• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Not a fluke tbh, especially over two legs.

I’m not quite sure what the word for it is then. We won’t be facing a side on the same level as us until the final of this tournament, if we win it then fair play but how many games would you say were a true test of his managerial ability? It would just be the final, a one-off game.

In the league where we are faced with stronger teams and a larger sample size he’s shown himself to be inept. Big fish small pond vibes basically.

I see where you're coming from but it is the Europa League. There were probably only a handful of clubs in the competition at the start that you'd think of as a good test for Arsenal. Leicester, Milan, Ajax, Sp**s etc all got themselves knocked out. That's not Arteta's fault.

Is Olympiakos, Sparta Prague, Villareal, Man Utd that easy? Couple of dark horse teams in the first couple of knock out rounds. A decent side in the semi's and a fairly highly rated side in the final. I'd think that's a fairly par run for the Europa League ( If we get there)

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

At least do your research.

Since boxing day we've had 19 games in the league. In said games Willian has these minutes -

Injured
Injured
19 minutes
unused sub
11 minutes
18 minutes
45 minutes
unused sub
16 minutes
28 minutes
unused sub
90 minutes (excellent display against Leicester)
69 minutes
13 minutes
not in squad
unused sub
21 minutes
unused sub
7 minutes

One 90 minute display in 19 premier league games, one display over 45 minutes. I said he's hardly been in the side since boxing day and I am indeed correct, I'll take the apology in DM's or here. Up to you.

You didn’t say Premier League though? Why are you leaving other competitions out? :lol:

He’s seen the field in most of the games post Christmas, who cares if they’re sub appearances or not?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You didn’t say Premier League though? Why are you leaving other competitions out? :lol:

He’s seen the field in most of the games post Christmas, who cares if they’re sub appearances or not?

Played 28 minutes over two legs against Benfica. Played 82 minutes and contributed with an assist in the win against Olympiakos, wasn't in the squad in the second leg, played 73 mins over two legs against Prague. I expect him to be used as rotation or off the bench.

You however, still speak like he's starting every game and playing at least 45 mins a game, which he isn't at all. Are you being purposely obtuse? He's completely out of favour under Arteta now, why can't you accept that? The facts are there for you to see.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
It's a year long sub when you pay - plus you say that but the interview Özil did with the Athletic did a great deal on my views towards him.

Reading his side of the story made me see him in a different light and lifted the lid on some details I wasn't privy to, they do come with the odd gold sometimes.

Well, luckily, I didn't need Özil to do an interview to know him, I paid attention. But still, that interview was as much PR as everything else they do.

The Athletic is nothing but a paid for PR pamphlet.

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Played 28 minutes over two legs against Benfica. Played 82 minutes and contributed with an assist in the win against Olympiakos, wasn't in the squad in the second leg, played 73 mins over two legs against Prague. I expect him to be used as rotation or off the bench.

You however, still speak like he's starting every game and playing at least 45 mins a game, which he isn't at all. Are you being purposely obtuse? He's completely out of favour under Arteta now, why can't you accept that? The facts are there for you to see.

Ok so this is going round in circles. You’re going to see it one way. I’ll see it the other way.

scytheavatar

Established Member
That's a quick retreat from supposed Kroenke promises of investment. Not sure I believe this article though. Tabloids.

If we don't have Europe next season, then Kroenkes will need to invest just to let us make bargain signings. I am not seeing the contraindication here.

SK___

I didn’t think the football would be this bad, not sure I have enjoyed any game this season. Didn’t think he would push aside all the younger guys for older dross.
tenor.gif
he’s got a point

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Ok so this is going round in circles. You’re going to see it one way. I’ll see it the other way.

There's no other way to see it, he's out of favour now, accept it and move on. The only reason you aren't accepting it is because you want the manager out so badly. Grow up.

SK___

Nah Arsenal need to win the Europa it’s better in the grand scheme of things.
so we win the el...
ek’s takeover isn’t successful meaning everything stays how it is, including the basque ***** continuing at the helm, nah, I don’t think it is... imagine going into next season in this predicament or even better, planning around this manager lol so much needs to change it’s not even funny

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I think if we get rid of him we're missing out on the next Klopp/Pep/Fergie.
Difference is I’m not sure Klopp/Pep/Fergie has at any stage of their career made a team worse than the sum of its parts.

It also took them years to get to where they are. Even if Arteta can be that good, we’re gonna spend how many years in mid table before that happens? How will we sign the players he needs if we keep finishing mid table?

Looks like Mikel needs a loan 😂

Weliveinacrazyworld

A very, very well known member
Don’t get me wrong, I agree with you all with regards to sacking Arteta.... but we must win Europa this year. Not winning Europa is gonna do a lot more damage to the club than keeping Arteta. If we don’t win it this year, we’ll be out of European competition for the first time in 25 years. Considering our league finishes recently (8th last season, 10th this season, who tf knows for next season), we most likely won’t be back in European competition for a couple more years. That would be devastating for our finances, especially since we’ve already been screwed massively by the pandemic and no fans in stadiums.

SK___

Don’t get me wrong, I agree with you all with regards to sacking Arteta.... but we must win Europa this year. Not winning Europa is gonna do a lot more damage to the club than keeping Arteta. If we don’t win it this year, we’ll be out of European competition for the first time in 25 years. Considering our league finishes recently (8th last season, 10th this season, who tf knows for next season), we most likely won’t be back in European competition for a couple more years. That would be devastating for our finances, especially since we’ve already been screwed massively by the pandemic and no fans in stadiums.
best thing to do is to pay zero mind
absolute clown fest

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Arteta has stopped starting Willian in important matches (thank God) but how many times recently have we gone 1-0 down, then you see the Afro-man himself be our reactive sub to that?

That needs to stop...it ****ing kills all my hope everytime, like we somehow concede 2 goals at once ffs :lol:

Top Bottom