelsea can afford to do.

Last edited:

Iceman10

Established Member
This is Emery like. Too many youngsters? Not sure where he gets 6 or 7 from. If we played ALL the young players it would be 4 max. 3 of them basically beat Chelsea. Add another one and it will all fall apart apparently? So Willian must play to control the game?

Its just getting silly now. Nobody is asking for all of them to play. They want Martinelli to play, because he is better than Willian.

Pretty silly also when he runs Saka into the ground. It’s hard to tell really If even he believes this BS he is saying.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Pretty silly also when he runs Saka into the ground. It’s hard to tell really If even he believes this BS he is saying.
God give me strength if he does.

I'm close to done with Arteta if this is true, because it means he's nerfing Martinelli, Nelson, Balogun, Nketiah and probably Saliba needlessly for a principle that doesn't even make sense.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Although I don’t really rate Martinelli or Balogun that high (they may have potential but it’s not clear that they are amazing talents. There are more Brazilians who look better at the moment.)
But I think they are better than Auba, and we should have played them more to try them out.

To be fair, Martinelli and Balogun’s talent are not as obvious as Saka, which it is criminal if we dont play him. And they are not as hopeless as Nketiah, willock which you would immediately know they are technically shxt the first moment they touch the ball, and you don’t want to see them again.

Last edited:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Count the players in that line up who are still here and playing regular minutes, it really isn't that hard. Less than 2 years ago. If he doesn't have his own squad by now what with signings, selling players and contract extensions then I don't know when he ever will. Unless of course we want to go down the 22 quality players route that the likes of City and Chelsea can afford to do.

Are you genuinely being serious? The players who have played the most minutes for us this season were not signed by Arteta. Apart from Gabriel of course. I couldn't care less how many players we've bought and sold in that period. Or who started in the final two years ago. It means nothing. What matters is who he's signed.

skience3

We were.
Then Tierney and Ödegaard got injured and it went to ****e.

Our 2 best players in form.
Tierney is injured because our manager decided we only need one left back, and proceeded to play him after 270 minutes on international duty. Ødegaard isn't even our player.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Are you genuinely being serious? The players who have played the most minutes for us this season were not signed by Arteta. Apart from Gabriel of course. I couldn't care less how many players we've bought and sold in that period. Or who started in the final two years ago. It means nothing. What matters is who he's signed.

I don't know what to say to that to be honest. Read this post from @Tir Na Nog. Sums it up better than I could.

This is the thing. Look at our team.

Leno, he chose him over Emi. He brought in Cedric, Mari and wanted Luiz to stay another year. He was happy to let Kola and AMN go without signing a Tierney backup. He wanted Gabriel. Holding was linked with a move away before deciding he wanted him to stay. He brought in Partey, personally convinced Xhaka to stay, used Elneny when his Arsenal career looked all but over. Brought back Ceballos, sent Torreira out on loan, sent Willock out on loan. Sent Guendouzi on loan. Discarded Özil and played no 10 for months quite happily. He wanted Willian. He's chosen not to use Pepe a lot as a starter. Decided not to send Eddie out on loan again. Wanted to keep Laca. Wanted Auba to stay and sign a big contract.

Almost the entirety of our current squad, Arteta either chose them over another player, brought them back, convinced them to stay or signed them. There's very few players that have been forced upon him. Chambers I guess but that's hardly a massive issue. Tierney and Pepe, but I mean what kind of manager would complain about inheriting these types of players. Saka and Martinelli, two youngster with high potential, one of whom he's incredibly reliant upon.

Arteta has been backed to the hills in everything he's done. Any player he didn't want regardless of talent, wages, value, etc was chucked aside. Any player he wanted in was brought in. Players with one leg out the door were convinced to stay because he wanted them to. Wenger was never backed to this extent in his final years. Yet a rookie has been backed like this, has us 11th and still has people making excuses saying he needs to be backed more.

Kav

Established Member
If a manager can only do well with players he has signed then he’s not cut out for management. That is why it’s called management. The job is to manage.

Stupid people and their stupid arguments. I’m this close to being done with this place. The level of stupidity on display is astonishing.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I don't know what to say to that to be honest. Read this post from @Tir Na Nog. Sums it up better than I could.

I'm sorry but what do you expect? Arteta to be able to spend 300m on getting top players for every position in the middle of a pandemic?

Come on now, you seem fairly intelligent. You cant just go from 0-100 unless you're Chelsea but even they missed out on a window and did two summers business in one go.

Do you think the ultimate goal for Arteta is to have Mari, Cedric, Luiz, Ceballos and Willian in his team? Of course not. But they were signed out of necessity. Without signing Cedric we would genuinely genuinely screwed right now in the full back positions. That is what he's there for, backup. Hence the cost, same with all the others I've mentioned.

I am talking about first team signings, and as of right now Arteta has signed three players for the first team including Ødegaard.

Also the emi vs Leno argument is dumb, both are top keepers we kept one of them, get over it.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If a manager can only do well with players he has signed then he’s not cut out for management. That is why it’s called management. The job is to manage.

Stupid people and their stupid arguments. I’m this close to being done with this place. The level of stupidity on display is astonishing.

Just leave then because you rarely offer anything of substance on here. Just bash people for no real reason. Pretty embarrassing.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I'm sorry but what do you expect? Arteta to be able to spend 300m on getting top players for every position in the middle of a pandemic?

Come on now, you seem fairly intelligent. You cant just go from 0-100 unless you're Chelsea but even they missed out on a window and did two summers business in one go.

Do you think the ultimate goal for Arteta is to have Mari, Cedric, Luiz, Ceballos and Willian in his team? Of course not. But they were signed out of necessity. Without signing Cedric we would genuinely genuinely screwed right now in the full back positions. That is what he's there for, backup. Hence the cost, same with all the others I've mentioned.

I am talking about first team signings, and as of right now Arteta has signed three players for the first team including Ödegaard.

Also the emi vs Leno argument is dumb, both are top keepers we kept one of them, get over it.
Listen if all your going to judge the guy on is his signings then fair enough, I think their's a lot more to management than that. It's your right to back him and I can't change that.

I personally want to see this club doing well and I don't want us to write off however many years it's going to take in the hope that Arteta becomes a top coach. It would pain me to say it but I'd say the same if Henry or Vieira were in charge. In my opinion Arsenal is far too big a club to be handing the keys to a rookie, well 2 rookies if we include Edu. This isn't Brighton or Burnley we are talking about.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Have you forgotten your meltdown two months ago when you were hurling abuse at anyone who disagreed with you?

I suggest you pipe down and go sit in a corner son. Let the grownups have a discussion.

Shock the 12 year old is now being patronising. If you're like this in every day life I feel sorry for everyone that's around you. But you probably aren't, you're probably still living with your parents. In a basement.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom